Jump to content
the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

I’m pretty sure the tour the streets done earlier this year all sold out and that included like 7 consecutive runs at brixton, so I’m not surprised all these new dates for next year haven’t completley sold but going by seetickets they aren’t far off. They are still massive and can’t really see them excepting any lower than a sub

maybe I've missed the other tour?...I'm not huge on them tbh as said and would look elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Main Stage: Swedish House Mafia, The Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Architects, Slaves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Idles, Black Peaks, Dream State. Special Guest: Gerard Way.                                                                                                   

R1: Jamie T, The Cribs, Superorganism, Jade Bird, Cabbage, Fickle Friends.                                                                       

DS: Pete Tong, Tom Zanetti.                                                                                                                                                        

LU: Alkaline Trio, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, The Interrupters, Citizen, Heavy Lungs, Crows.                                     

FR: Ian Brown, Sam Fender, The Murder Capital.                                                                 

R1X: Death Grips, H09909                                                             

Saturday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Run The Jewels, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Brockhampton, DMA'S, Gang Of Youths, Loyale Carner, Estrons. 

R1: Silk City, Lower Than Atlantis, While She Sleeps, Milk Teeth, Muncie Girls, Tom Greennan.                                         

DS: MGMT, The Algorithm                                                                                                                                                              

PIT: Alexisonfire, Marmozets, Gallows, Basement, Culture Abuse, Gouge Away, Blood Command.                               

FR: Shame, The Lemon Twigs, HMTLD, Fontaines DC.                                                                                                             

R1X: Cypress Hill, Denzel Curry                                                                                                                                                        

Sunday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Parkway Drive ,Frank Turner Nothing But Thieves, The Hives, Pale Waves, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Fever 333, Puppy                                                                                                                 

R1: Chrvches, Young Fathers,Rat Boy, St.Vincent, Sundara Karma, Hardy Carpio, Pretty Vicious                                   

DS: MK, The Ramona Flowers                                                                                                                                                   

PIT: Refused, Every Time I Die, Turnstile, Code Orange, Fever 333 (Double Shift), Vein, Leeched.                                     

FR: Gerry Cinnamon, Baxter Dury, Boy Azzoga.                                                                                                                           

R1X: Dave, Lil Gnar, Gradnson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Secret Set: The Streets on R1X.

 

sorry but just checking - this is a troll right...

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Chvrches / BROCKHAMPTON / MIST / While She Sleeps / The Bronx / METZ / Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Blossoms / The Gaslight Anthem / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / The Neighbourhood
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975 / Catfish And The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Portugal. The Man / Sundara Karma / Halsey / The Sherlocks / Pale Waves / Goat Girl
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Drenge / The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Foo Fighters / The Streets / Bloc Party / IDLES / Good Charlotte / Hollywood Undead / Turbowolf / Beartooth / Royal Republic
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper / Hannah Wants / Greta Van Fleet /  / Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VCK said:

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Chvrches / BROCKHAMPTON / MIST / While She Sleeps / The Bronx / METZ / Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Blossoms / The Gaslight Anthem / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / The Neighbourhood
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975 / Catfish And The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Portugal. The Man / Sundara Karma / Halsey / The Sherlocks / Pale Waves / Goat Girl
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Drenge / The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Foo Fighters / The Streets / Bloc Party / IDLES / Good Charlotte / Hollywood Undead / Turbowolf / Beartooth / Royal Republic
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper / Hannah Wants / Greta Van Fleet /  / Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

I like this, all genres are well covered. Halsey (big sucess this year) and neighbourhood based on their APE placing might be a bit low - idles are probably too high as well maybe Bloc Party too they have lost relevance.

EDIT: although i guess bloc party did ally pally

Edited by gfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about richard ashcroft having a slot similar to what LG had in 2017? Everyone seems big on the 90s britpop nostalgia recently so i think some classic verve tunes would go down well and R&L 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

What about richard ashcroft having a slot similar to what LG had in 2017? Everyone seems big on the 90s britpop nostalgia recently so i think some classic verve tunes would go down well and R&L 

Nah, Oasis and LG are massive amongst teenagers who go to R&L. I doubt many people there could name more than one song by The Verve, never mind Ashcroft's solo material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there info on The Streets playing R&L? I know there was some for them @ Glastonbury but I really don't see them as a fit here tbh.

Edited by JSmurphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Is there info on The Streets playing R&L? I know there was some for them @ Glastonbury but I really don't see them as a fit here tbh.

Nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gfa said:

I like this, all genres are well covered. Halsey (big sucess this year) and neighbourhood based on their APE placing might be a bit low - idles are probably too high as well maybe Bloc Party too they have lost relevance.

