royal blood

PetePie

i was thinking to myself the other day 'i wonder how long it'll be until everybody hates this band'. waves of hype are always soon followed with waves of disapproval. come the next album i imagine it'll be extremely uncool to like Royal Blood

That happened already in the R&L forum. There's users (maybe just one) there trying to make up reasons for going on the tour without admitting they like them.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Extra dates announced for Feb & March...

Royal Blood

The Spa (Bridlington), Bridlington

Performing: Royal Blood
Sat, 28 Feb 2015
at 7:00 PM

On sale on Friday, 17 Oct 2014 at 9:00 AM

Royal Blood

The Nick Rayns LCR, Norwich

Thu, 05 Mar 2015
at 7:30 PM

Royal Blood

Empress Ballroom, Blackpool

Fri, 06 Mar 2015

Royal Blood

The Civic Hall, Wolverhampton

Wed, 11 Mar 2015

Royal Blood

Rock City, Nottingham

Sat, 14 Mar 2015
at 6:30 PM

I don't think saying you don't like then is hating them. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got live, but their album is just dull. The first listen is the best, it doesn't get any better unless you didn't listen to it all the way through the first time and you'd missed Ten Tonne Skeleton. Compare that with the Drenge album, which is good on the first listen and gets better each time. They may get better with time, but it just sounds like an average to poor, heavier White Stripes and I don't think the Wolfmother comparison is harsh, except possibly on the musicianship of Wolfmother, which makes RB sound a bit amateurish.

Yeah hoping so, they've been impressive the times I've seen them.

Regarding the prev conversation, well then I can't wait for them to become uncool and hipsterish so that people can say "I can't believe you like them" to which I will reply "grow up, like what you like, and stop caring what everybody thinks" :cool: end of please.

Well done. Well personally wouldn't mind them being there and I'd probably see them. I love heavily distorted bass and his Jack White/Matt Bellamy-esque vocals. That's what I hear.

Intresting, I've always thought the vocals sound like the err less screamy parts of Does it Offend You Yeah?!

Intresting, I've always thought the vocals sound like the err less screamy parts of Does it Offend You Yeah?!

Can definitely see where you're coming from, didn't really think of them as I don't really listen to them. I think one track in particular, Out of the Black, you can hear what I described.

They remind me of heavy-Muse, but not because of the vocals.

They remind me of those heavy riffs that Muse tend to play for 30 seconds at the end of each song when they're playing live and that's fine for 30 seconds, but an entire album? Booorrrinngg. Give me DFA any day of the week.

Edited by adeadenemy
  • Upvote 1

They remind me of those heavy riffs that Muse tend to play for 30 seconds at the end of each song when they're playing live and that's fine for 30 seconds, but an entire album? Booorrrinngg. Give me DFA any day of the week.

Hahaha that's exactly how they remind me of Muse. It's the outro to Figure it Out (I think) mostly - sounds exactly like a riff Muse would play live.