Beck

The 38 year old virgin

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

As has been said I can't see this causing you any difficulties at all. Planning on Beck then to the Glade for a bit of Henry Saiz before LCD myself.

ooh depending on my mood i may well head to this after Beck instead of Mac DeMarco. good way to kick off a no doubt messy night

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed it, agree with the sentiments though that the crowd was flat and mostly waiting for Coldplay. Did feel for him a bit as he was clearly trying his best and not stropping about it. Was half tempted to leave the front due to people shoving in for Coldplay and generally just being dickheads.

I was right at the front and the crowd was horrific. Nobody gave a fuck at all and I'm sure i was getting stares for singing Think I'm In Love.

Christ the part of the front I was in the people around me didnt even know 1999

So tempted to get a last minute ticket for manchester on tues/wed to make up for it

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Made the (for me, unusual) choice to watch this from the back and definitely missed out on the crowd not getting into it.  Everyone back there seemed to be loving it, and he brought out the bangers.

We had a right good giggle.

Agreed. Thought it was the best set of the weekend.

That's a real shame about the crowd at the front, but it was great where we were (near the disabled platform in the centre) and we seemed to be surrounded by people having as good a time as us. At least he didn't do a Gillespie and pout and whinge about everyone being there for the headliner. I loved it - agree with others here, he was fantastic.

I was also at the front, would probably say it was the worst crowd that I've ever been in. It was absolutely packed with Coldplay fans who had no clue who Beck was. Pushing and shoving. There was a point near the end where I literally could not move.  And - get this - there was an older couple next to us sat down in camping chairs. This was in the pit. They only moved after Beck left. Ruined the (already pretty poor) vibe for everyone around. 

Thought Beck himself was great, and the 'Where It's At' medley at the end was one of my highlights of the fest.