Beck

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Welp, between that tune and Polly's set list from last night, I'd say Beck is now confirmed as my Sunday sub. 

yep just had a look at her setlist and that makes me feel far less gutted about missing her. still not taken to her new album

On 02/06/2016 at 5:51 AM, Mardy said:

Beck vs PJ is my only real motherfucker of a clash this year. No idea what to do

Yep....same boat. Can see the start of Beck then nip round for PJ. Got a feeling her performance could be huge....so even though I prefer Becks music, we'll be there for PJ.

1 minute ago, When Jokers Attack said:

PJ might change the set for festivals though?

her festival setlists in 2011 were pretty Let England Shake heavy. mostly that album + 1 song from a couple of her other albums. she may shake it up a bit but i think it'll be similar this time round

Beck's setlist last night in NY for Governor's Island fest...same set length 75 mins as at Glasto
trying to see how much of it i can catch before a quick dash to PJ Harvey....i wonder how deep into this 20-25 mins takes him

Devil’s Haircut

Black Tambourine

Think I’m in Love / I Feel Love

Soul of a Man

Ghettochip Malfunction (Hell Yes)

Go It Alone

Mixed Bizness

Que Onda Guero

Paper Tiger

Lost Cause

Blue Moon

Raspberry Beret

Loser

Dreams

Girl

Sexx Laws

E-Pro

Where It’s At/ 1999 / China Girl

3 hours ago, tevaburger said:

Beck's setlist last night in NY for Governor's Island fest...same set length 75 mins as at Glasto
trying to see how much of it i can catch before a quick dash to PJ Harvey....i wonder how deep into this 20-25 mins takes him

Devil’s Haircut

Black Tambourine

Think I’m in Love / I Feel Love

Soul of a Man

Ghettochip Malfunction (Hell Yes)

Go It Alone

Mixed Bizness

Que Onda Guero

Paper Tiger

Lost Cause

Blue Moon

Raspberry Beret

Loser

Dreams

Girl

Sexx Laws

E-Pro

Where It’s At/ 1999 / China Girl

You'd definitely miss Sexx Laws, E-Pro and Where it's at!! 

Polly will definitely tour. Watch Beck.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have tracks like The New Pollution orLord Only Knows featured much on his recent setlists?

christ i didn't even notice the omission of The New Pollution. that's a bummer - one of my favourites. would happily see one or two of the Guero tracks left off in favour of that. thought there was a suspicious lack of Odelay in there

it used to be a set mainstay but looks like he's stopped playing it in the past couple of months which is a shame

EDIT: actually scratch that, he played it last night (Governers Ball was the night before). he must just cut it for the shorter sets

Edited by FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Beck winning the setlist war. Pj Harvey's from primavera had nine of the new album two or three from let England Shake and only three 'classics' 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pj-harvey/2016/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-23fec02b.html

Grim stuff. Still, looks like it will be possible to see all of beck then catch down by the water from pj. I'll settle for that I think

On 01/06/2016 at 9:47 PM, mario man said:

Beck is a must see for me, top 3 of the weekend. I seem to see him once every 10 years:

Glasto 97 - don't remember much, Friday on pyramid I think, he was the only act that day that no one threw mud at

V '06 - don't judge, no glasto that year, and beck followed by radiohead on the main stage couldn't be missed. He was bloody amazing, and had the 'puppet' show on the side of the stage if anyone remembers, very funny

Glasto 16 - can't bloody wait!

I last saw Beck in 2006 at V with the Puppet Show, he was excellent, really enjoyed him more than i expected to, it's why I'm really eager to see him again this summer as it's been ten years. I must admit I wish more off the Information was played, such a great album of his amongst many great albums.

23 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Looking like your shit out of luck on the debra front too. 

Yeah I've settled with not getting Debra. Shame, but rest of the setlist is a winner so can't complain! Still Sexx Laws and Mixed Bizness from Midnite Vultures so I'm happy