The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

The Architects thing is the exact type of thing that doesn't happen. Why would it? Like when Jordan Fish liked the Download announcement and when Melvin or whoever followed Slipknot.

I'd very, very happily be proven wrong btw.

Because Sam & Co. are a lovely bunch of gentlemen who would never deceive anybody. They’re also vegans, you know. 

Not expecting them at all but I would love it if it does happen. 

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

The Architects thing is the exact type of thing that doesn't happen. Why would it? Like when Jordan Fish liked the Download announcement and when Melvin or whoever followed Slipknot.

I'd very, very happily be proven wrong btw.

The main thing for me was their response when asked about it. If they're not playing why wouldn't they just say so? I mean I'm still not confident they'll be there, but now I wouldn't be surprised either way.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The main thing for me was their response when asked about it. If they're not playing why wouldn't they just say so? I mean I'm still not confident they'll be there, but now I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Because it's funny. I'd do the same.

Maybe if they have an album out but I don't think they will, and if they sub the NME it's pretty much the equivalent slot to this years which I like to think that they're above. 

20 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I just thought that if it was Dan Searle was in charge of their Twitter tonight it could definitely be a wind up. That’s all he does on his own account. 

Might as well have a final go, keeping in a lot of the stuff I had before today’s absolute boner of a day unfolded(ed): 

Royal Blood / Travis Scott / Don Broco / Twin Atlantic / Krept & Konan / Creeper / Waterparks / Arcane Roots / IDLES 

Silk City / MGMT 

Killswitch Engage 

Kendrick Lamar / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Panic! at the Disco / J Hus / Nothing But Thieves / Declan McKenna / Tonight Alive / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq (special guest opener) 

Wolf Alice / SZA 

Glassjaw 

Foo Fighters / Pixies / The Hunna / The Distillers / Mastodon / Bugzy Malone / Alien Ant Farm / The Menzingers / Black Honey 

The Wombats / Jungle 

Marmozets

Okay I know I did one earlier today but having stopped believing the Flo/Kendrick/AM trio I thought I'd get down my final prediction before the announcement along with doing the prediction game to see how close I get in general.

Could see Flo headlining instead of Imagine Dragons or Foos but I think they'd rather wait until next year when she's released a new album.

We'll probably end up with FOB/BMTH in there somewhere but I'm choosing to ignore that until it's dropped on us tomorrow.

Friday Reading/Saturday Leeds:
Main: Royal Blood/Imagine Dragons (co-headline) / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Twin Atlantic / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Black Foxxes / Special Guest: Big Shaq
NME: Silk City / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Wilkinson / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / The Big Moon / Alvvays / Black Honey / High Tyde / Superorganism / The Night Café
Dance: Hannah Wants
Lock Up: Marmozets
Festival Republic: Peace
1xtra: $uicideboy$

Saturday Reading/Sunday Leeds:
Main: Kendrick Lamar / 30 Seconds To Mars / The Hunna / Don Broco / Loyle Carner / Django Django / Alien Ant Farm / Inheaven / Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice / SZA / Kaleo / Dave / Sleaford Mods / Shame / Fred V & Grafix (Live) / Pale Waves / Princess Nokia / The Xcerts / Zak Abel / Special Guest: Mike Shinoda
Dance: Gorgon City
The Pit: Killswitch Engage
Festival Republic: Death From Above
1xtra: Wretch 32

Sunday Reading/Friday Leeds:
Main: Foo Fighters / Courteeners / J Hus / The Distillers / Krept & Konan / Creeper / Tonight Alive / IDLES / Anteros
NME: CHVRCHES / Nothing But Thieves / PARTYNEXTDOOR / Tom Grennan / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / FIDLAR / DMA's / SOPHIE / NOT3S / Coasts / YONAKA / Milk Teeth
Dance: Annie Mac
The Pit: Lower Than Atlantis
Festival Republic: The Sherlocks
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Taking Dan’s info as word (which I’m not), let’s see how bad this could be come 8am: 

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / Don Broco / Sum 41 / Krept & Konan / Creeper / Waterparks / Arcane Roots / IDLES 

