the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

45 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Are Creeper back? Seen them predicted loads of times

Someone mentioned a rumour that they might be doing a secret set this year. I reckon they'll be back again by next year regardless.

Feel like I'm probably too rock-heavy on the main stage but oh well. Originally had Disclosure coheadlining with Stormzy instead of Rudimental but idk.

FRIDAY

Main: Liam Gallagher // Two Door Cinema Club // Loyle Carner // Slaves // Vince Staples // The Neighbourhood // Deaf Havana // Waterparks // X Ambassadors
R1: Flume // Lizzo // Azaelia Banks // Rosalia // Phantogram // COIN // Black Honey // Elderbook LIVE // Tom Tripp // King No-One // Mauwe
Dance: DJ EZ // Solardo // Whethan // Culture Shock
Lock Up: Creeper // Mallory Knox // WSTR
FR: EDEN // K.Flay
1Xtra: Lady Leshurr

SATURDAY

Main: Stormzy // Rudimental LIVE // Halsey // Everything Everything // New Found Glory // Circa Waves // Simple Plan // Dream Wife // Estrons
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club // Gang Of Youths // Sam Fender // Declan McKenna // The Sherlocks // Grace Carter // Fickle Friends // Anteros // Sea Girls // Marsicans // Swimming Girls
Dance: Camo & Krooked // High Contrast // Weiss // Majestic
Lock Up: Beartooth // Knuckle Puck // ROAM
FR: Cigarettes After Sex // The Magic Gang
1Xtra: Mist

SATURDAY

Main: My Chemical Romance // Giggs // Nothing But Thieves // Mastodon // slowthai // Neck Deep // The Regrettes // Fever 333 // Yonaka
R1: J Hus // Sub Focus LIVE // Rex Orange County // Aitch // Oliver Tree // Maggie Lindemann // SG Lewis // Will Joseph Cook // High Tyde // Wild Youth // APRE
Dance: Jax Jones + Martin Solveig presents: Europa // Hot Since 82 // Sigma // Flava D
Lock Up: The Amity Affliction // Carpenter Brut // Yours Truly
FR: Vant // Ash
1Xtra: THEY.

Imagine MCR coming back and being subbed by Giggs. 

MCR will play Download when they come back. 

Green Day / Tyler The Creator / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / Parkway Drive / Hollywood Undead / Asking Alexandria / METZ / Cabbage
Rudimental

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / MIST / DMA's / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / Let's Eat Grandma
The Black Keys

Foals / The Libertines / Halsey / Lil Pump / Neck Deep / Pale Waves / The Chats / Beartooth / Royal Republic
Chance The Rapper

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Idles / DMA's /

Bombay Bicycle Club

Foals / Tyler, The Creator / Gerry Cinnamon / Neck Deep 

Knife Party

Green Day / Courteeners / Wolf Alice / Giggs 

Lewis Capaldi

57 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / Idles / DMA's /

Bombay Bicycle Club

Foals / Tyler, The Creator / Gerry Cinnamon / Neck Deep 

Knife Party

Green Day / Courteeners / Wolf Alice / Giggs 

Lewis Capaldi

Looking likely that two door cinema club are going to be there next year.

:ph34r:

KASABIAN, COURTEENERS, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Lizzo, Declan McKenna
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Neck Deep, Fickle Friends
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Creeper // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: Example

STORMZY, Two Door Cinema Club, Haim, Halsey, Aitch, Denzel Curry
R1: Marshmello, Yungblud, Zara Larsson, Trippie Redd
Da: Bicep LIVE // LU: Taking Back Sunday // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Mist

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Idles, Bullet For My Valentine, Brockhampton, While She Sleeps
R1: Rex Orange County, Everything Everything, Tom Grennan, Mahalia
Da: DJ EZ // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Metronomy // 1xtra: Rich Brian

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Da: Bicep LIVE // LU: Taking Back Sunday // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Mist

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Idles, Bullet For My Valentine, Brockhampton, While She Sleeps

Deffo realistic. Not sure if MoStack's going to be booked for many more things after recent events though. Besides that it looks alright. I'd be satisfied enough with that but for the love of god, any co-head option other than Courteeners please haha.

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Not sure if MoStack's going to be booked for many more things after recent events though.

What's he done?

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I'd be satisfied enough with that but for the love of god, any co-head option other than Courteeners please haha.

I see it as being similar to the Biffy/FOB situation in 2016. Kasabian would obvs close both sites but promoting it as a coheadline is the sorta thing R&L would do nowadays imo.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What's he done?

His posse attacked and killed some lad after one of his shows recently. Stabbed with a massive blade. There's videos showing the whole thing and everyone's blaming MoStack for their actions. He's not helped himself either seeming to ask everyone to delete the video to protect his friends and his image. Not gone down well at all.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I see it as being similar to the Biffy/FOB situation in 2016. Kasabian would obvs close both sites but promoting it as a coheadline is the sorta thing R&L would do nowadays imo.

Yeah I can see that to be honest. Would just hope for a more interesting booking in such a prominent slot, can definitely see Courteeners happening though.

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

His posse attacked and killed some lad after one of his shows recently. Stabbed with a massive blade. There's videos showing the whole thing and everyone's blaming MoStack for their actions. He's not helped himself either seeming to ask everyone to delete the video to protect his friends and his image. Not gone down well at all.

