The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

39 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yolo done did a full one. I have no clue about most of the pit and 1xtra so just stole someone elses....

Think the Hives are probs too big for that slot (and I think they're touring early summer with the QOTSA gig etc.) but couldnt think of who else to put there. Same with Deftones (I guess Vaccines could fit but I dunno if they would play here and community + they played that slot last time)

fullprediction2.png

Are Slaves too big to headline the FR stage? I mean on that day that would be who I'd watch out of all those stage headliners but I'd expect them to be fairly high on the NME stage 3rd down maybe. If that was the line-up though I'd buy my ticket tomorrow.

11 hours ago, moams said:

Are Slaves too big to headline the FR stage? I mean on that day that would be who I'd watch out of all those stage headliners but I'd expect them to be fairly high on the NME stage 3rd down maybe. If that was the line-up though I'd buy my ticket tomorrow.

Definitely too big to headline the FR stage. 

Edited by Aech

Ok so I drew up a somewhat pessimistic prediction yday and then replaced a couple of the acts with ones I hadn't included from what @randlfan told us they'd heard last night - not that I'm saying everyone should believe them, just that it doesn't seem outlandish and I kinda do.

Anyway, here goes...

ROYAL BLOOD, Travis Scott, Don Broco, Nothing But Thieves, Charli XCX, Declan McKenna
NME: J Hus, Pvris, Sigrid
DS: Faithless (DJ set) / Pit: Killswitch Engage / FR: The Sherlocks / 1x: $uicideboy$

KENDRICK LAMAR, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Dua Lipa, The Kooks, Peace, Death From Above
NME: Wolf Alice, Jungle, Kaleo, Brockhampton
DS: Hannah Wants / Pit: Marmozets / FR: Half Moon Run / 1x: Lil Pump

FOO FIGHTERS, Courteeners, The Hunna, The Distillers, Creeper, The Amazons
NME: Sza, Krept & Konan, Cigarettes After Sex
DS: Gorgon City / LU: Dropkick Murphys / FR: Editors / 1x: Joey Bada$$

Edited by dentalplan

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Other than SZA headlining the NME i dont even think that looks too awful lmao

That ain’t bad really. Rightly or wrongly she has huge placings at all the festivals she’s doing so far, and if she isn’t around Europe all that much then I can’t see R+L serving her with a really pared down slot.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That ain’t bad really. Rightly or wrongly she has huge placings at all the festivals she’s doing so far, and if she isn’t around Europe all that much then I can’t see R+L serving her with a really pared down slot.

But NME headliner is like an hours slot, and to do that with only 1 album would be real tricky

Posted something similar in the other thread but why are Courteeners predicted to sub? They haven't released anything new since they last played and they only really play academy-sized venues outside of the north west. They might well be playing but doubt they'd sub. Although having said that they only have one announced festival date, so they might not even be playing?

11 minutes ago, KVShinedown said:

Posted something similar in the other thread but why are Courteeners predicted to sub? They haven't released anything new since they last played and they only really play academy-sized venues outside of the north west. They might well be playing but doubt they'd sub. Although having said that they only have one announced festival date, so they might not even be playing?

Their last album was later  in 2016 than Reading technically. Also theyve played every other year for quite a few years bar one exception iirc 

18 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Yolo done did a full one. I have no clue about most of the pit and 1xtra so just stole someone elses....

Think the Hives are probs too big for that slot (and I think they're touring early summer with the QOTSA gig etc.) but couldnt think of who else to put there. Same with Deftones (I guess Vaccines could fit but I dunno if they would play here and community + they played that slot last time)

fullprediction2.png

Lock Up is all over the place with the positions but I still love it. Title Fight into Kendrick would be a dream

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Travis Scott, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Gogol Bordello, Arcane Roots, Idles
NME: Silk City, SZA, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Amazons, Tom Grennan, Alvvays, SWMRS, The Big Moon, ??, The Night Café, The 1975 (secret set), Bad Sounds
Dance: Hannah Wants
FR: The Cribs
Pit: Skindred
1xtra: $uicideboy$

