2014 Looking for an answer or advice

Guest ramragon

We were in the Deer Lodge and the Mrs used the showers which were in the Emperors last year. She just got up earlyish so no queues and was pleasantly surprised how decent they were.

Don't know who she was trying to impress though, I just had a quick once over with a baby wipe and turned my duds inside out. She is a lucky girl.

You charming b@stard you! :D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys 1st timer this year :prankster:

Is there much going on after hours?

Does the arena area close after a certain time or are the gates always open?

How strict are the alcohol checks when entering the arena?

What is the site capacity?

Looking forward to it -Looks like a stunning part of the country :cool:

After the main acts there's a dance tent - functional but uninspiring - into the wee hours. Then the main area closes till morning.

I've seen much stricter security at bigger festivals, but they do have booze-watching security dudes.

Site's 4000 ish? Other's know more.

It's a lovely part of the world... weather permitting. ;)

Just wondering, Ive been once before by train/coach so I had to have everything on me at the time.

This year a group of us are coming by car, what with all the tents.food.alchohol, can we return to the car after we get in or do we take it as one job lot as it says your not allowed out of the area once youve your wristband?

cheers for the help

Hi guys 1st timer this year :prankster:

Is there much going on after hours?

Does the arena area close after a certain time or are the gates always open?

How strict are the alcohol checks when entering the arena?

What is the site capacity?

Looking forward to it -Looks like a stunning part of the country :cool:

The outdoor stages close between 10:30 and 11:00 but the glow tent, house party, riot jazz and a few others go on until 3:00. I think the arena then closes until 9:00.

Alcohol checks are reasonably strict but plenty seem to to get drink in. I think there was a thread last year on the best way to smuggle drink in. Bar prices are above normal pub prices but not as bad as festivals like V.

I think there are 15,000 tickets sold this year plus artists, stall holders security etc.

It's a great venue.

Surely they can't stop you going out to your car or even out in your car. If they do that's a bit stupid. Was planning on doing a beer run on the Saturday morning.

You could take your car out the first year I went which was 2010 but the festival is much bigger now and I think they have tightened up quite a bit.

If you haven't got much space in the car you could buy local when you arrive then you've only got a short journey cramped in the car. Otherwise you could always see if asda would deliver. Get them to call ten minutes before arriving and meet you at the drop off point. They're petty accommodating if you spend enough.

They don`t encourage you to go back out but you can and I did it in 2012 ( had to drop the kids off ). The Mrs is coming down by train on the Saturday. Surely they wouldn`t expect her to walk from Penrith while I sit about enjoying the music in the sunshine sipping on some cool ciders and enjoying myself while she has to struggle across with all her stuff from the station just because I am hiding behind some daft rule that you cannot take the car back out. Surely that isn`t going to happen................

Just wondering, Ive been once before by train/coach so I had to have everything on me at the time.

This year a group of us are coming by car, what with all the tents.food.alchohol, can we return to the car after we get in or do we take it as one job lot as it says your not allowed out of the area once youve your wristband?

cheers for the help

One year they said we had to take all the alcohol in on first trip which no-one was happy with but by the Saturday it was relaxed enough for us to go back and forward to car and even pop out to the local Morrisons to get more supplies and just walked back in with it, that was in general camping, in Emperors you could leave alcohol supplies in the car and pop back when needed.

Surely they can't stop you going out to your car or even out in your car. If they do that's a bit stupid. Was planning on doing a beer run on the Saturday morning.

It's nowhere near as strict as it says, every year we have been out of the festival for a shop and back and forward to car for stuff, just remember to keep the raffle ticket they give you if you pay for parking in general so you don't have to repay when you get back from Morrisons :)

Hiya everyone.

I just wondered. We have recently started converting a white van into a camper and it's not quite finished yet but the loo and shower should be in place by the 1st August. We are hoping to be able to camp as planned in the Emperor Fields but if need be use our facilities in our van.

Can we move freely from the camping field to the car park or is that going to be a problem?

Thanks

-x-

Yes, if you are in the Emperor field, the car park is just a short walk and you car return to your car without restriction. You might want to check before taking it though as I've heard them say that you can only take in campers with a camper van ticket as they can't allow sleeping in vehicles in any other area. But I have seen people sleeping in the back of unconverted transit vans in the Emperor car park.

Someone asked a similar question on Facebook either last year or the one before and KC replied that campers would only be allowed in the campervan field and must have a ticket. But there were plenty of vans in the emperor field car park last year. They did check inside vehicles for glass bottles etc. last year. First time they've done it that I can remember.

Hi just a few questions; my first kendal calling. Usually do leeds festival but was not excited by those headliners one bit and kendal looked like a cheap and cheerful alternative.

1. How strict are searches and security? Are there sniffer dogs? Not that I was planning on taking anything in.. Of course

2. Is there much going on after the arena closes at 11? What kind of things?

3. Is anyone travelling from manchester? What is the cheapest method of transport coach prices look a bit ridiculous also not keen on getting the train. Can't find anyone wanting to car share either.

4. What is there to do on the Thursday night?

Any replies from anyone who knows would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1. How strict are searches and security? Are there sniffer dogs? Not that I was planning on taking anything in.. Of course

Reasonably strict. Didn't see any sniffer dogs going into the Emperor Field on Thursday last year, but they have had them in the past. They also check for bottles as glass is not allowed.

2. Is there much going on after the arena closes at 11? What kind of things?

​The arena is open until 3am with several stages (Glow Tent, House Party, Riot Jazz) still with bands playing or DJs.The calling out stage converts into a cinema and the woodlands has a silent disco. I think the bar in the village green (main campsite) is open all night.

3. Is anyone travelling from manchester? What is the cheapest method of transport coach prices look a bit ridiculous also not keen on getting the train. Can't find anyone wanting to car share either.

Not sure as not from Manchester but Virgin are doing discount for KC travelers. But then you have to get the shuttle bus or taxi from Penrith. Taxi was a tenner one way last year.

4. What is there to do on the Thursday night?

Put up tent, have a drink, meet your new neighbors and have a drink, Craig Charles have another drink.

Any replies from anyone who knows would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Already good advice, so no need to repeat.

In terms of searching, they're primarily searching for glass, but given the BBC3 documentary they might even be stricter on entry searches. I saw no dogs last year, but festivals can have them one year not the next.

If one wrapped one's stuff in a bag, bought a tin of Milanco coffee grinds, emptied them, taped the bag to the bottom, and filled the tin back up with coffee, one would probably be okay as coffee is a great scent mask. Obviously you'll be needing the camping stove and tea & coffee-making bits and bobs for camoflage. Putting that in with food, especially open tasty-smelling stuff such as half packs of biscuits is good camo too.

If you're looking reet dodgy you might consider your "smuggler's pocket". I mean, where do you think the phrase "good shit" comes from?