2014 Looking for an answer or advice

Guest ramragon

Rowetta posted on her Twitter that they are headlining the dance stage.

think (hope!) may just be a mistake on her part. the glow tent just doesn't seem big enough unless ofcourse they're changing it for this year.I don't even think the stage in there is big enough for all the band

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be an answer to the "how do you cope with an increased capacity" question though. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that if you increased the crowd by 2000 to 3000 then the main stage becomes unmanageable, what happens if you give the public some decent viable alternatives at the same time. Imagine if at the headline slot you had a choice between suede, happy mondays, Jimi Goodwin and an Ocean Colour Scene acoustic set in the woodland ? That's gonna spread the crowd out a bit

Edited by ramragon

Do you think they'll release any more Emperor's Field tickets?

The missus reckons we didn't get ours till May for last years. We took our 3 year old last year, and will be taking him again, but would much prefer to be back in said field for camping.

Also, what are the other camping fields like for small kids? Just incase.

There might be another release but im not sure, they were on release and available for months before they sold through on the early release and pay monthly scheme.

You might be lucky, keep an eye on here or on facebook, you might be able to pick some up for face value rather than pay over the odds on the resale sites.

There are family fields and quiet fields which were fine and pretty empty last year, if I was camping his year I would go for that option for the 4 of us rather than shell out an extra £75.

It could be an answer to the "how do you cope with an increased capacity" question though. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that if you increased the crowd by 2000 to 3000 then the main stage becomes unmanageable, what happens if you give the public some decent viable alternatives at the same time. Imagine if at the headline slot you had a choice between suede, happy mondays, Jimi Goodwin and an Ocean Colour Scene acoustic set in the woodland ? That's gonna spread the crowd out a bit

KC have confirmed today that the Mondays are on the main stage which I really chuffed about, Looking forward to a (big?) surprise tomorrow morning

There might be another release but im not sure, they were on release and available for months before they sold through on the early release and pay monthly scheme.

You might be lucky, keep an eye on here or on facebook, you might be able to pick some up for face value rather than pay over the odds on the resale sites.

There are family fields and quiet fields which were fine and pretty empty last year, if I was camping his year I would go for that option for the 4 of us rather than shell out an extra £75.

Cheers mate.

The big wheel and swings are in the main arena. No nets there but could probably find a spot earlier in the day to have a kick around. There isn't that much level ground but there is usually plenty of room up by the woodlands. Not sure what security would think. There was a cricket match in front of the main stage before Frank Turner a couple of years back. That went down well. Lots of people joined in with those on the hill cheering on. Otherwise, the family camping had loads of room last year. Not sure if it will be the same layout this year.

Cheers. Were heading for the family camping so will probably get the ball out for a kickabout at some point. In my experience, you think the bars are expensive at festivals until you spend an hour in the fairground field. Especially if they have laser quests etc. A game of fitbaw or even cricket is far easier on the purse.

Hi, me and my wife are looking to come for the first time. We've never been to a festival before either so it's all new to us! We are not overly keen on camping as the Emporer's field has sold out and we don't fancy the normal camping field. What do you think to sleeping in the car? Is this possible or allowed? If so how far is the car park from the main entrance?

If we were to park in the Live-in vehicles section, are there any facilities there? (would this be allowed in a car?) Things like showers and loo's or is that only in the Emporer's field?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ta

Chris

Hello and welcome to the forums, I wouldn't go to the extreme of sleeping in the car, they have both a family field and quiet field which was half full last year if you wanna avoid any mayhem or disturbance through the night. You don't need a special ticket to get in either section.

Both sections have full toilet and water facilities as well. If you were adamant about emperors then keep an eye out on here or Facebook and people will come along who want to sell, usually at face value.

Anything else just ask

If you've never been to a festival before then don't stress the camping aspect too much, you'll have a blast. Every area has multiple toilets and urinals, water is available throughout the site from water points and there are plenty of food places around to buy food as well as a general dealer shop in the village green on site to buy milk, papers an snacks.

It's supposed to be enjoyable and not a chore so they do supply us with some facilities !

