The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Thought I’d throw in an early prediction:

Friday:

Main: Bring Me The Horizon/Foals, Wolf Alice, Migos, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

R1: Chase and Status

Dance: Michael Bibi

Pit: Death Grips

1Xtra: Sheck Wes

FR: The Xcerts

Saturday:

Main: Travis Scott/Catfish and the Bottlemen, Don Broco, Lewis Capaldi

R1: The Streets, SOPHIE

Dance: Jax Jones

Pit: Black Peaks

FR: The Lumineers

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle 

Sunday:

Main: Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club, Brockhampton, Gerry Cinnamon, Cage the Elephant

R1: Vampire Weekend, Architects

Lock Up: New Found Glory

Dance: Four Tet

1Xtra: Lil Yachty 

FR: American Football

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Thought I’d throw in an early prediction:

Friday:

Main: Bring Me The Horizon/Foals, Wolf Alice, Migos, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

R1: Chase and Status

Dance: Michael Bibi

1Xtra: Sheck Wes

FR: The Xcerts

Saturday:

Main: Travis Scott/Catfish and the Bottlemen, Don Broco, Lewis Capaldi

R1: The Streets, SOPHIE

Dance: Jax Jones

Pit: Black Peaks

FR: The Lumineers

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle 

Sunday:

Main: Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club, Brockhampton, Gerry Cinnamon, Cage the Elephant

R1: Vampire Weekend, Architects

Dance: Four Tet

1Xtra: Lil Yachty 

FR: American Football

Seems pretty realistic 

• 3 weeks later...

THE KILLERS, Two Door Cinema Club, Giggs, Jorja Smith, Cage the Elephant, Idles
R1: Marshmello, Mabel, Mahalia, Skindred
Da: Kaytranada // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Ski Mask the Slump God

DRAKE, Billie Eilish, All Time Low, Don Broco, 21 Savage, Slowthai
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, Declan McKenna, Playboi Carti
Da: Netsky // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Rat Boy // 1xtra: Yungen

GREEN DAY, Wolf Alice, Run the Jewels, Slaves, Limp Bizkit, While She Sleeps
R1: Tyler, the Creator, Rex Orange County, Bicep LIVE, Neck Deep
Da: Disciples // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Fickle Friends // 1xtra: Example

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls, Declan McKenna, Playboi Carti

The green day rex/Tyler clash is beyond devastating 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think that is pretty realistic. I think those headliners are very plausible. 

If I was to guess the headliners at present I would go for that same trio or Foals, Drake and The Killers. 

FRIDAY

Main: Catfish & The Bottlemen (Reading) // Courteeners (Leeds) // Tyler The Creator // Slaves // Lil Pump // Beartooth // Tonight Alive // iDKHOW // Pins
R1: J Hus // Sub Focus // Mabek // Declan McKenna // Tom Misch
Dance: Europa (Martin Sloveig + Jax Jones)
Pit: The Amity Affliction
FR: Dodie
1Xtra: Kaytranada

SATURDAY

Main: Liam Gallagher // Two Door Cinema Club // Bombay Bicycle Club // Everything Everything // Jimmy Eat World // Deaf Havan // Dermot Kennedy // Smoke Boyz // Jade Bird
R1: Marshmello // A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie // Rex Orange County // LANY // Fickle Friends
Dance: Bicep
FR: Cigarettes After Sex
1Xtra: Slowthai

SUNDAY

Main: Travis Scott (closing both sites) // Bring Me The Horizon (coheadline) // Giggs // Nothing But Thieves // Neck Deep // Rat Boy // Octavian // Fever 333 // Estrons
R1: Don Broco // Gerry Cinnamon // Lewis Capaldi // Lizzo // EDEN
Dance: Shy FX
FR: Sam Fender
1Xtra: Lady Leshurr (early end)

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

Main: Catfish & The Bottlemen (Reading) // Courteeners (Leeds) // Tyler The Creator // Slaves // Lil Pump // Beartooth // Tonight Alive // iDKHOW // Pins

SATURDAY

Main: Liam Gallagher // Two Door Cinema Club // Bombay Bicycle Club // Everything Everything // Jimmy Eat World // Deaf Havan // Dermot Kennedy // Smoke Boyz // Jade Bird
R1: Marshmello // A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie // Rex Orange County // LANY // Fickle Friends

SUNDAY

Main: Travis Scott (closing both sites) // Bring Me The Horizon (coheadline) // Giggs // Nothing But Thieves // Neck Deep // Rat Boy // Octavian // Fever 333 // Estrons

Just a small thing, Estrons broke up earlier this year so they won't be there.

I'm not sure if I can see them having two more co-headlines, especially with Liam Gallagher being the 'big' headliner.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

You think they'll have Catfish, Courteeners and Liam Gallagher all headlining in the same year?

I reckon Liam will be back to headline on the new album, and I the only other fests I could think of for Catfish were Rize (which iirc has been cancelled) and IOW (which may be downsizing) so reckon they'll probably do it too. Couldnt think of a decent sub for them though, and with Couteeners playing every 2 years I guess they are due back.

13 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I'm not sure if I can see them having two more co-headlines, especially with Liam Gallagher being the 'big' headliner.

I mean hes probably not too dissimilar in size compared to Chillis in 2016

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I reckon Liam will be back to headline on the new album, and I the only other fests I could think of for Catfish were Rize (which iirc has been cancelled) and IOW (which may be downsizing) so reckon they'll probably do it too. Couldnt think of a decent sub for them though, and with Couteeners playing every 2 years I guess they are due back.

