The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe a bit ambitious but I mean, I have no fucking clue what to expect if we get 2 stages (also, apparently I'm crap at creating a poster from scratch rather than just copying an old one lmao).

Think that would be a solid set of headliners, with Paramore effectively being the 6th one (to stop it being a sausage fest etc.) Maybe swap Courteeners and Catfish? I kinda have no idea how many acts to expect, like 14? Who fuckin knows

2STAGEFAKE.png

If the 2 stage info is right then I'd expect the BMTH/RB/Kendrick/FoB/ID info to be right too.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe a bit ambitious but I mean, I have no fucking clue what to expect if we get 2 stages (also, apparently I'm crap at creating a poster from scratch rather than just copying an old one lmao).

Think that would be a solid set of headliners, with Paramore effectively being the 6th one (to stop it being a sausage fest etc.) Maybe swap Courteeners and Catfish? I kinda have no idea how many acts to expect, like 14? Who fuckin knows

2STAGEFAKE.png

Paramore and Imagine Dragons would defo swap places; can't see the latter dropping down from co-headliners already. You've also got no FOB, which explicitly came with the two stages info.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If the 2 stage info is right then I'd expect the BMTH/RB/Kendrick/FoB/ID info to be right too.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Paramore and Imagine Dragons would defo swap places; can't see the latter dropping down from co-headliners already. You've also got no FOB, which explicitly came with the two stages info.

I just really don't see the Fall Out Boy info being right lmao. Would be such a weird booking...

I just really don't see the Fall Out Boy info being right lmao. Would be such a weird booking...

Surely if he's got the 2 stage thing right then it'll all be right though. Would be pretty incredible for him to have the stage thing right but then have the acts wrong.

I don't think it would be that strange tbh if you consider they were pretty much a sub last time. They've got a new album out, no other fests they can realistically play and if they're having 6 'headliners' I can easily see them having to get in a couple of underwhelming bookings as the acts headlining the second main stage.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't think it would be that strange tbh if you consider they were pretty much a sub last time. They've got a new album out, no other fests they can realistically play and if they're having 6 'headliners' I can easily see them having to get in a couple of underwhelming bookings as the acts headlining the second main stage.

If they had been marketed as a sub sure, but for people who don't really care that much they would look and see fob coheadlinined twice in 3 years, which imo looks real bad... I guess they have no other fests, but they have an arena tour early this year, do they need to comeback and do festivals as well???

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

If they had been marketed as a sub sure, but for people who don't really care that much they would look and see fob coheadlinined twice in 3 years, which imo looks real bad... I guess they have no other fests, but they have an arena tour early this year, do they need to comeback and do festivals as well???

No, but they're an easy, probably cheap option for R&L to fill out 6 'headline' slots with if they need to. I wouldn't be surprised if an expansion to two main stages and 6 'headliners' meant quicker repeats tbh. R&L must know the majority of their punters attend for maybe 2/3 years and then move on.

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think that people who don't really care don't really care and wouldn't pay attention to that sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Assuming that the FR stage remains the same, who are we thinking will headline it? I think Peace and possibly The Sherlock’s with the other hopefully being Rise Against. Want to be sure before I commit it to a poster :lol:

I currently have The Cribs, DMAs and Half Moon Run in my prediction, but those names you mentioned are possible too. Dunno about Rise Against though.

I've seen a few people predict Death From Above and Amber Run as well. Foster the People could be a possible shout.

It's really hard to predict though, it's likely to be 3 names we wouldn't even have considered.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I currently have The Cribs, DMAs and Half Moon Run in my prediction, but those names you mentioned are possible too. Dunno about Rise Against though.

I've seen a few people predict Death From Above and Amber Run as well. Foster the People could be a possible shout.

It's really hard to predict though, it's likely to be 3 names we wouldn't even have considered.

Yeah might just leave it out of the Poster all together, at least then I can’t be wrong there...

2 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Yeah might just leave it out of the Poster all together, at least then I can’t be wrong there...

Tbf it's likely you'll be pretty far off the whole poster anyway :D

15 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Assuming that the FR stage remains the same, who are we thinking will headline it? I think Peace and possibly The Sherlock’s with the other hopefully being Rise Against. Want to be sure before I commit it to a poster :lol:

I have The Cribs, Amber Run and The Sherlocks but I've changed my prediction for FR headliner so many times as there's so many people it could be, like @SomeoneListeningIn said, probably bands we haven't even considered.

