the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

As the lineup is supposedly coming on Monday, this is probs the last one I need to post :P Not sure on Mike Shinoda, but I dunno who else to put in that slot still. Kinda wanted another rock band (The Vaccines maybe) But I guess it could be a rapper too (Anderson. Paak?).

EDIT: This is mostly the same as the last one, other than swapping people around who are playing Creamfields/SW4/Victorious, swapping Hunna onto mainstage and culling Slaves from my FR lineup.

fullprediction3.png

I don't think Mike Shinoda's big enough to headline that stage, and even if I doubt he'd clash with Foo's. Also since The Hives are headlining third at Download I doubt they'll do the same here. 

Also, Black Peas aren't a band. It's Black Peaks :lol:. One person made a typo and now Black Peas have made about 6 different posters ffs.

I'd be fairly happy with that though.

Edited by Steve1000

32 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think Mike Shinoda's big enough to headline that stage, and even if I doubt he'd clash with Foo's. Also since The Hives are headlining third at Download I doubt they'll do the same here. 

Also, Black Peas aren't a band. It's Black Peaks :lol:. One person made a typo and now Black Peas have made about 6 different posters ffs.

I'd be fairly happy with that though.

Black Peaks is a much better name lmao. Who would you put in instead of The Hives? I don't really know anyone who is around that jumps out to me as a potential headliner for that stage tbh (I've chucked The Wonder Years in for now as I think I remember someone mentioning them a while ago)

fullprediction3.png

Edited by Mattymooz

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Black Peaks is a much better name lmao. Who would you put in instead of The Hives? I don't really know anyone who is around that jumps out to me as a potential headliner for that stage tbh (I've chucked The Wonder Years in for now as I think I remember someone mentioning them a while ago)

fullprediction3.png

I think you could have Gogol on LU, then I think Papa Roach could be a shout seeing as they're not at any other fests and have an album out. Same for Trivium though I don't think they're too likely. Skindred also a decent bet and probably the most likely. Wonder Years probably too small to headline that stage.

EDIT - Also, just a little thing - you'd have Killswitch on The Pit and Gogol or TWY on LU. Doesn't really matter but incase you're a perfectionist.

Edited by Steve1000

What are the chances of The Weeknd being announced, and where abouts would he likely fit: sub or coheadline with Kendrick perhaps? 

Side note but all joking aside Black Peaks are quality, and brilliant live

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

fullprediction3.png

I've got Lower Than Atlantis there. Think they're active.

8 minutes ago, OscarEB said:

What are the chances of The Weeknd being announced, and where abouts would he likely fit: sub or coheadline with Kendrick perhaps? 

Side note but all joking aside Black Peaks are quality, and brilliant live

No chance, and he'd definitely be an outright headliner now.

20 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I think you could have Gogol on LU, then I think Papa Roach could be a shout seeing as they're not at any other fests and have an album out. Same for Trivium though I don't think they're too likely. Skindred also a decent bet and probably the most likely. Wonder Years probably too small to headline that stage.

EDIT - Also, just a little thing - you'd have Killswitch on The Pit and Gogol or TWY on LU. Doesn't really matter but incase you're a perfectionist.

well the whole Lock Up vs. Pit thing wasn't bothering me untill you mentioned it :P I did have Skindred down for it earlier but I had assumed that their extensive UK tour had kinda ruled them out (though tbh they are English so I guess it doesn't matter, just the tour is going everywhere)

Hey, that whole Black Peas thing isn't on me. I have them as Black Peaks on my original Clashfinder Matty used :P

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

well the whole Lock Up vs. Pit thing wasn't bothering me untill you mentioned it :P I did have Skindred down for it earlier but I had assumed that their extensive UK tour had kinda ruled them out (though tbh they are English so I guess it doesn't matter, just the tour is going everywhere)

Welsh ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yolo I made it into an announcement anyway as some people on twitter had already asked me about it lol

announcementprediction2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Yolo I made it into an announcement anyway as some people on twitter had already asked me about it lol

announcementprediction2.png

those subs for the sat and sun look to weak I really wouldn't expect wolf alice or courteeners or the hunna or J hus to bw that high in the annoucement

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

those subs for the sat and sun look to weak I really wouldn't expect wolf alice or courteeners or the hunna or J hus to bw that high in the annoucement

Where do you expect Wolf Alice to play?

