The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Main: Florence and the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Bloc Party, Alabama Shakes, Cardi B, Fickle Friends, The Big Moon, Lucy Rose, Yonaka
R1: Missy Elliott, Clean Bandit, Nadia Rose
Dance: Faithless
Pit: The Distillers, Against Me!
FR: Courtney Barnett, Alice Glass

Main: Guns N Roses, The Smashing Pumpkins, Wolf Alice, Halestorm, Marmozets, The Pretty Reckless, Code Orange, Milk Teeth
R1: SZA, Grimes, Charli xcx, Daughter, Superorganism, Hinds
Dance: Maya Jane Coles
Lock Up: Tonight Alive
FR: Pale Waves

Main: Beyoncé, Chvrches, Christine and the Queens, Jorja Smith, The Internet, Oh Wonder, Gogol Bordello, Black Honey, Muncie Girls
R1: Pixies, Metronomy, PVRIS, Against the Current, Yaeji
Dance: Nero
Pit: Babymetal
FR: First Aid Kit, Jehnny Beth

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Main: Florence and the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Bloc Party, Alabama Shakes, Cardi B, Fickle Friends, The Big Moon, Lucy Rose, Yonaka

Main: Guns N Roses, The Smashing Pumpkins, Wolf Alice, Halestorm, Marmozets, The Pretty Reckless, Code Orange, Milk Teeth

Main: Beyoncé, Chvrches, Christine and the Queens, Jorja Smith, The Internet, Oh Wonder, Gogol Bordello, Black Honey, Muncie Girls

I think you might have posted the line-up in the wrong thread. 

On 3/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It took me a while to work out what you did there xD

Changed my actual prediction for 2019 around a bit. It's probably far too strong but may as well be optimistic this far in advance.

Friday

Main: The 1975 / Chance the Rapper, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Cardi B, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Giggs, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Marmozets, Nadia Rose, Drenge, Fat White Family
Lock Up: Bowling For Soup, Against Me!
FR: The Hives
1xtra: XXXTentacion

Saturday

Main: Blur, Two Door Cinema Club, Jamie T, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Feeder, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Mura Masa, Partynextdoor, Charli xcx, Danny Brown
Pit: Parkway Drive
FR: Cigarettes After Sex
1xtra: Mac Miller

Sunday

Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha, While She Sleeps, Papa Roach, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Pale Waves, Bicep (live), Car Seat Headrest, Amber Run, Lucy Rose
Dance: Kaytranada
Pit: Death Grips
FR: The Sherlocks
1xtra: Wiley

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Changed my actual prediction for 2019 around a bit. It's probably far too strong but may as well be optimistic this far in advance.

Friday

Main: The 1975 / Chance the Rapper, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Cardi B, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Giggs, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Marmozets, Nadia Rose, Drenge, Fat White Family

Saturday

Main: Blur, Two Door Cinema Club, Jamie T, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Feeder, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka

Sunday

Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha, While She Sleeps, Papa Roach, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Pale Waves, Bicep (live), Car Seat Headrest, Amber Run, Lucy Rose

Looks reasonable but do you not think they'll need a stronger outright headliner if they're doing the two co-headliners like they did in 2016? Don't get me wrong Blur are huge and would be a welcomed comeback but I'm not sure if they'd be a clever act to put in that spot. 

Is there a reason why foos aren't being predicted for next year? I mean they should be doing shows in some capacity next summer surely?

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Looks reasonable but do you not think they'll need a stronger outright headliner if they're doing the two co-headliners like they did in 2016? Don't get me wrong Blur are huge and would be a welcomed comeback but I'm not sure if they'd be a clever act to put in that spot. 

Is there a reason why foos aren't being predicted for next year? I mean they should be doing shows in some capacity next summer surely?

Considering The 1975 and, to some people, Bring Me the Horizon would be big enough draws as headliners anyway, it wouldn’t matter. 

And it’s a little unreasonable to think Foos will be back again for a third summer in Europe. They’ve a big fat hole where they could do R+L this year but aren’t so what is extending their tour likely to achieve?

4 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

If anything I'd say those 5 headliners are probably too strong. Blur would be a pretty strong booking imo, especially after a 4 year break.

