The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't know what you mean by that? Are you trying to say Capaldi couldn't announce a tour like that? Capaldi has sold out The 02 Arena twice with ease already. He's not playing under RB.

I don't use spotify myself to that extent but look at the number comparison between the two, RB are nowhere near as big.

By that point next year he will be.

No I don’t mean he isn’t big enough, he’s arguably one of the biggest acts in the world, I mean he’s not a headliner, he’s a novelty act in a way. I don’t think he could headline purely for the music he makes, and that’s no slate on his name but it’s not headliner music imo

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Paramore headlining with Don Broco subbing. Never change Andre. 😄

I think I’d shift it so Royal Blood and Dua Lipa close the night and Paramore headline West (which I think is reasonable looking at this year) but I would not expect that shout to be taken on board.

Nah if Paramore get back together it’ll be pretty big I think, if anything we wouldn’t get one of Dua Lipa and RB, and instead get Courteeners  

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They haven't even split, so this kinda says it all about their current reputation.

They’ve not been active at all in three years though; they’ve been on a unofficial hiatus as Hayley has been doing her solo stuff. I’m certain they’ll return in 2022 with new material. 

Re: Capaldi, he is obviously massive but yeah, he isn’t going to headline. Him being billed as a ‘very special guest’ or whatever is perfectly. 

I absolute agree that Dua Lipa could headline MSE but I think if they want to try and push this two Main Stages thing a bit more, they shouldn’t have obviously smaller acts headlining MSW on all three nights. Having a Dua Lipa, or a Royal Blood or indeed a Paramore (I hear you @dentaIpIan) on MSW would balance things out I think.

For what’s it’s worth, I think at least 4/6 headliners on my lineup could headline a single Main Stage (Dave and Foals are the ones who arguably couldn’t). Spread them all across the two Main Stages and things look a little more like ‘We have multiple ‘genuine’ headliner sized acts playing’ rather than ‘We’ve bumped up some subs’.

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Saying all that, I really doubt that many of your usual R&L punters outside of us internet dorks will even think twice about the size of the six headliners and wouldn’t nitpick over whether Dua Lipa or Royal Blood should close X stage for example. 

This is why this thread stands as a pillar to commemorate how we're always wrong.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No I don’t mean he isn’t big enough, he’s arguably one of the biggest acts in the world, I mean he’s not a headliner, he’s a novelty act in a way. I don’t think he could headline purely for the music he makes, and that’s no slate on his name but it’s not headliner music imo

Is he a novelty act now?, NBT are a special guest but they are still a band. He was going to headline TRNSMT this year. Now Madness being booked for Reading main stage back in 2011, that's a novelty act. Reading are booking more and more pop related acts each year. 

To be honest the not headliner music could go for many acts but that's all personal views etc etc.

Won't be long before Capaldi is on Glastonbury's top spot list imo.

• 3 months later...

Padded out an earlier prediction I made this week: 

MSE: Dua Lipa / Lewis Capaldi / Charli XCX / Lil Nas X (very special guest) / Pale Waves / Ivorian Doll / The Snuts

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Doja Cat / CHVRCHES / Princess Nokia / Digga D / 100 gecs / The Blinders 

MSE: Dave / Headie One / DMA’s / Mahalia / Pa Salieu / The Chats / Cleopatrick

MSW: Royal Blood / Blossoms / Little Simz / The Amazons / Girl In Red / Unknown T / The Snuts

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / Don Broco / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Nova Twins / Holding Absence 

MSW: Queens Of The Stone Age / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / Trippie Redd / Denzel Curry /  blackbear / Wargasm 

• 2 months later...

Gonna wake this thread back up

MSE: Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Fontaines D.C. / Little Simz / Twin Atlantic / Bakar / Dylan Fraser

MSW: Doja Cat / D-Block Europe / Loyle Carner / Pale Waves / Denzel Curry / The Magic Gang / Black Honey

MSE: Dave / J Hus / Charli xcx / Circa Waves / Young T & Bugsey / The Amazons / Trash Boat

MSW: Royal Blood / IDLES / Don Broco / Headie One / Stefflon Don / Unknown T / Marsicans

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / The Vaccines / Run The Jewels / Fever 333 / Shame / Cleopatrick / The Subways

MSW: Machine Gun Kelly / Playboi Carti / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Wallows / The Front Bottoms / Vistas / Saint PHNX

43 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

MSE: Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Fontaines D.C. / Little Simz / Twin Atlantic / Bakar / Dylan Fraser

MSW: Doja Cat / D-Block Europe / Loyle Carner / Pale Waves / Denzel Curry / The Magic Gang / Black Honey

MSE: Dave / J Hus / Charli xcx / Circa Waves / Young T & Bugsey / The Amazons / Trash Boat

MSW: Royal Blood / IDLES / Don Broco / Headie One / Stefflon Don / Unknown T / Marsicans

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / The Vaccines / Run The Jewels / Fever 333 / Shame / Cleopatrick / The Subways

MSW: Machine Gun Kelly / Playboi Carti / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Wallows / The Front Bottoms / Vistas / Saint PHNX

Not gonna lie, these runs are straight up filthy

11 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Any day with RATM will be an instant day ticket for me but that Sunday is pretty stacked for me. RATM, Fever 333 and MGK on the same day is a dream. This lineup would be perfect for me as I would only need to go for a day. 

