royal blood

PetePie

saw royal blood in hull on friday night, they played hull fruit. spoke to them after the gig.great guys to talk too, and asked them if they are playing glasto this year, and for those interested ,they are playing glastonbury this year on the john peel stage , did'nt ask what day. shame i never got a ticket this year , cos well worth watching again

• Upvote 1

saw royal blood in hull on friday night, they played hull fruit. spoke to them after the gig.great guys to talk too, and asked them if they are playing glasto this year, and for those interested ,they are playing glastonbury this year on the john peel stage , did'nt ask what day. shame i never got a ticket this year , cos well worth watching again

get on it then brave sir robin

Cool. I was considering that gig, hope it was good.

Yeah I think they were practically nailed on for John Peel or early Other from the start, being in the Sound of 2014 running and all that. They'll probably get a huge crowd on John Peel if it's early on. Cheers for the groundwork! :thumbsu:

Edited by dentalplan

Went to see these guys in Southampton the other day. They're superb! The two songs on Spotify are brilliant and really good live. Can't wait!

they are a good live band , good sound too, considering them 2 guys only play the bass guitar and drums, got talking about glasto with them both they really looking forward to playing glasto. should be a great gig .

• 4 months later...

They were fuckin' insane! Cannot believe it was only Two PM, yet it felt like the night had started with the incredible calibre of live performance by Royal Blood. Other Stage four/five down next year?

Is it me or is the sound they produce feels like it's coming from four performers and not two? Such a full textured sound.

Edited by willutalk

Ridiculously good set.

They will be huge but my only worry is that they have left the album a bit too long after releasing the big singles. You need to ride the crest of the wave with hype. Similar thing happened with The 1975.

These lads are undoubtedly more talented so I imagine it will be fine .. But they are pretty huge off a couple of singles!

gig of the weekend for me too. the applause mid-way through the set that just built and then went on and on was so telling....the guy just stood there and looked visibly stunned. we were inside near the disabled area at the rear and we could see it must have 30 deep outside.

one to say 'we were there' definetely.

Best set of the weekend for me too and you could see how much they appreciated the crowd they'd pulled too, prompting the line "where the fuck have you lot come from?" :-D

Destined for big things NQAT

As I said on another thread I was blown away not just by the gig (which was immense) but by the response from the band to what must surely have been their best and most memorable gig to date. Watching them enjoying watching us enjoying watching them was just brilliant - I think in a few years when they're headliners I'll be proud to say 'I was there'!

(Wish they'd bloody hurry up with the album, though. August?! Seriously?! I want it now...)

Doesn't it come out the day after Reading? Not a bad plan tbh... By the time it's come out, they'll have hit the demographic festivals they want to attract... Then they go at Reading "Oh, our album is out on Monday, go buy it"... Then everyone else is like "Oh shit, I gotta buy that!" and then it climbs the chart... (It'll be on NME or something a week before though)

Oh absolutely brilliant timing in terms of maximising sales, yes. I'm just impatient :)

• 1 month later...