The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The way the festival is going? Are they trying to appeal to current attendees' mums?

As in it feels like the festival is going into the mainstream picking up where v fesitval left off as in the likes of Dua Lipa, Lil Pump and Kendrick Lamar playing. Especially with the past three line ups I don't just see it as a rock fesitval anymore. 

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

As in it feels like the festival is going into the mainstream picking up where v fesitval left off as in the likes of Dua Lipa, Lil Pump and Kendrick Lamar playing. Especially with the past three line ups I don't just see it as a rock fesitval anymore. 

George Ezra's nothing like any of those and I really don't see how Kendrick playing is the fest 'going into the mainstream'. The others I'll give you but I reckon they'd have always booked whoever the Lil Pump of the year is.

Dunno if they'd have Post for a second year in a row (This is assuming he'd have a new album out by then), and I know someone said BMTH have a shorter set so are likely to coheadline, but I made this a week or so ago and never got around to posting it so here ya go

fullprediction20194.png

EDIT: Didn't change anything on the alternative/relentless stages

Edited by Mattymooz

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dunno if they'd have Post for a second year in a row (This is assuming he'd have a new album out by then), and I know someone said BMTH have a shorter set so are likely to coheadline, but I made this a week or so ago and never got around to posting it so here ya go

fullprediction20194.png

EDIT: Didn't change anything on the alternative/relentless stages

Artcic Monkeys will probably be at Glastonbury plus monkeys is spelt wrong 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Don't see 30STM playing if they skipped this year. Other than that, the main stage looks fair enough. All the other stages together look weak as piss, with notable exception of Jess Glynne subbing R1 for whatever reason.

Assumed given they would effevtively have 4 headliners (maybe even 5 if posts next album does well) that they'd have to skimp on the other stages a bit similar to 2016. And Jess Glynne has always gotten weak bookings at fests iirc. When she last played Wireless she was like 6th? down main stage. Maybe subbing that stage is a bit harsh i dunno.

And about 30STM, didnt they do early fests this year? (Rock Am Ring) so could be back for late fests next year? Tbh I couldnt think of anyone better for that slot off the top of my head (don't think Two Door will be back till 2020) so just went with them

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Artcic Monkeys will probably be at Glastonbury plus monkeys is spelt wrong 

Dang can't argue with that

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Assumed given they would effevtively have 4 headliners (maybe even 5 if posts next album does well) that they'd have to skimp on the other stages a bit similar to 2016. And Jess Glynne has always gotten weak bookings at fests iirc. When she last played Wireless she was like 6th? down main stage. Maybe subbing that stage is a bit harsh i dunno.

And about 30STM, didnt they do early fests this year? (Rock Am Ring) so could be back for late fests next year? Tbh I couldnt think of anyone better for that slot off the top of my head (don't think Two Door will be back till 2020) so just went with them

They skimped on the lineup in 2016? I thought that was a pretty strong one. A fair amount of the lineup had been announced by the time they sorted out their final headliners so I think your logic might be off there.

I don't reckon Jess Glynne would play Reading and Leeds - similar to Ed Sheeran and George Ezra - but for the festivals she does play that appeal to her crowd, I would expect her to be a pretty big deal.

And yeah, 30STM were around Europe late summer and didn't chuck in an appearance. Don't seem like the type of band to tour extensively two summers in a row, given the frontman's side hustle.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They skimped on the lineup in 2016? I thought that was a pretty strong one. A fair amount of the lineup had been announced by the time they sorted out their final headliners so I think your logic might be off there.

I don't reckon Jess Glynne would play Reading and Leeds - similar to Ed Sheeran and George Ezra - but for the festivals she does play that appeal to her crowd, I would expect her to be a pretty big deal.

And yeah, 30STM were around Europe late summer and didn't chuck in an appearance. Don't seem like the type of band to tour extensively two summers in a row, given the frontman's side hustle.

Whoops meant 2017 (Eminem year) my bad!

THE 1975
Two Door Cinema Club
Architects
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Declan McKenna

- MURA MASA, SZA    

MUMFORD AND SONS
Vampire Weekend
Chvrches
Everything Everything
Bugzy Malone

- BROCKHAMPTON, Sundara Karma   

GREEN DAY
Twenty One Pilots
Clean Bandit
Good Charlotte
Dave

- BLOSSOMS, Honne

• 2 weeks later...

forgive me @dentalplan

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Silk City, Cardi B, All Time Low, Good Charlotte, Idles
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms
DS: Kaytranada / Pit: The Distillers / FR: The Sherlocks / 1xtra: Pusha T

THE 1975, Chance the Rapper, Weezer, Everything Everything, Brockhampton, The Amazons
R1: Anderson .Paak, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
DS: Sigala / LU: Bowling For Soup / FR: Editors / 1xtra: Smokepurpp

FOO FIGHTERS, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Giggs, The Offspring, Cage the Elephant, Greta Van Fleet
R1: Jamie xx, Anne Marie
DS: Tchami / Pit: The Amity Affliction / FR: Honne / 1xtra: Dave