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Vaccines seem rather high? Looks decent to me although that Sunday is really not to my tastes

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Vaccines seem rather high? Looks decent to me although that Sunday is really not to my tastes

Essentially same slot as TDCC and Wombats, think it’s about justified tbf. Them and Courteeners probably the only other two bands that could take a big indie sub headline slot and courteeners are probably bordering on headliner in this set up tbh

Could probably swap Vaccines and RTJ around tbh but i’d stick with that for now   

Edited by TheWaters

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Essentially same slot as TDCC and Wombats, think it’s about justified tbf. Them and Courteeners probably the only other two bands that could take a big indie sub headline slot and courteeners are probably bordering on headliner in this set up tbh

The Vaccines and The Wombats are both releasing decent music when compared with Courteeners and TDCC as well. The Vaccines new record is class. 

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Yeah, really enjoyed the new Vaccines album tbf, best they've done for a while.

Good live too saw them at the Arts Club in Liverpool

talking of gigs got the Magic Gang and Inhaler on consecutive nights now. And then maybe a band called Turnstile next Friday, never heard of them before today should be a fun one

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Good live too saw them at the Arts Club in Liverpool

talking of gigs got the Magic Gang and Inhaler on consecutive nights now. And then maybe a band called Turnstile next Friday, never heard of them before today should be a fun one

Turnstile aren’t over here until January/February? Also, they’re the best band in the world. 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, TheWaters said:

Wombats slot was smaller (other main stage's sub). I would say Vaccines are definitely a step below Wombats when you look at their tours etc. Most of the big indie options for sub just played though, I reckon Courteeners could be a very strong sub booking (god i can't believe i wrote that).

Agree on the Vaccines album, not sure how its been received popularity wise but its got a load of belters. Definitely will be seeing them next summer

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Wombats slot was smaller (other main stage's sub). I would say Vaccines are definitely a step below Wombats when you look at their tours etc. Most of the big indie options for sub just played though, I reckon Courteeners could be a very strong sub booking (god i can't believe i wrote that).

Agree on the Vaccines album, not sure how its been received popularity wise but its got a load of belters. Definitely will be seeing them next summer

True, but i’ve been classing sub slots on either stage or 3rd downs etc. as the same slot and not really having a size difference. Courteeners would indeed be a very strong sub in this set up, if AM are booked dare i say they would be the perfect sub for day tickets though (not that i’d be there).

Havent given the vaccines album a chance yet but wasn’t too keen on singles, thought combat sports was solid so will take something to beat that from their recent discography 

26 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

True, but i’ve been classing sub slots on either stage or 3rd downs etc. as the same slot and not really having a size difference. Courteeners would indeed be a very strong sub in this set up, if AM are booked dare i say they would be the perfect sub for day tickets though (not that i’d be there).

If AM are booked the sub will be someone cheap to be honest, didn't look at your Friday. Maybe swapping Vaccines and Courteeners could be good. I think even if the size difference isn't huge, its still there throughout the day as it slowly works down. The biggest gap will always be the top 2 slots at any festival because some headliners are ridiculously big and then others have just been bumped up to save money

MSE: Dave / Lil Nas X / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Royal Blood / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Lathums / Bloxx

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / The Blinders

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / The Vaccines / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

Edited by Andre91

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MSE: Dave / Lil Nas X / Charli XCX / Måneskin / Boston Manor / Unknown T / Ivorian Doll

MSW: Royal Blood / Polo G / DMA’s / Anne-Marie / Ashnikko / The Chats / Vistas

MSE: Arctic Monkeys / Courteeners / Olivia Rodrigo (special guest) / The Amazons / Pa Salieu / The Lathums / Bloxx

MSW: Doja Cat / Headie One / CHVRCHES / Pale Waves / Girl In Red / 100 gecs / The Blinders

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / The Vaccines / Trippie Redd / Creeper / Denzel Curry / Nova Twins 

MSW: Twenty One Pilots / Machine Gun Kelly / Fontaines D.C. / iann dior / Fever 333 / KennyHoopla / Wargasm 

I think this might be a bit too stacked honestly - Trippie Redd 7th down, iann dior 8th, denzel curry 9th, olivia rodrigo 5th special guest all quite extreme given Dave and AM - the two most requested acts are headlining. RATM, 21P and Doja are all quite expensive too.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I think this might be a bit too stacked honestly - Trippie Redd 7th down, iann dior 8th, denzel curry 9th, olivia rodrigo 5th special guest all quite extreme given Dave and AM - the two most requested acts are headlining. RATM, 21P and Doja are all quite expensive too.

I think Anne Marie 4th down on MSW ludicrous! She's playing an arena tour and selling well. She wouldn't even be that low on MSE.