Festival Sell Out.....

Guest rickyclark

Will T in the Park tickets sell out straight away? I really want to go to Glasto again so I'm holding out for the resale which is in April, but I was wondering if they're will be any tickets left for T by then as its my second choice, gutted if I miss out on both, also is there any way of getting tickets if they do sell out or do they come like Glasto ones with your own details on?

thanks guys.

all the best

Ricky

Headliners are very weak apart from AM, but there is a better balance than the past couple of years.

However, most of my bands are on the Friday with little on the Sat + Sun.

I am tempted. A bit worried about a possible clash with Manics and Pixies on the Friday. However, will have seen both again in next few months.

Edited by frankblack

*sigh*

True to a point but there was balance and a bit of something for everyone before. Now there isn't. NIN, Janes Addiction, Airbourne, Rise Against, Wolfmother etc etc etc All bands that have never been "pop". If T want to stick all their eggs in the pop basket then they'll get smaller crowds. I have no issue with it and I'll go elsewhere but to say it was always thus is not true. There was something for everyone until 2012 when something changed.

*sigh*

True to a point but there was balance and a bit of something for everyone before. Now there isn't. NIN, Janes Addiction, Airbourne, Rise Against, Wolfmother etc etc etc All bands that have never been "pop". If T want to stick all their eggs in the pop basket then they'll get smaller crowds. I have no issue with it and I'll go elsewhere but to say it was always thus is not true. There was something for everyone until 2012 when something changed.

I would agree with Devilman. What made T brilliant was the balance it managed to maintain. There was always some pop (whatever that may have been at the time), always some rock, some dance, some indie, and a bit of heavier rock. 2012 saw a tip in the balance towards pop, with a gradual disappearance of some of the other genres.

I would say TITP initial announcement has done very well in getting some of the older bands that the old timers are interested in.

You got acts like pixies, embrace, franz Ferdinand, James, manic street preachers, inspiral carpets and then all the newer acts.

It's certainly got me interested, will wait until kendal calling fest gets announced beforehand though.

Edited by thetime

A couple of gems in the rough for sure, If they annouced the stage splits (Lucky to get day splits I know!) it could be decent but from previous years it may cut down what you want to see dramactically sadly.

Doubt it will sell out. Some big acts, but aside from Pharell (and his likely to be around a few places this year) is there really anyone who hasn't seen them that has wanted to??