The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

22 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Friday:

Main: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Rae Sremmurd, Peace, Bugzy Malone, Sundara Karma, Marmozets, JAWS, Estrons

R1: Enter Shikari, Circa Waves, Tonight Alive, Rejjie Snow, Hobo Johnson

Dance: Armand Van Helden, Rezz

Lock Up: Good Charlotte, Basement

FR: Wild Beasts, High Tyde

1Xtra: Smokepurpp, Newham Generals

Saturday:

Main: Kanye West, CHVRCHES, Jamie T, Everything Everything, SZA, Loyle Carner, Joywave, Dream Wife, The LaFontaines

R1: Blossoms, Neck Deep, Kali Uchis, Joey Bada$$, FIDLAR

Dance: Jax Jones, GTA

Pit: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Bury Tomorrow

FR: The Amazons, IDLES

1Xtra: MoStack, Mick Jenkins

Sunday:

Main: Florence + The Machine/ The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Glass Animals, The Hunna, Maximo Park, Turnover, Turbowolf, The Blinders

R1: The Streets, Django Django, Rat Boy, The Sherlocks, Avelino

Dance: Disciples, Chris Lorenzo

Pit: Killswitch Engage, The Word Alive#

FR: Milburn, Big Thief

1Xtra: Denzel Curry, Jay Prince

A high % of people there wouldn't care about any of Friday's headliners. The Cure are absolutely not playing R&L again.

Pretty sure Wild Beasts broke up.

FATM and The 1975 on the same night is too strong.

Peace are way too high, they'd be lucky to get 4th down the second stage if you look at the slots they're doing this summer.

The Hunna won't be that low. Maximo Park seem unlikely to get a main stage slot.

There are a lot of acts I'm not very or at all familiar with so I can't comment on, but can't see it looking much like this tbh.

28 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah there's no way it's gonna be close to that. Friday top 2 and Saturday main stage on the whole are both way too good to be true, anyway.

What's so special about Saturday main stage? Seems realistic, if they were to have Kanye and were to have decided to promote Chvrches.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What's so special about Saturday main stage? Seems realistic, if they were to have Kanye and were to have decided to promote Chvrches.

No one special in particular, just feels like the average quality across the day is stronger than they ever seem to have recently. Chuck in some Lower Than Atlantis, All Time Low and Rat Boy instead of some acts.

Edit: Although Joywave and The LaFontaines could be shite for all I know.

I'm just expecting if they have a headliner I really wanna see like Kanye they'll have a shit undercard putting me off like the Kendrick day this year.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No one special in particular, just feels like the average quality across the day is stronger than they ever seem to have recently. Chuck in some Lower Than Atlantis, All Time Low and Rat Boy instead of some acts.

Edit: Although Joywave and The LaFontaines could be shite for all I know.

I'm just expecting if they have a headliner I really wanna see like Kanye they'll have a shit undercard putting me off like the Kendrick day this year.

Each to their own I guess. When people suggest that a lineup is unrealistically good it's usually about artists that people have wanted to play R+L for years rather than Everything Everything and Loyle Carner.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Each to their own I guess. When people suggest that a lineup is unrealistically good it's usually about artists that people have wanted to play R+L for years rather than Everything Everything and Loyle Carner.

Meh I guess I just don't think R&L have the consistency to book an all-decent main stage lineup for my tastes. "Way too good to be true" was probably an overstatement, I just don't have faith that R&L would book a headliner I'd happily pay the ticket price for and also have a whole main stage undercard that would satisfy me anymore.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Leggooo

RL-2018_3rd-Ann_day.stage_.split_.web-poster_Line-Up_approved-29.3_18.thumb.png.34040a38f4e472cea09e9eda03acfe32.png

I reckon you've got Neck Deep, Loyal Carner & Declan McKenna all a spot too low. Not sure I see The Libertines headlining R1 either. It's probably about where they'd be if they were there, but I can't see the festival booking them in that slot only 4 years after headlining.

Also think BMTH are pretty likely to headline next year, more so that Florence anyway. Can't see Enter Shikari headlining R1 either. Apart from that looks feasible imo.

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I reckon you've got Neck Deep, Loyal Carner & Declan McKenna all a spot too low. Not sure I see The Libertines headlining R1 either. It's probably about where they'd be if they were there, but I can't see the festival booking them in that slot only 4 years after headlining.

Also think BMTH are pretty likely to headline next year, more so that Florence anyway. Can't see Enter Shikari headlining R1 either. Apart from that looks feasible imo.

Neck Deep are playing the third stage at Download this year, and only brought their last album out a few months ago. 4th would be too high for sure. Loyle Carner and Declan McKenna might get a bigger spot but I don't think there's much in it.

Libertines isn't a solid shout, I agree, but I can't see where else they can play next year apart from major festivals. They'll have already done every medium/small fest in the country and are apparently working on new material so it's likely they'll be somewhere next summer.

BMTH to me seem like they can easily do Download and that's a festival what's gonna need headliners more desperately than R+L. Florence and the Machine is the headliner I believe's gonna happen most tbh - it just makes too much sense.

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Looks feasible, could see something like it.

Any reason for predicting Cardi B so much? Can't really see her being booked tbh.

I think she's exactly the sort of act R&L would give a big slot to nowadays. If she's available and doesn't cost too much I can't see why they wouldn't consider booking her.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think she's exactly the sort of act R&L would give a big slot to nowadays. If she's available and doesn't cost too much I can't see why they wouldn't consider booking her.

TBH I think as she's pulled out of Wireless I could see her doing that next year instead, especially as she hasn't really played the UK yet AFAIK I reckon they'd want her to do like a special guest slot there like Giggs did this year

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah possibly, am just not completely sold. Like Matty said, could probably see her coming back for Wireless instead next year.

She could probably easily do R&L but I don't like her much so I'm probably a bit biased against haha.

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I think as she's pulled out of Wireless I could see her doing that next year instead, especially as she hasn't really played the UK yet AFAIK I reckon they'd want her to do like a special guest slot there like Giggs did this year

You could be right, or she could even do both. Gonna keep including her in my predictions for the time being anyway.

Looks good.

I swerved predicting Blossoms on mine because I reckon this album is gonna be a clanger and no one will be arsed about them by summer 2019, so they'll be shepherded off to subbing Victorious or something. So hopefully if there's an indie band headlining the NME it'll be someone a bit better.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks good.

I swerved predicting Blossoms on mine because I reckon this album is gonna be a clanger and no one will be arsed about them by summer 2019, so they'll be shepherded off to subbing Victorious or something. So hopefully if there's an indie band headlining the NME it'll be someone a bit better.

Yeah it does seem like their new album is gonna flop a bit, so they might not be booked. I did have Chvrches in their place as NME headliners originally so I'll probably put them back.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Looks good.

Damn I didn't know there was even a new album coming out let alone it was already out.... Apparently that video of them fighting + maybe breaking up was bigger news than their new album :P

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Damn I didn't know there was even a new album coming out let alone it was already out.... Apparently that video of them fighting + maybe breaking up was bigger news than their new album :P

I think even their fans secretly wanted it to actually happen.