So who's still to come?

Guest Deeps

I imagine it could end up looking like this on Main stage Sunday:

Arctic Monkeys

Example

Tinie Tempah

This would mean a slot would open up for Radio 1 headliner/sub and could mean Prodigy could have their headline slot with someone like Disclosure subbing them? I'm being really hopeful here so it probably won't happen.

Edit - Forgot about Jake Bugg, he'll probably sub Arctics and Example will probably be 3rd down or headline Radio 1... damn.

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed Sheeran and Pharrell are fair game for the slots (Sheeran for the number of records sold, Pharrell can turn most things gold it seems too) but Jake Bugg just isnt that, he isnt a voice of the generation type NME and the likes of want him to be, he has no stage presence needed for that kind of postion either. I'm not a big fan of Tinie Tempah and Example but in that type of environment, they two should be above him on a stage.

Lineup poster seems to be following a pattern though

Headliner / Subheadliners

Third Down / Radio One Headliner

I highly doubt Bastille are headlining radio one, so to be honest I think the radio one headliner for friday is still tba, the sub for arctics is still tba, and jake bugg is 3rd down.

Maybe steve angello is subbing the radio one stage, but the DR don't know who's above him yet.

Edited by Matt42

I would argue no, he isn't. It's his back catalogue with the Swedish House Mafia that's pushed him so high. I'm not even sure why, they never even released an actual album. They just made a handful of singles for a few years and split up.

I would love so much for a Drake appearance! Really hope this happens. Also, I'm not entirely sure Disclosure will headline Radio 1. They share a huge mainstream fanbase with AM, a clash would be very stupid.

I would argue no, he isn't. It's his back catalogue with the Swedish House Mafia that's pushed him so high. I'm not even sure why, they never even released an actual album. They just made a handful of singles for a few years and split up.

I would love so much for a Drake appearance! Really hope this happens. Also, I'm not entirely sure Disclosure will headline Radio 1. They share a huge mainstream fanbase with AM, a clash would be very stupid.

i'm sure someone mentioned the idea of there still being bout 4 big-ish acts still TBA. i think that stands true.

no real defined tuts headliners for saturday and sunday (disclosure possibley)

and if they arent stupid, then there isnt one for friday either because having pixies clashing with biffy is just stupid.

i'd even say that if elbow arent doing it then theres no clear radio 1 headliner for saturday and other than tinie tempah ( who i think it will be) i dont think theres anyone else for sunday radio 1.

its clear that example just loves his job and wants to play as big a crowd as possible.

he's get on much better 3rd main on sunday

Angello owns Size records and has been on the go for years so i think he deserves a headline Radio 1 slot. He isn't as mainstream as Alesso or Hardwell but he is definitely huge in the EDM followers. Your mates into that music or just listen to the beatport top 10?

Drake and Lana Del Rey would add a lot to the festival, would love to see both of them.

Hoping for Duke Dumont to get a tuts spot and surely The Horrors with a new album out in May will finally play for the first time since what, 2007?

The Courteeners to sub Arctics? Hope not but never know with their similar following?

Angello owns Size records and has been on the go for years so i think he deserves a headline Radio 1 slot. He isn't as mainstream as Alesso or Hardwell but he is definitely huge in the EDM followers. Your mates into that music or just listen to the beatport top 10?

Drake and Lana Del Rey would add a lot to the festival, would love to see both of them.

Hoping for Duke Dumont to get a tuts spot and surely The Horrors with a new album out in May will finally play for the first time since what, 2007?

The Courteeners to sub Arctics? Hope not but never know with their similar following?

i'd even say that if elbow arent doing it then theres no clear radio 1 headliner for saturday and other than tinie tempah ( who i think it will be) i dont think theres anyone else for sunday radio 1.

its clear that example just loves his job and wants to play as big a crowd as possible.

he's get on much better 3rd main on sunday