Well shit.

56 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What's he done?

I don't get why that would happen. It would effectively ruin a good thing R+L have where they get Courteeners fans through the gates every two years because they can't exactly headline every two years. And for what? To impress the fans that were coming anyway?

I see a lot of this has come about because they announced a new album. Are people expecting this next Courteeners album to actually do something or are they just forgetting that they've been around this level for a while now, and just headlined Tramlines and Kendal (and not in a "wow they're doing this small a festival?" thing like Foals) and subbed the Other Stage at Glasto?

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't really see ROC being higher up the bill than Everything Everything. Metronomy and Cage the Elephant too big to play FR as well.

Edited by dentalplan

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't get why that would happen. It would effectively ruin a good thing R+L have where they get Courteeners fans through the gates every two years because they can't exactly headline every two years. And for what? To impress the fans that were coming anyway?

I see a lot of this has come about because they announced a new album. Are people expecting this next Courteeners album to actually do something or are they just forgetting that they've been around this level for a while now, and just headlined Tramlines and Kendal (and not in a "wow they're doing this small a festival?" thing like Foals) and subbed the Other Stage at Glasto?

I don't really see ROC being higher up the bill than Everything Everything. Metronomy and Cage the Elephant too big to play FR as well.

I think rex is a much bigger deal among the demographic than everything everything 

1 hour ago, Properbigfan said:

I think rex is a much bigger deal among the demographic than everything everything 

Maybe you're right tbh. I dunno an awful lot about his appeal.

Nobody will care about this new Courteeners album. It’ll be full of songs that people will stand through whilst they wait for Not Nineteen Forever. 

Let's have a go at this then

STORMZY//Two Door Cinema Club//Giggs//All Time Low//The Neighbourhood//Sam Fender//Marmozets

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club//Idles//Octavian//blackbear//Fontaine's D.C.//Lil Tecca

Da: Disciples Pit: The All American Rejects FR: White Lies 1Xtra: Kano

FOALS//FLORENCE + THE MACHINE//Vampire Weekend//Brockhampton//Slowthai//The Amazons//Blaenavon

R1: Lorde//Everything Everything//Neck Deep//Big Sean//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//J.I.D.

Da: Peggy Gou Pit: Sleeping With Sirens FR: Klaxons 1Xtra: Rich Brian

GREEN DAY//Tyler, The Creator//The Vaccines//Architects//Loyle Carner//Bullet For My Valentine//Fever 333

R1: Chase & Status (RTRN II JUNGLE Closing Set)//The Streets//Don Broco//21 Savage//Dominic Fike//Sticky Fingers//Rejjie Snow

Da: SHY FX Pit: Andrew W.K. FR: Declan McKenna 1Xtra: Denzel Curry

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

STORMZY//Two Door Cinema Club//Giggs//All Time Low//The Neighbourhood//Sam Fender//Marmozets

FOALS//FLORENCE + THE MACHINE//Vampire Weekend//Brockhampton//Slowthai//The Amazons//Blaenavon

R1: Lorde//Everything Everything//Neck Deep//Big Sean//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//J.I.D.

GREEN DAY//Tyler, The Creator//The Vaccines//Architects//Loyle Carner//Bullet For My Valentine//Fever 333

R1: Chase & Status (RTRN II JUNGLE Closing Set)//The Streets//Don Broco//21 Savage//Dominic Fike//Sticky Fingers//Rejjie Snow

That Saturday is lovely

47 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

As much as she deserves to play R/L, Florence is taking a break for a while..

18 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Really don't get how Florence hasn't headlined R&L yet, seems like such a logical booking.

I think that's the artist's choice. She didn't wanna do it in 2015 and chose only to do Glasto, and I think she's rejected TITP and more recently TRNSMT as well. I don't think she really suits R+L anymore - definitely not the last album.

Everyone else is doing it. 

Slipknot / Architects / Don Broco / Babymetal / Neck Deep / Denzel Curry / Knocked Loose / YONAKA / Holding Absence 

J Hus / Octavian / MØ

The Strokes / Two Door Cinema Club / Giggs / The Neighbourhood / Slowthai / Fontaines D.C. / The Regrettes / The Blinders / The S.L.P. (Special Guest Opener)

Kygo / Little Simz / Kano 

Stormzy / Tyler, The Creator / IDLES / Loyle Carner / Pale Waves / Aitch / As It Is / The Faim / Sea Girls 

Bombay Bicycle Club / DMA’s / Miles Kane 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Tbh I was imagining Kasabian closing both sites and having a longer set than Courteeners anyway (similar to Biffy/FOB in 2016) so i guess it just comes down to whether they'd promote that as a coheadline or not. I could see it happening though, realistically them returning every two years can't go on forever and they've been getting a bump up every time they return to the festival so the next logical step would be to coheadline. I'm sure they'd be able to justify them returning in 2/3 years as a coheadline again if they wanted - they did it with FOB and Biffy. R&L have a tendency to have a 'wtf' headliner every couple of years so I was attempting to predict what that would be... stranger things have happened.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't really see ROC being higher up the bill than Everything Everything.

ROC will surely have a major label debut by the time of the next festival. The fact that he's the size he is already without one is pretty mad, so I think R1 headliner will be pretty feasible come next year.