When is the lineup being announced this year ?

Guest Franky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the Thursday (27th).

I vividly recall it being a Wednesday last year as it was my meal-with-friends night of the week and could barely finish my cheesecake when I saw Mumford on there.

i think you have to conclude that it will be before balances, like last year.

i very much doubt the balance window will be allowed to open with no official line up announcement. although they might have done that last year as it was the year after a fallow year and they might have thought everyone had forgotten about the festival :sarcastic:

i know there is no risk really... but they wont want any possible notion of not selling out and will for administrative and cashflow reasons want as many people to pay their balance as physically possible.

In the years I've been going they have always had some form of announcement before ticket payment. Whether that just be the headliners like in 2010, the headliners plus another 10-25 acts in 2011 and in 2013 we had the majority of the main stages. So should imagine we will get more than just Arcade Fire and Dolly, but whether it will be as much as last year who knows.

I am hoping for at least a partial lineup before balance is due, this year is hanging in the balance for me, I know it's easy to say it's not about the lineup, but I've been to the festival plenty of times now. I have other priorities this year and unless there is at least a few acts I really want to see live who I haven't seem before, then my decision will be easy.

I'm trying to stay awake on a conference call so have done some digging:

Main announcement 27th March

13 bands announced 2nd March

West Holts 13th April

Man announement14th April

Main announcement 14th April