The Vaccines / MGMT 

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa / J Hus / Twin Atlantic / Declan McKenna / Tonight Alive / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq (Special Guest) 

Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves 

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats / The Distillers / Mastodon / Bugzy Malone / Alien Ant Farm / The Menzingers / Black Honey 

Skepta / SZA 

Edited by Andre91

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Taking Dan’s info as word (which I’m not), let’s see how bad this could be come 8am: 

Fall Out Boy / Travis Scott / Don Broco / Sum 41 / Krept & Konan / Creeper / Waterparks / Arcane Roots / IDLES 

The Vaccines / MGMT 

Kendrick Lamar / Panic! at the Disco / Dua Lipa / J Hus / Twin Atlantic / Declan McKenna / Tonight Alive / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq (Special Guest) 

Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves 

Kings of Leon / Courteeners / The Wombats / The Distillers / Mastodon / Bugzy Malone / Alien Ant Farm / The Menzingers / Black Honey 

Skepta / SZA 

Jesus Christ 

This is what I make of it:

FALL OUT BOY, [Travis Scott?], Post Malone, [...], Mist, Creeper, [...], Dream Wife, [...]
NME: Wolf Alice, [...], The Blaze, [...], [...], IamDDB
DS: Annie Mac, Bicep, 
1X: Lil Pump, Belly, Kojo Funds, Ms Banks
RS: Underoath, Waterparks
FR: [...], Hudson Taylor

KENDRICK LAMAR, PANIC AT THE DISCO, Dua Lipa, Sum-41, Papa Roach, [...] The Magic Gang, [...], [...]
NME: [...], Sigrid, Brockhampton, Playboi Carti, Pale Waves 
DS: Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii
1X: Wretch 32, Yungen, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie,
LU: [...], Beartooth, Nothing Nowhere

KING OF LEON, Courteeners, Skepta, The Wombats, [...], [...], Hinds, [...], [...], [...] 
NME: J Hus, Diplo, [...], Tom Grennan, [...], $uicideboy$
FS: Hannah Wants,  Mr Eazi, My Nu Leng, Riton & Kahlo
1X: AJ Tracey, Ski Mask the Slump God, Nadia Rose, Ghetts, 
RS: Hollywood Undead, 

Edited by dentalplan

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This is what I make of it:

FALL OUT BOY, [Travis Scott?], Post Malone, [...], Mist, Creeper, [...], Dream Wife, [...]
NME: Wolf Alice, [...], The Blaze, [...], [...], IamDDB
DS: Annie Mac, Bicep, 
1X: Lil Pump, Belly, Kojo Funds, Ms Banks
RS: Underoath, Waterparks
FR: [...], Hudson Taylor

KENDRICK LAMAR, PANIC AT THE DISCO, Dua Lipa, Sum-41, Papa Roach, [...] The Magic Gang, [...], [...]
NME: [...], Sigrid, Brockhampton, Playboi Carti, Pale Waves 
DS: Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slushii
1X: Wretch 32, Yungen, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie,
LU: [...], Beartooth, Nothing Nowhere

KING OF LEON, Courteeners, Skepta, The Wombats, [...], [...], Hinds, [...], [...], [...] 

Fance Stage

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think you could swap AJ Tracey & $uicideboy$ round.

I'd also say Diplo would be more likely to be NME headliner with J Hus subbing, but on the poster Diplo comes after J Hus... They're probably both NME headline size tbh, the top of Sunday is looking a bit stacked. Maybe there's a chance Diplo is headlining the Dance Stage, with Hannah Wants subbing it?

34 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think you could swap AJ Tracey & $uicideboy$ round.

I'd also say Diplo would be more likely to be NME headliner with J Hus subbing, but on the poster Diplo comes after J Hus... They're probably both NME headline size tbh, the top of Sunday is looking a bit stacked. Maybe there's a chance Diplo is headlining the Dance Stage, with Hannah Wants subbing it?

$uicideboy$ are lower than like all those other 1xtra acts on the poster, though, which is weird in itself, but very weird if they're playing above them all on the same stage.

