Jump to content
the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbh I was imagining Kasabian closing both sites and having a longer set than Courteeners anyway (similar to Biffy/FOB in 2016) so i guess it just comes down to whether they'd promote that as a coheadline or not. I could see it happening though, realistically them returning every two years can't go on forever and they've been getting a bump up every time they return to the festival so the next logical step would be to coheadline. I'm sure they'd be able to justify them returning in 2/3 years as a coheadline again if they wanted - they did it with FOB and Biffy. R&L have a tendency to have a 'wtf' headliner every couple of years so I was attempting to predict what that would be... stranger things have happened.

ROC will surely have a major label debut by the time of the next festival. The fact that he's the size he is already without one is pretty mad, so I think R1 headliner will be pretty feasible come next year.

Fair on Rex - I realised after posting that R1 headliner isn’t that barmy a shout and EE are probably gonna be about R1 sub so it does work.

Maintain that Courteeners being given a headline slot benefits no one. In addition to what I posted before, what happens to their slots at other festivals? Because nowhere else of a comparable size is gonna have them headline. They play Glastonbury every two years too and I dunno what would happen to that if they became a headliner. It’s a bit like Biffy in a way as they built a massive following off playing loads of festivals and then has to step it down significantly when they became a headliner - but Biffy could actually headline other shit.

Another thing about Courteeners headlining is how it’d look internationally. It’d be like Mad Cool having a headliner that doesn’t tour outside of Spain.

I’m gonna stop going on about this now but yes, let it be known that I don’t think it will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maintain that Courteeners being given a headline slot benefits no one. In addition to what I posted before, what happens to their slots at other festivals? Because nowhere else of a comparable size is gonna have them headline. They play Glastonbury every two years too and I dunno what would happen to that if they became a headliner. It’s a bit like Biffy in a way as they built a massive following off playing loads of festivals and then has to step it down significantly when they became a headliner - but Biffy could actually headline other shit.

Another thing about Courteeners headlining is how it’d look internationally. It’d be like Mad Cool having a headliner that doesn’t tour outside of Spain.

I’m gonna stop going on about this now but yes, let it be known that I don’t think it will happen.

I could see them headlining TRNSMT. Tbh I don't think it would affect their placings at other festivals too much - I'm sure they'd know they're lucky to get the gig so they're not gonna start demanding a headline slot at Glasto. It'd be basically the same slot they played in 2018 anyway - just a glorified sub. I just think if they're wanting to get Courteeners to play again, they're not gonna go down the path of having them as a regular sub every 2 years - R&L never do stuff like that nowadays.

Regarding how it'd look internationally, fair enough. But they're appealing to a British audience, so as long as they think it can sell it wouldn't matter too much I don't think. I know this isn't a perfect comparison, but it's probably not a million miles away from how The Libertines were perceived internationally when they headlined in 2015.

Edit - also want to reiterate that I've got them coheadlining with Kasabian, who could obviously headline outright anyway - it's not like they'd be propping up a weak headliner. Reason I've put Kasabian as a coheadline is because it'd be a quicker than normal return for them if they do play next year - like i said in earlier posts it'd be like the Biffy/FOB situation in 2016.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

1047976142_Screenshot2019-09-13at16_21_27.thumb.png.fa5df48818fd4610b61039680602a561.png

Don't think Slipknot would have such a pop undercard. Dunno about RTJ subbing either, or Stormzy being a coheadliner. The rest seems fair enough, although I reckon there's too many acts in the same/similar spots to what they played last time.

Love the design.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think Slipknot would have such a pop undercard. Dunno about RTJ subbing either, or Stormzy being a coheadliner. The rest seems fair enough, although I reckon there's too many acts in the same/similar spots to what they played last time.

Love the design.

I toyed with Die Antwoord beneath Slipknot, but thought it might be a bit samey with Download. I wanted Tame Impala involvement and Stormzy made the most sense as a co-headline from the other three. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I toyed with Die Antwoord beneath Slipknot, but thought it might be a bit samey with Download. I wanted Tame Impala involvement and Stormzy made the most sense as a co-headline from the other three. 

