Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slaves are playing a warm-up gig on the Thursday in Cambridge unfortunately

This gig in Cambridge is being promoted by my 15 year old daughter! She put her first gig on in January (The Bulletproof Bomb from South London), which sold out, and the local paper did an article on her where she said her dream band to promote would be Slaves.

She sent them the article and cheekily asked whether they'd be up for it and to all our amazement they said yes. They are playing for a fraction of their normal fee and have even agreed to play at the local pub venue (200 capacity) rather than the bigger 'proper' venue they could have sold out.

Tickets went on sale last night and sold out within 4 hours and my daughter is in dreamland! They really are top blokes.

Sorry to keep them away from Williams Green though :-)

This gig in Cambridge is being promoted by my 15 year old daughter! She put her first gig on in January (The Bulletproof Bomb from South London), which sold out, and the local paper did an article on her where she said her dream band to promote would be Slaves.

She sent them the article and cheekily asked whether they'd be up for it and to all our amazement they said yes. They are playing for a fraction of their normal fee and have even agreed to play at the local pub venue (200 capacity) rather than the bigger 'proper' venue they could have sold out.

Tickets went on sale last night and sold out within 4 hours and my daughter is in dreamland! They really are top blokes.

you monster...!

Ah that's fantastic :D I've met them a good few times and they have always been lovely guys, so happy to see them doing so well; I still remember seeing them support The Minutes at The Borderline in front of about 15 people

Wait what?! Slaves are playing (i'm guessing) The Portland in Cambridge?! How the hell didn't i know about this? Thats my local!

That's absolutely fantastic, I really like Slaves. I wish your daughter the best of luck, brilliant to hear

Excellent !

(Of course, on current form Glasto may still book them for the Thursday, and get them to just cancel the Cambridge gig ... )

Nice, thought they were a latitude exclusive

Saw one of the early shows fvor the new record and thought it was poor though, hopefully he's get better. Really missed sampha, the shows I saw for the first album were something else!

Nice, thought they were a latitude exclusive

Saw one of the early shows fvor the new record and thought it was poor though, hopefully he's get better. Really missed sampha, the shows I saw for the first album were something else!

saw SBTRKT last summer (with Sampha) and it was a bit shit really. new album just isn't very good live (or on record really).

Edited by ghostdancer1

Legendary hip hop artist Grandmaster Flash

Electronic soul duo Wyles & Simpson

Italian dub fusion DJ Gaudi

German techno DJ Ellen Allien

Folk singer songwriter Maz O'Connor

Record breaking UK country duo The Shires

Jazz inspired hip hop Akua Naru

Funky brass band The Brass Funkeys

Accordion led folk fusion band Calico Jack

Nice work!

Grandmaster Flash in the Friday Pyramid Hip Hop slot anyone?