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Hunna, The Kooks, Krept & Konan, Tonight Alive, Creeper, Basement, Big Shaq
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Dave, Tom Misch, Jorja Smith, Car Seat Headrest, Pale Waves, Lucy Rose, ??, High Tyde, YONAKA, Milk Teeth
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run
Lock Up: Dropkick Murphys
1xtra: Wretch 32

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Weezer, The Distillers, Peace, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Anteros
NME: J Hus, Jungle, Wilkinson (live), Sigrid, BROCKHAMPTON, Amber Run, Rex Orange County, ??, Darlia, Shame, Superfood, ??
Dance: Steve Aoki
FR: Slaves
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: Lil Pump

38 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Travis Scott, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Gogol Bordello, Arcane Roots, Idles
NME: Silk City, SZA, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Amazons, Tom Grennan, Alvvays, SWMRS, The Big Moon, ??, The Night Café, The 1975 (secret set), Bad Sounds

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Hunna, The Kooks, Krept & Konan, Tonight Alive, Creeper, Basement, Big Shaq
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Dave, Tom Misch, Jorja Smith, Car Seat Headrest, Pale Waves, Lucy Rose, ??, High Tyde, YONAKA, Milk Teeth

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Weezer, The Distillers, Peace, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Anteros
NME: J Hus, Jungle, Wilkinson (live), Sigrid, BROCKHAMPTON, Amber Run, Rex Orange County, ??, Darlia, Shame, Superfood, ??

Besides a few acts, I'd be reasonably happy with this tbf.

Main: Arcade Fire / Imagine dragons , Travis Scott, The Wombats 
NME: The Vaccines, Jungle, Sunset sons                                                                                                                                                                            DANCE:  Andy C

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Catfish and the Bottlemen, A$ap rocky
NME: Wolf Alice, Kaleo, Cage the Elephant 

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Royal blood, ??????
NME: J Hus, Nothing but thieves, Django Django 

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Following on from Matty, I've done a full prediction with what I think seems reasonable slots. Think this is realistic enough tbf. Yeah, I know I have way too much time on my hands.

image.thumb.png.a541908baab343ff428da74fcf002504.png

image.thumb.png.d30ff4431ac40aa9b15bcf537e80a1c7.png

image.thumb.png.040d60141b7cc9158c1b7771aa7c18fc.png

Love it, would definitely go if this was the line up although you do have too much time on your hands haha or you secretly work for Festival Republic ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

NME: The Vaccines, Jungle, Sunset sons                                                                                                                                                                            DANCE:  Andy C

Saturday

Sunday

Can't really see Arcade Fire taking a coheadline slot. They're not completely out of the question, but I'd be really surprised if they were (co)headlining whilst Royal Blood were subbing.

18 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Yeah just thought there not as big as they used to be but still could take a co-headline spot either with royal blood or imagine dragons I just thought Royal Blood would be a great Sub for Foos 

Haven’t really dropped off that much. If they’re not big enough now then they were never big enough in the first place.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Looks decent but I’d be smarting at there being one undercard act I like on the day I’d be interested in going and a handful on each of the others. Guess the other stages don’t tell the full story like.

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Saturday

Sunday

Can’t see Andy c playing same slot two years in a row

Royal Blood + Imagine Dragons (co-headline) / Travis Scott / Don Broco / BROCKHAMPTON / Creeper / Tonight Alive / Arcane Roots / IDLES 

SZA / Jungle

Killswitch Engage 

Kendrick Lamar / Thirty Seconds To Mars / J Hus / The Hunna / MGMT / The Amazons / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq 

Enter Shikari / Krept & Konan

Gogol Bordello

Foo Fighters / Courteeners / Panic! at the Disco / Everything Everything / Mastodon / Bugzy Malone / The Menzingers / Basement / Black Honey 

Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves 

Marmozets