Foos would probably be more likely if they're still touring yeah, but that'd make it their 3rd Summer doing festivals in a row which they rarely do.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

And it’s a little unreasonable to think Foos will be back again for a third summer in Europe. They’ve a big fat hole where they could do R+L this year but aren’t so what is extending their tour likely to achieve?

True, I always forget that they were at Glasto last year so I always think this is their first summer back doing festivals.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If anything I'd say those 5 headliners are probably too strong. Blur would be a pretty strong booking imo, especially after a 4 year break.

I'd say the BMTH/TOP day is pretty weak but the rest is very strong imo. Not a fan of either of those headliners whatsoever so that's probably clouding my judgement but CHVRCHES would be a nice booking for that slot.

If you compare RHCP to Blur I'm not sure they carry as much weight with the younger indie followers as the chilli's do, making the booking seem weaker than it actually is. I'd say it'd make more sense for them to be at glasto but we'll see. I would like them there don't get me wrong though as the last time 'Song 2' was played at R+L it was Imagine Dragons :wacko:

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I'd say the BMTH/TOP day is pretty weak but the rest is very strong imo.

A BMTH/21P coheadline would be a lot stronger than FOB headlining outright this year imo.

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

If you compare RHCP to Blur I'm not sure they carry as much weight with the younger indie followers as the chilli's do, making the booking seem weaker than it actually is. I'd say it'd make more sense for them to be at glasto but we'll see.

Perhaps, but also the 'younger indie' crowd will have had plenty of opportunities to RHCP over the last few years which isn't the case with Blur. Blur are one of the biggest British indie rock bands too, so I'd say they'd be pretty popular with that crowd. Agree though that Glastonbury may well get them instead.

Edit - Or they may not even be active next summer/not doing any festivals. Who knows.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

18 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

A BMTH/21P coheadline would be a lot stronger than FOB headlining outright this year imo.

Oh 100%, still not that strong though I reckon but I'm perhaps overestimating as there's no way they'd have 5 very good headliners. 

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Perhaps, but also the 'younger indie' crowd will have had plenty of opportunities to RHCP over the last few years which isn't the case with Blur. Blur are one of the biggest British indie rock bands too, so I'd say they'd be pretty popular with that crowd. Agree though that Glastonbury may well get them instead.

Edit - Or they may not even be active next summer/not doing any festivals. Who knows.

True, I'm not saying they wouldn't pull a crowd as they'd probably do better than any of this years headliners, I just wasn't sure if they'd potentially gone past their sell by date almost. It'd make sense that they are around as I doubt Gorillaz will be around next summer. Unless Damon decides on a break or takes on another musical project. 

If I was to name the headliners I'd be extremely happy that are realistic it'd be:

The 1975 / Royal Blood?? QOTSA??

Foals

Blur or AM or Green Day

I'd be surprised if we didn't end up with a rap act within there and I feel that is way too rock orientated for the direction the festival is going in now. Would be very strong nonetheless. 

10 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Oh 100%, still not that strong though I reckon but I'm perhaps overestimating as there's no way they'd have 5 very good headliners. 

True, I'm not saying they wouldn't pull a crowd as they'd probably do better than any of this years headliners, I just wasn't sure if they'd potentially gone past their sell by date almost. It'd make sense that they are around as I doubt Gorillaz will be around next summer. Unless Damon decides on a break or takes on another musical project. 

If I was to name the headliners I'd be extremely happy that are realistic it'd be:

The 1975 / Royal Blood?? QOTSA??

Foals

Blur or AM or Green Day

I'd be surprised if we didn't end up with a rap act within there and I feel that is way too rock orientated for the direction the festival is going in now. Would be very strong nonetheless. 

QOTSA I doubt for next year, way more chance of returning in 2020 for a sub Glastonbury slot. If they sold Finsbury out very quickly I'd agree.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy F 2000 said:

this is for 2019

Friday, panic at the disco, 30 seconds to mars, papa roach, three days grace

Saturday, all American rejects, neck deep, mallory Knox, mayday parade

sunday, fall out boy, you me at 6, we are in the crowd, state champs

Go away.

20 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

awful lineup I hope it's not true theres not 1 good act on the Saturday and that's the main day so its not a very good prediction I don't think....