OK great, we just booked the tickets for camping, and booked early entry for thursday too. Hopefully we will get a good camping spot then too. It says there are two area, one loud area and quiet. Is it clearly sign posted which is which im guessing? Also, we'll be getting there around 8pm, coming from work. Do you think that will be busy at that time to get in and pitched up?

Thanks

Nah it won't be too busy at that time, the site opens early afternoon, there's usually a bit of queue at that time but not too long. It's will be a steady stream through the day of people arriving, you did the sensible thing getting Thursday tickets, you'll get a decent spot and a relaxed start to the festival. The quiet areas will be signposted and there are stewards all through the site so loads of people to ask in case you're unsure.

Hi, me and my wife are looking to come for the first time. We've never been to a festival before either so it's all new to us! We are not overly keen on camping as the Emporer's field has sold out and we don't fancy the normal camping field. What do you think to sleeping in the car? Is this possible or allowed? If so how far is the car park from the main entrance?

If we were to park in the Live-in vehicles section, are there any facilities there? (would this be allowed in a car?) Things like showers and loo's or is that only in the Emporer's field?

Ta

Chris

I think Ramragon has answered your questions.

Last year, I reckon the family field was emptier and quieter than the over full Emperors field. If it is the same this year, I would definitely go for that option. I've noticed that the KC team have answered a question on Facebook to say that the there will be plenty of room in family camping and that the field wasn't full last year. So fingers crossed it will be the same. It is a further walk from the car park but not too far compared to other festivals. Just plan to make a few trips.

You won't get in the live in vehicle section without a camper van and a camper van ticket.

Other than that, take a look at the food tips thread for what to take but you can buy most things if you forget anything.

Ta

Chris

The family and quiet areas were a lot better last year. They expanded the main camping field by quite a lot and better still, unlike previous years, marked them out quite clearly. You're further away from the action there but that helps as all the party animals want to be close to the arena.

I see you've booked Thursday and that's definitely a smart move, especially if you're prepared to get there an hour or two before opening time.

Edit: have you thought about the pre-pitched tents and tepees? They cost a frigging bomb and the one we had two years ago leaked a bit, but it's great to just turn up and have no work to do so you can just start drinking as soon as you get out of the car. They're well spaced apart and that field isn't very busy at all.

Edited by RossendaleR

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Callout Out Stage ends before the main stage? I was there last year and can't remember at all! I'm not liking the potential clashes with Suede/Jimi Goodwin/Frank Turner/Frightened Rabbit!

If both stages are on til the end then I hope it will be Example v Frightened Rabbit! What an easy choice that will be!

Cheers

Does anyone know if the Callout Out Stage ends before the main stage? I was there last year and can't remember at all! I'm not liking the potential clashes with Suede/Jimi Goodwin/Frank Turner/Frightened Rabbit!

If both stages are on til the end then I hope it will be Example v Frightened Rabbit! What an easy choice that will be!

Cheers

Just checked last year's lanyard. Main Stage and Calling Out finished at same time (main stage headliners starting earlier than the Calling Out headliners).

I imagine the Calling Out will be absolutely rammed for Frightened Rabbit given they're on against Example.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Question ?

Been paying on a monthly payment, now checked me bank and no money's come out so I'm presuming iv finished of me payments, ( spoke to them a while back, but can't remember when lol )

When do they start sending out tickets ??

Never had any comfirmation from tick aster but spoke on phone a few times so I no things are ok lol

Question ?

Been paying on a monthly payment, now checked me bank and no money's come out so I'm presuming iv finished of me payments, ( spoke to them a while back, but can't remember when lol )

Never had any comfirmation from tick aster but spoke on phone a few times so I no things are ok lol

Do you have a twitter account? I reckon that is the best way to get an answer from them. There is only a handful of dedidicated posters here so might not have come across every scenario.

Question ?

Never bought them on the deposit scheme but in terms of general ticket despatch isn't normally til a few weeks before the festival itself. People normally start posting on here when they get them through so just keep an eye on the forum in July mate

Hi, my friends and I are Kendal Calling newbies. We've decided (out of laziness as much as anything) to book into 'fancy' camping at Deer Lodge but not sure whether to opt for Tipi or Bell Tent. There's 6 of us so it'll be cosy either way but just wondered if there were any recommendations of one over the other?