 EDIT: although i guess bloc party did ally pally

Cheers. Yeah I was thinking of maybe switching Halsey and Sundara around. NME is hard one to predict outside of headliners and subs so just threw them in. IDLES latest album reached number 5 in the charts so a top four slot wouldn't be unrealistic off the back of that. Thought I'd give Bloc Party a Kooks style slot, plus they have a bit of history with the festival (and then some - subbed two years in a row in the late 00s!) so it'd be nice to have them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dum surfer said:

What about richard ashcroft having a slot similar to what LG had in 2017? Everyone seems big on the 90s britpop nostalgia recently so i think some classic verve tunes would go down well and R&L 

Wouldn't happen, at least not in a subheadline slot.

Would be nice to have Morrissey return and sub though. Or even the Manics. By all rights they're a subheadline sized band as their last two albums reached number 2 in the charts, and they always do arena tours, but in recent years they've been given lowly slots at festivals (didn't even sub the Other Stage at Glasto in 2014) and especially among the modern R&L audience a high Main Stage slot would be lost on them.

Edited by VCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, VCK said:

Wouldn't happen, at least not in a subheadline slot.

Would be nice to have Morrissey return and sub though. Or even the Manics. By all rights they're a subheadline sized band as their last two albums reached number 2 in the charts, and they always do arena tours, but in recent years they've been given lowly slots at festivals (didn't even sub the Other Stage at Glasto in 2014) and especially among the modern R&L audience a high Main Stage slot would be lost on them.

Tbh i was only thinking about Ashcroft as i saw he is headlining the Neighbourhood weekender next year, haven’t listened to any of his solo stuff only really a fan of urban hymns 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, OFWGKTA said:

Vampire Weekend, Catfish & The Bottlemen, A$AP Rocky subs

That Would Make the The happiest but if Tame Impala replace Catfish that would be sick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Foos Don't turn up which I want them too so bad but if they don't like they have done every year since 2012 or something I think it'll be 

The 1975 // Twenty One Pilots// Chance the Rapper 

A$AP Rocky

Kanye west // Tame Impala // Hozier 

The Hunna 

Mumford and Sons (Instead of FOOS) // Vampire Weekend // The Streets 

Tyler the Creator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are these Mumford & Sons shouts coming from? Honestly couldn't think of a worse booking from a personal point of view as well as the fact I don't think they'd do much in terms of drawing a crowd/selling tickets. I thought they'd be past getting headliner slots at R+L nowadays unless I've missed them suddenly become popular again.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swapping Foos out for Mumfords would be awful but we mostly expected Foos this year and got Kings of Leon so who knows.

Also, excuse my ignorance but who are Tame Impala and why are they getting sub shouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala and why are they getting sub shouts

man really?? Tame Impala they were at the festival in 2013 on the NME stage are pretty big they headlined citadel last year and are rumouring a new album next year plus they have a new song coming out with A$AP rocky and are pretty insane live they have 3 incredible albums and have won so many awards so yeah there pretty big I would give them a listen but tbh everyone has a different taste in music so it might not be your style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, really, I genuinely don't know who they are :lol: I imagine it's one of those where if you played me a song I'd know it but I wouldn't know it was them.

Pick a few songs and I'll give them a go, I never mind listening to new music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Yeah, really, I genuinely don't know who they are :lol: I imagine it's one of those where if you played me a song I'd know it but I wouldn't know it was them. 

Pick a few songs and I'll give them a go, I never mind listening to new music.

The Less I Know the Better 

Elephant 

Feels like we only go backwards

Eventually

Let it happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday:

Main: Twenty One Pilots / Catfish and the Bottlemen / All Time Low / Brockhampton / Idles / Pale Waves / State Champs / The Fever 333 / Astroid Boys

NME: Silk City / Dave / Stefflon Don / Tom Grennan / Billie Ellish

Dance: Sub Focus   Pit: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes   FR: Sundara Karma   1xtra: Russ

Saturday:

Main: The 1975 / Chance the Rapper / Rag'n'bone Man / Cage the Elephant / Pvris / Marmozets / The Magic Gang / Black Honey / Yonaka

NME: Andy C (Closing set) / Blossoms / Anne Marie / The Neighbourhood / Shame / Not3s

Dance: MK   Pit: Alexisonfire   FR: Editors   1xtra: Juice Wrld

Friday:

Main: Foo Fighters / The Streets / Chvrches / Good Charlotte / While She Sleeps / Greta Van Fleet / The Sherlocks / Basement / Seaway

NME: Asap Rocky / Jorja Smith / Lower Than Atlantis / Neck Deep / Yxng Bane

Dance: My Nu Leng X Holy Goof   Lock up: Taking Back Sunday   FR: Peace   1xtra: Yungen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...