I reckon Tame coheadlining with LG would make more sense out of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Or just lower TAME IMPALA to Tame Impala and have them sub Stormzy

Dilemma: what if I want them to headline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andre91 said:

If Slipknot play, they tailor the day to that audience for sure. 

Gonna regret asking this but... who subs?

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Dilemma: what if I want them to headline?

Would only be five minutes less than if they headline. Suck it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gonna regret asking this but... who subs?

Would only be five minutes less than if they headline. Suck it up!

I’m really not sure. If they can get them to play the slot, BMTH would be an excellent sub for them. Failing that, I could see them going for a hip hop sub who has some cred with rock fans, someone like Tyler or at a push RTJ. The rest of the day could be more rock orientated. I would love Architects to get the push but my head says there’s not a chance of that. I do think that they could play third down, though. That seems like the perfect slot for them but the Holy Hell cycle is done already. 

I can’t see Parkway Drive subbing R&L, nor can I see them headlining Download in 2021. They need time to put together their next album and if you look at the timeline of their last few albums, it’s taken them 3 years each time.

Edited by Andre91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really not sure. If they can get them to play the slot, BMTH would be an excellent sub for them. Failing that, I could see them going for a hip hop sub who has some cred with rock fans, someone like Tyler or at a push RTJ. The rest of the day could be more rock orientated. I would love Architects to get the push but my head says there’s not a chance of that. I do think that they could play third down, though. That seems like the perfect slot for them but the Holy Hell cycle is done already. 

I would think RTJ have more cred with rock crowds (that's practically all their cred) but are a little smaller than Tyler. I would go with either of those but completely stumped for rock bands that would suitably sub. Blink and SOAD would be too much on the larger side and remove Download headline options.

15 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Prodigy.

I don't see that at all. They haven't booked them in ten years and, if they were to come back, it'd be a very different proposition to how it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I would think RTJ have more cred with rock crowds (that's practically all their cred) but are a little smaller than Tyler. I would go with either of those but completely stumped for rock bands that would suitably sub. Blink and SOAD would be too much on the larger side and remove Download headline options.

I don't see that at all. They haven't booked them in ten years and, if they were to come back, it'd be a very different proposition to how it was.

Yeah, RTJ have more rock cred for sure. I said at a push for size reasons (like you’ve said). Thinking of a rock sub is really quite difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, Andre91 said:

If Slipknot play, they tailor the day to that audience for sure. 

 

23 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Prodigy.

Right now I think that would be a great sub, there will be a lot of interest in what the band to do make their tribute to Keith. For me who has returned for certain tailored days to my taste this would interest me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pissed off with all the Slipknot rumours

Foals // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Skepta // Milky Chance

R1D Lauv //FR Metronomy

Drake // The Streets // Wolf Alice

Bombay Bicycle Club  // Rex orange county

R1D Chase & States //FR Gang Of Youths 

The Killers // Vampire Weekend //Gerry Cinammon

Skrillex // Brockhampton

R1D Gorgon City // FR Cosmo Pyke

Can't be asked with the other stages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm pissed off with all the Slipknot rumours

Foals // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Skepta // Milky Chance

R1D Lauv //FR Metronomy

Drake // The Streets // Wolf Alice

Bombay Bicycle Club  // Rex orange county

R1D Chase & States //FR Gang Of Youths 

The Killers // Vampire Weekend //Gerry Cinammon

Skrillex // Brockhampton

R1D Gorgon City // FR Cosmo Pyke

Can't be asked with the other stages

Now that would be a good weekend 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm pissed off with all the Slipknot rumours

Foals // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Skepta // Milky Chance