Yeah they're all likely to be about, but i don't think they'd have three headliners of such similar genre/fanbase in one year. They'd try to diversify things a bit. Liam could easily headline somewhere like Latitude instead of R&L (think that's inevitable to happen in the next couple of years actually), but if he did play R&L I reckon he could be a coheadliner. Same with Catfish, they could do Latitude, or maybe IOW like you say (again that seems fairly likely).

Don't think they'll have 5 new headliners anyway. They always have a returning headliner.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean hes probably not too dissimilar in size compared to Chillis in 2016

No he's not.

I do love giving these a go 

MS: The Killers, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Everything Everything, Nothing But Thevies, Pale Waves, Sam Fender, Jade Bird. R1: The Streets, Rex Orange County DS: Pete Tong Pit: Skindred, Beartooth FR: Rat Boy R1X: Cypress Hill

MS: BMTH (Leeds) Chase & Status (Reading) Run The Jewels, Architects, Idles, While She Sleeps, Fever 333, Yonaka, Puppy R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Lewis Capaldi DS: Shy FX Pit: Refused, Daughters FR: Gerry Cinnamon R1X: Death Grips

MS: Greenday, Skepta, Parkway Drive, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Deaf Havana, Frank Iero & The Future Violents, Starcrawler R1: Annie Mac, Snopp Dogg DS: Ben UFO, Lock Up: Simple Creatures, The Story So Far FR: Mac Demarco R1X: Bexey 

10 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

MS: The Killers, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, Everything Everything, Nothing But Thevies, Pale Waves, Sam Fender, Jade Bird. R1: The Streets, Rex Orange County DS: Pete Tong Pit: Skindred, Beartooth FR: Rat Boy R1X: Cypress Hill

MS: BMTH (Leeds) Chase & Status (Reading) Run The Jewels, Architects, Idles, While She Sleeps, Fever 333, Yonaka, Puppy R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Lewis Capaldi DS: Shy FX Pit: Refused, Daughters FR: Gerry Cinnamon R1X: Death Grips

MS: Greenday, Skepta, Parkway Drive, Don Broco, Neck Deep, Deaf Havana, Frank Iero & The Future Violents, Starcrawler R1: Annie Mac, Snopp Dogg DS: Ben UFO, Lock Up: Simple Creatures, The Story So Far FR: Mac Demarco R1X: Bexey 

Don't think chase and status will co headling next year could be somewhere along the lines of the courteeners 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, TKOCF said:

Don’t they all kind of hate each other now, or am I thinking of something else?

That's ego for you.

21 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

That has no chance of happening to be honest. The Killers doing Glasto has slightly changed thoughts on Stormzy doing Reading though, I don't discount it but if one did play from this year I would go for them over Stormzy and I don't see both doing it, the latter with only 2 and a half months until Glasto to go looks like a silly and embrassing booking...this might change.

I reckon Liam on another successful solo album could do it on his own. I know everyone this year is fully based on their own material but if Liam delivers again with an album people are bothered about and add in the Oasis stuff he'll be selling out arenas again and bigger at high prices so there isn't much of a choice.

5 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

No way will cypress hil okay 1xtra.

snoop with a closing set from Annie mac is an interesting one 

22 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

There were 2 co-headlines in 2016

A few tweeks on Mattymooz lineup 

FRIDAY

Main: Tame Impala  // Tyler The Creator // Cage The Elephant  // Pale Waves  // Beartooth // DMA's // iDKHOW // Pins
R1: Two Door Cinema Club // James Blake // Mabek // Declan McKenna // Tom Misch
Dance: Holy Goof B2B Chris Lorenzo 
1Xtra: MadeinTYO

SATURDAY

Main: Kanye West // The Streets // Brockhampton // Everything Everything // Jimmy Eat World // Deaf Havana // Dermot Kennedy // Smoke Boyz // Jade Bird
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club // Earl Sweatshirt  // Milky Chance // LANY // Fickle Friends
1Xtra: Ski Mask The Slump God 

SUNDAY

Main: Arcade Fire // Vampire Weekend // Nothing But Thieves // Gang Of Youths  // Rat Boy // Octavian // Fever 333 // Estrons
R1: Giggs // Gerry Cinnamon // Lewis Capaldi // Lizzo // EDEN
Dance: Oliver Heldens 
1Xtra: Lil Mosey 

Kanye will be a good guy to get due to his new album coming out and they seem to be getting a huge Hip hop act every year and he's the next one I can think of. Tame Impala will have to come back they were here in 2013 and never headlined. And Arcade Fire absolute Indie legends releasing a new album soon and haven't been there since 2010 would be a great booking plus there a safe bet and won't be as expensive as the likes of Kanye. 

Edited by bigcharlie65

6 minutes ago, stanh said:

253574500_Screenshot2019-04-14at16_16_42.png.a174e2aa4362f6dc1cfa31bf9d67d50a.png

Can't see Foals dropping to R1 headline. They'd co-head again or nothing at all imo. Maybe when part 2 of the album comes out they could outright. Wolf Alice won't headline the R1 2 years after doing it last. They'd be 3rd main or maybe sub with a new album. Similar with Circa Waves, don't see them getting the same slot twice in a row. Other than that it's pretty realistic.