Beck

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Could Beck play Other stage Sunday? PJ > Beck > BMTH Or Swap Beck and PJ?

I mean, I guess so, but I'd be surprised if he's not Pyramid given the poster placement. I know we can't read too much into it, but it looks like they've clearly tried to say "hey guys, look, Beck!"

23 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm clutching at straws cos it means he definitely can't clash with Polly. But he is more of an Other type act I reckon too.

If it weren't for the Bring Me The Horizon rumours I would have pegged him as an Other Stage headliner.

On 29/03/2016 at 1:53 PM, rpfranks said:

Saw him play Debra at Hyde Park w/ The Strokes last year!

Bastard. I had a ticket and my coach from Sheffield got cancelled because of low sales. Still curse the Midlands' pleb tastes for that day.

i do hope he's between ZZ Top and Foals and not ELO and Ellie - think he'll die on his arse in that slot (crowd response wise - i'm sure his performance will be great), though i think the latter is the more likely slot due to ZZ Top probably deserving third down themselves. surprised that Beck seems to be getting a pretty decent slot - didn't at all think he still had the stature in the UK to play such a high up spot at a mainstream fest. thought he'd be Other sub or even possibility West Holts headliner, which i guess he still could be... but his poster placing suggests not

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i do hope he's between ZZ Top and Foals and not ELO and Ellie - think he'll die on his arse in that slot (crowd response wise - i'm sure his performance will be great), though i think the latter is the more likely slot due to ZZ Top probably deserving third down themselves. surprised that Beck seems to be getting a pretty decent slot - didn't at all think he still had the stature in the UK to play such a high up spot at a mainstream fest. thought he'd be Other sub or even possibility West Holts headliner, which i guess he still could be... but his poster placing suggests not

His poster placing means he must be on the Pyramid. To be honest, I always thought he would be or Other stage headliner (but the consensus was I over stated his popularity)

Im hoping he is Friday after ZZ Top. Those are my two must see acts. To have them follow on from each other would be fantastic.

On 3/30/2016 at 11:02 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Stop it everyone!!!! Beck and PJ my two must sees. If these clash, then I swear...........

People having been using that St Etienne tweet to assume the 'Sunday legends' slot is gonna be 3rd down this year. Which means if Beck plays the pyramid on Sunday it would be 4th down and he'd be done before PJ starts. Well that's my thinking anyway

13 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

People having been using that St Etienne tweet to assume the 'Sunday legends' slot is gonna be 3rd down this year. Which means if Beck plays the pyramid on Sunday it would be 4th down and he'd be done before PJ starts. Well that's my thinking anyway

Yeah but if they have Beck on the Sunday I don't see why they'd do that, so if ELO are third down I assume they don't have a suitable act for that slot without putting them there.

I think all you guys are actually kidding yourselves and that he'll be subbing. I think he'll be bigger than you expect. He's headlining fold festival this year, same festival pharrell williams headlined last year and what spot did pharrell play at glastonbury last year? Pharrell might have the hits but beck definitely has the cult success. I'm on the Coldplay - Beck - Ellie - ELO bandwagon.

Edit: i also checked and Ellie Goulding is headlining one of the days at Belsonic this year. Just like paloma faith last year.

Edited by Acid_Haze

39 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think all you guys are actually kidding yourselves and that he'll be subbing. I think he'll be bigger than you expect. He's headlining fold festival this year, same festival pharrell williams headlined last year and what spot did pharrell play at glastonbury last year? Pharrell might have the hits but beck definitely has the cult success. I'm on the Coldplay - Beck - Ellie - ELO bandwagon.

Edit: i also checked and Ellie Goulding is headlining one of the days at Belsonic this year. Just like paloma faith last year.

Aye and so are Foals who are subbing Glastonbury and Biffy Clyro who are headlining R&L along with Foals.

just can't see Beck as a sub myself. as big of a cult act as he is, that's exactly what he is - a cult act - and he just really doesn't have the mass appeal over here that most other subs seem to. i guess that Grammy might've pushed him in to the public eye more than i'm aware of, but i think he's far more likely to be third than subbing

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

just can't see Beck as a sub myself. as big of a cult act as he is, that's exactly what he is - a cult act - and he just really doesn't have the mass appeal over here that most other subs seem to. i guess that Grammy might've pushed him in to the public eye more than i'm aware of, but i think he's far more likely to be third than subbing

Well he subbed The Strokes in Hyde Park last year if that's anything to go by (and IMO he was much better than they were)

7 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

Well he subbed The Strokes in Hyde Park last year if that's anything to go by (and IMO he was much better than they were)

Alabama Shakes, Patti Smith and Olly Murs are some of the acts subbing the Hyde Park gigs this year - don't think it's really a good indicator of a festival sub. although i really don't care where he plays - just as long as i get to see him! although obviously not amongst a bunch of Ellie Goulding and Coldplay fans would be far preferable

Beck is playing in London on tuesday after Glastonbury and Manchester the wednesday afterwards.

I dont think it means too much, but with him playing Hyde park on the saturday, it would be travelling from london - glastonbury - then back again, if he plays sunday on the farm.

Friday on the farm means: Glasto - london and stay there.

Hopefully he has gone for the 2nd option.

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Beck is playing in London on tuesday after Glastonbury and Manchester the wednesday afterwards.

I dont think it means too much, but with him playing Hyde park on the saturday, it would be travelling from london - glastonbury - then back again, if he plays sunday on the farm.

And he can squeeze into that Friday pyramid lineup easily

Muse, Foals, Beck, ZZ Top, Wolf Alice!

That really does look too good doesn't it?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Makes sense, but hopefully he's coming for the Sunday. Loads of good stuff already lined up for the Friday, the Sunday looking the poor relation as usual.

25 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Ive seen a couple of people now suggesting Skepta on the pyramid, now, is it just me, or is that complete lunacy? He's not going to be on the pyramid surely 

I think it's due to his name being so prominent on the poster and there being a lack of any other hip hop acts to fill the Friday Pyramid hip hop slot. Not too outrageous but still doesn't seem quite right to me