R1D Lauv //FR Metronomy

Drake // The Streets // Wolf Alice

Bombay Bicycle Club  // Rex orange county

R1D Chase & States //FR Gang Of Youths 

The Killers // Vampire Weekend //Gerry Cinammon

Skrillex // Brockhampton

R1D Gorgon City // FR Cosmo Pyke

Can't be asked with the other stages

You forgot Cage the Elephant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SLIPKNOT, BRING ME THE HORIZON, Tyler the Creator, All Time Low, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry
R1: Rex Orange County, Everything Everything, Tom Grennan, Mahalia, Headie One
Da: DJ EZ // LU: The All-American Rejects // FR: Drenge // 1xtra: D-Block Europe

DRAKE, Two Door Cinema Club, Halsey, Lizzo, Krept & Konan, Sam Fender
R1: Marshmello, Yungblud, Neck Deep, Ella Mai, Lil Tecca
Da: Bicep LIVE // Pit: Skindred // FR: Metronomy // 1xtra: Mist

THE KILLERS, Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Aitch, Declan McKenna
R1: J Hus, Young T & Bugsey, Zara Larsson, Fickle Friends, Dominic Fike
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Creeper // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: Example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

SLIPKNOT, BRING ME THE HORIZON, Tyler the Creator, All Time Low, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry
R1: Rex Orange County, Everything Everything, Tom Grennan, Mahalia, Headie One
Da: DJ EZ // LU: The All-American Rejects // FR: Drenge // 1xtra: D-Block Europe

DRAKE, Two Door Cinema Club, Halsey, Lizzo, Krept & Konan, Sam Fender
R1: Marshmello, Yungblud, Neck Deep, Ella Mai, Lil Tecca
Da: Bicep LIVE // Pit: Skindred // FR: Metronomy // 1xtra: Mist

THE KILLERS, Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Aitch, Declan McKenna
R1: J Hus, Young T & Bugsey, Zara Larsson, Fickle Friends, Dominic Fike
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Creeper // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: Example

D Block Europe are doing two nights at Ally Pally so take them off 1Xtra stage. I maintain that Metronomy doing Academy dates takes them off the FR too. Not sure what Fickle Friends have done to put them top half of R1 either. 

I have no idea why they'd decide to make BMTH a coheadliner - even one that doesn't close - 19 months after their album has come out after passing on them the year previous. And one with Slipknot as well? It's like making Courteeners a headliner with The Killers.

It mostly seems reasonable. Wouldn't be terribly interesting to me but I guess that's the norm now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday: 

Main: SLIPKNOT, Tyler the Creator, Run the Jewels, Idles, Brockhampton, Bullet for My Valentine, 

R1: Marshmallo, Kaiser Chiefs, Dababy

Dance: Shy FX

Lock Up: Less than Jake

1Xtra: NF

FR: Ratboy

Saturday:

Main: DRAKE, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, Halsey, SlowThai, Everything Everything

Radio 1: Don Broco, Lizzo, The Sherlocks 

Dance: Tom Zanetti

Pit: Killswitch Engage

1Xtra: Gucci Gang

FR: Fontaines DC

Sunday: 

Main: FOALS, Two Door Cinema Club, Skepta, Sam Fender, All Time Low, Sigrid

R1: The Streets, Aitch, Anne Marie

Dance: MK

Pit: Death Grips

1Xtra: Kano

FR: Sea Girls

 

 

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my more pessimistic outlook (the optimistic one is the same thing but Strokes instead of LG).

SLIPKNOT, Run the Jewels, Slaves, Bullet for My Valentine, Deaf Havana, Slowthai
R1: Rex Orange County, Kano, Megan Thee Stallion, Dermot Kennedy
DS: Sigala / FR: Palace / LU: The Hives / 1X: Tion Wayne

DRAKE, Skepta, Haim, Glass Animals, Everything Everything, Aitch
R1: Idles, Sam Fender, Neck Deep, Marmozets
DS: Hannah Wants / FR: Rat Boy / Pit: Clutch / 1X: Ocean Wisdom

LIAM GALLAGHER, Two Door Cinema Club, Wolf Alice, Sigrid, Loyle Carner, Pale Waves
R1: J Hus, D Block Europe, DMA's, MØ
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Fat White Family / Pit: Skindred / 1X: Denzel Curry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...