50 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I mean, 30STM could coheadline at this point tbh. Wolf Alice and J Hus definitely fit their slots, and while Courteeners and Hunna are weak bookings they fit similar slots as Liam Gallagher and Blossoms last year (who were also weak bookings).

Considering this was last years:

image1.png

Doing a stupid unrealistic one:

Gorillaz / Royal Blood // Travis Scott // Nothing but Thieves // Don Broco // 

Pendulum // Milky Chance  // 

Kendick Lamar // 30STM // OFWGKTA // Killswitch Engage // 

Courteeners // Wolf Alice // 

Foo Fighters // Pixies // Weezer // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes //

Post Malone // The Hunna // 

6 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Doing a stupid unrealistic one:

Gorillaz / Royal Blood // Travis Scott // Nothing but Thieves // Don Broco // 

Pendulum // Milky Chance  // 

Kendick Lamar // 30STM // OFWGKTA // Killswitch Engage // 

Courteeners // Wolf Alice // 

Foo Fighters // Pixies // Weezer // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes //

Post Malone // The Hunna // 

Gorillaz and Post Malone are exclusives at other festivals and Tyler is still banned from UK so doubt odd future would perform without him.  Also doubt courteeners would not be on the main stage and wolf alice is too low imo. Also milky chance were there last year, doubt they'd return

52 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Gorillaz and Post Malone are exclusives at other festivals and Tyler is still banned from UK so doubt odd future would perform without him.  Also doubt courteeners would not be on the main stage and wolf alice is too low imo. Also milky chance were there last year, doubt they'd return

Weren't far off then ;)

No idea how I hadn't heard Gorillaz are at boomtown.

Also is post malone exclusive? Can't find any mention of it

11 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Weren't far off then ;)

No idea how I hadn't heard Gorillaz are at boomtown.

Also is post malone exclusive? Can't find any mention of it

https://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/blog/wireless-2018-headliners

"We’ve got UK festival exclusives from Post Malone, Migos, Rae Sremmurd, Lil Uzi Vert and Cardi B...."

Friday Reading/Saturday Leeds:
Main: Royal Blood/Imagine Dragons (co-headline) / Travis Scott / The Wombats / Twin Atlantic / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Pale Waves / Special Guest: Big Shaq
NME: Silk City / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Wilkinson (Live) / Tom Misch (Live) / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / FIDLAR / DMA's / SWMRS / Darlia / Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello
Festival Republic: Peace
1xtra: $uicideboy$

Saturday Reading/Sunday Leeds:
Main: Kendrick Lamar / 30 Seconds To Mars / The Hunna / Nothing But Thieves / Loyle Carner / Marmozets / Alien Ant Farm / Inheaven / Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice / SZA / PARTYNEXTDOOR / Dave / Portugal. The Man / The Big Moon / Spring King / Shame / Alice Glass / Princess Nokia / Muncie Girls / Special Guest: Mike Shinoda
Dance: Gorgon City
The Pit: Killswitch Engage
Festival Republic: Death From Above
1xtra: Wretch 32

Sunday Reading/Friday Leeds:
Main: Foo Fighters / Courteeners / J Hus / Don Broco / The Distillers / Creeper / Tonight Alive / IDLES / Anteros
NME: The Vaccines / Krept x Konan / Kaleo / The Amazons / Tom Grennan / AJ Tracey / Alvvays / Black Honey / Black Foxxes / YONAKA / Superorganism / The Night Café
Dance: Annie Mac
The Pit: Lower Than Atlantis
Festival Republic: The Sherlocks
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Paramore wouldn't sub.

I don't think they would headline either they aren't big enough anymore there fan base is all that's really it and that's small, I think there a great band but they had there peak a few years ago

21 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I don't think they would headline either they aren't big enough anymore there fan base is all that's really it and that's small, I think there a great band but they had there peak a few years ago

While it may be true that they were bigger a few years ago, the festival aren't going to demote them to sub. If they're not big enough to (co)headline anymore then they won't be booked at all.

I'd say they're definitely big enough to coheadline still, but I don't think they're gonna be there this year. Can't see past a Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons coheadline at this point.

23 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Yes they are.