Hi, I’m new to this but been reading everything and keeping up with the thread. Found this on twitter, assuming it’s fan made after all these two stage rumours but it does help give some solidity to the rumour and makes me kinda believe it all that bit more. The proposed headliners are also a good guess at what’s been suggested on here.

0EC858DF-47FA-4DAE-A6C7-46ED4F074167.jpeg

2 hours ago, DomenicoZappala said:

Hi, I’m new to this but been reading everything and keeping up with the thread. Found this on twitter, assuming it’s fan made after all these two stage rumours but it does help give some solidity to the rumour and makes me kinda believe it all that bit more. The proposed headliners are also a good guess at what’s been suggested on here.

0EC858DF-47FA-4DAE-A6C7-46ED4F074167.jpeg

It’s similar to predictions on here because it was made by Dental from these forums :lol:

Changed some of my prediction in light of recent announcements. Still sticking to the 2 main stage thing being false. Also the lower main/NME stage is just filler but it's impossible to predict so not gonna waste time thinking of better ideas.

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Travis Scott, Panic! at the Disco, The Gaslight Anthem, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Anteros
NME: Silk City, SZA, PARTYNEXTDOOR, The Amazons, Creeper, Car Seat Headrest, SWMRS, Amber Run, Darlia, Shame, Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants, Krewella, Faithless (DJ)
FR: The Cribs
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello
1xtra: $uicideboy$

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Chvrches, The Hunna, J Hus, Mastodon, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Basement, Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Death From Above, Dave, Jorja Smith, Alvvays, Alice Glass, Pale Waves, Spring King, High Tyde, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run
Pit: Glassjaw
1xtra: Wretch 32

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Weezer, Don Broco, Peace, Marmozets, Beartooth, Arcane Roots, Idles
NME: Jungle, Krept & Konan, Wilkinson (live), Sigrid, Tom Grennan, BROCKHAMPTON, Rex Orange County, The Big Moon, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood, Bad Sounds
Dance: Steve Aoki
FR: Slaves
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Haven't done anything to my lower stages or checked how they work up against my new main stages, but I've basically just re-worked my main stage lineup to fit the two main stage thing. Dunno if there'd be more acts on the main stages, haven't bothered to check how many you'd be able to fit in. Probably two more on each day or something compared to what I've got, as you'd no longer have long gaps between the acts.

Reckon they'd be more willing to have a hip-hop top two if there's a rock band between them headlining a second main stage.

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main Stage 1: Royal Blood / CHVRCHES / The Wombats / Peace / Creeper
Main Stage 2: Fall Out Boy / Panic! at the Disco / Don Broco / Marmozets / Big Shaq
NME/Radio One: Kygo / SZA / PARTYNEXTDOOR / Logic / Sigrid / BROCKHAMPTON / FIDLAR / IDLES / SWMRS / Darlia / Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants
Pit: Glassjaw
Festival Republic: The Sherlocks
1xtra: $uicideboy$

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main Stage 1: Foo Fighters / Courteeners / All Time Low / Lower Than Atlantis / Tonight Alive
Main Stage 2: Imagine Dragons / J-Hus / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Inheaven
NME/Radio One: Silk City / Krept and Konan / Wilkinson (Live) / Dave / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Alvvays / Tom Grennan / Andrew W.K. / Black Honey / Black Foxxes / YONAKA / The Night Café
Dance: Annie Mac
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello
Festival Republic: Drenge
1xtra: AJ Tracey

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main Stage 1: Kendrick Lamar / Travis Scott / The Hunna / Nothing But Thieves / Hinds
Main Stage 2: Bring Me the Horizon / Enter Shikari / Loyle Carner / Alien Ant Farm / Astroid Boys
NME/Radio One: Wolf Alice / Slaves / King Krule / The Amazons / Portugal. The Man / The Big Moon / Jorja Smith / Spring King / Alice Glass / Princess Nokia / Pale Waves / Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: Killswitch Engage
Festival Republic: Death From Above
1xtra: Wretch 32

Edited by Gucci Piggy