J Hus headlining NME with a Diplo closing set I reckon.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah not when doing a DJ set on his own he won't be. Definitely no bigger than Annie Mac, who will be headlining the dance stage.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah not when doing a DJ set on his own he won't be. Definitely no bigger than Annie Mac, who will be headlining the dance stage.

With Hannah Wants subbing it? That seems unlikely (didnt she do that slot in 2016? Would have thought her stock has grown a fair bit since then)

Tried to flesh out the stages a bit with a few potential additions. Unsure about a couple of placings.

Fri
Main: 
Fall Out Boy, Travi$ Scott, Post Malone, Don Broco, Mastodon, Creeper, Fickle Friends, Dream Wife, Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Mist, Jorja Smith, The Blaze, IAMDDB, SWMRS, The Big Moon
Dance: Annie Mac, Bicep (live)
FR: The Cribs, Hudson Taylor
Pit: Underoath, Waterparks
1xtra: Lil Pump, Belly, Fredo, Kojo Funds, Ms Banks

Sat
Main: 
Kendrick Lamar, Panic! at the Disco, Dua Lipa, Sum 41, Papa Roach, Tonight Alive, The Magic Gang, Arcane Roots, Big Shaq
NME: The Vaccines, Sigrid, Brockhampton, Playboi Carti, Alvvays, Idles, Pale Waves
Dance: Netsky b2b Jauz b2b Slishii
FR: Half Moon Run
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello, Beartooth, Nothing Nowhere
1xtra: Wretch 32, Yungen, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie

Sun
Main: 
Kings of Leon, Courteeners, Skepta, The Wombats, The Distillers, Declan McKenna, Hinds, Black Honey, Anteros
NME: Diplo, J Hus, Dave, Tom Grennan, Nadia Rose, Rex Orange County
Dance: Hannah Wants, Mr Eazi, My Nu Leng, The Magician, Riton & Kah-Lo
FR: Peace
Pit: Hollywood Undead
1xtra: AJ Tracey, Ski Mask the Slump God, $uicideboy$, Ghetts

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Personally think AJ Tracey will do NME or early main as he played 3rd 1Xtra last year, just bump the other 1Xtra acts up a slot. It's strange, I thought Ghetts was 1Xtra headline size.

Swear the 1xtra Stage constantly has repeats. Bugzy Malone have played it the last three years, including headlining it last year.

Edit: And Krept and Konan subbed it in 2014 and then headlined it in 2015.

DJ Semtex played it the last 3 years, too. Fekky played it in 2015 and 2016. So did Kiko Bun. And Stormzy (including headlining in 2016). And Lady Leshurr. Tempa T played 2014 and 2015.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Swear the 1xtra Stage constantly has repeats. Bugzy Malone have played it the last three years, including headlining it last year.

Edit: And Krept and Konan subbed it in 2014 and then headlined it in 2015.

Yeah true, I just thought this year they seem to really want to flaunt the hip hop acts with so many in the first announcement, they may want to keep things a bit more fresh than previous years. 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tried to flesh out the stages a bit with a few potential additions. Unsure about a couple of placings.

Fri
Main: 
Fall Out Boy, Travi$ Scott, Post Malone, Don Broco, Mastodon, Creeper, Fickle Friends, Dream Wife, Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Mist, Jorja Smith, The Blaze, IAMDDB, SWMRS, The Big Moon

Sat
Main: 
Kendrick Lamar, Panic! at the Disco, Dua Lipa, Sum 41, Papa Roach, Tonight Alive, The Magic Gang, Arcane Roots, Big Shaq
NME: The Vaccines, Sigrid, Brockhampton, Playboi Carti, Alvvays, Idles, Pale Waves

Sun
Main: 
Kings of Leon, Courteeners, Skepta, The Wombats, The Distillers, Declan McKenna, Hinds, Black Honey, Anteros

Waterparks are playing main stage (confirmed on their twitter)

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fri
Main: 

Sat
Main: 

Sun
Main: 

The Distillers are not going to be between Declan McKenna and The Wombats.

Friday and Sunday are very bad. I wouldn't actually mind tonight alive through to Dua Lipa.