the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A lot of what you’ve said is genuinely worse than the predictions you’ve commented on. Like, how are Biffy and Catfish struggling to headline but Tame Impala, Cardi B, Migos and the Chainsmokers apparently in contention?

Brockhampton could easily play R1 (headlining might even be too big given how people have seemingly cooled on them) and Octavian is not “literally unknown”, he just won BBC Sound of 2019 and is headlining 1Xtra.

Fair point with the headliners - i'm not too sure about biffy though like given the flack that KOL got and they are far bigger than biffy, maybe as a co but certainly not a straight up headliner they are just on their way down i guess and certainly not stand alone on that kanye/catfish/biffy poster unless got catfish got replaced by someone bigger. I said catfish couldn't on that word lineup as it was just so weak, they were fine on the arctic monkeys/kanye poster. Tame i stand by and cardi b could co at a push or sub, i said migos to sub and maybe not for chainsmokers but still sub level.

Brockhampton haven't cooled down and would still get a big crowd, not as insane as last year maybe but they would definitely be better off on main. Octavian, not sure - at the moment definitely not NME headliner. I'd be lying if anyone I knew was talking about him and the people who would see him don't care about awards like BBC sound of 2019 etc. Who knows though, sounds like you know better than me for Octavian.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Fair point with the headliners - i'm not too sure about biffy though like given the flack that KOL got and they are far bigger than biffy, maybe as a co but certainly not a straight up headliner they are just on their way down i guess and certainly not stand alone on that kanye/catfish/biffy poster unless got catfish got replaced by someone bigger. I said catfish couldn't on that word lineup as it was just so weak, they were fine on the arctic monkeys/kanye poster. Tame i stand by and cardi b could co at a push or sub, i said migos to sub and maybe not for chainsmokers but still sub level.

Brockhampton haven't cooled down and would still get a big crowd, not as insane as last year maybe but they would definitely be better off on main. Octavian, not sure - at the moment definitely not NME headliner. I'd be lying if anyone I knew was talking about him and the people who would see him don't care about awards like BBC sound of 2019 etc. Who knows though, sounds like you know better than me for Octavian.

Yeah Biffy are on the way down but still a major fest headliner going off this year. They’ll probably start taking in Kendal, Y Not, etc. next year but are still a bigger headliner at R+L than Tame Impala, Cardi B, Migos and Chainsmokers for sure - the last two aren’t even subs imo and have dropped off a fair bit.

Think people are getting hella carried away if they think Tame Impala are headlining. Their biggest headline shows have been a half-sold MEN Arena, less than 25k at Citadel, EOTR which is p small and then there’s this O2 date  -remains to be seen how that sells. Plus they’ve not been back to R+L since 2013 and these new songs aren’t pushing them anywhere. Royal Blood are bigger in the UK.

And aye, I don’t think all the people who Octavian was introduced to by winning that award hate his music so you’re probs wrong on that one. :P I don’t think he’ll headline R1 at this point but I had no idea Dave would blow up so much this time last year so you never know.