Metallica 2014

JamesT977

By the looks of it their first fesitval of the year is in Finland on the 28th of May, probably get a decent idea of the setlist from that too. Although it's part of Sonisphere Europe so might cater more to a general metal audience.

The tour this year is "Metallica by request", so the ticket holders pick the songs to be played.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the below would suit me just fine:

Seek and Destroy

One

Sad But True

Orion

Four Horsemen

Fade to Black

The Thing That Should Not Be

Ain't My Bitch

Holier Than Thou

Wherever I May Roam

So What

They're an odd one, Metallica. I got into them through Black and Load and I wouldn't even consider listening to any other metal bands (I've tried, didn't like it) but they're one of my favourite bands ever and I've only ever seen them once (at Leeds in 2003) because I don't fancy any any metal festivals and won't pay over the odds to see them in some Godawful arena. A Glasto slot would be totally unexpected and utterly brilliant as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone here see the figure of 8 tour in '96? Dudes on fire falling out of the rigging at the end? 4 light bulbs illuminating the entire venue for the encore? Incredible.

The Cunning Stunts dvd, yeah, absolutely epic, started the set with "So What" !! Ive seen them three times, absolutely amazing every time so Im so excited about the thought of Metallica at Glasto.

god i hope this happens. and if it does, that they play Battery! both times i've seen them they didn't play it and i was pissed. actually, if they play more than half of Master Of Puppets like they've been doing a lot lately, that'd be swell. Battery, Master Of Puppets, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Disposable Heroes. yes!