The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

I couldn’t tell you as I’ve never really heard a Kid Laroi song or know his buzz but is he not a similar size to Juice WRLD/Post Malone playing halfway through the day on the main? Feel like they had a huge buzz at the time they were booked for 5th down main but because they hadn’t been round too long they got lower slots. 

Might be wrong as again I don’t really know him but as an outsider to tiktok and a lot of the new wave of internet mainstream music, doja cat and dababy seem far bigger and more deserving of those high slots

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I couldn’t tell you as I’ve never really heard a Kid Laroi song or know his buzz but is he not a similar size to Juice WRLD/Post Malone playing halfway through the day on the main? Feel like they had a huge buzz at the time they were booked for 5th down main but because they hadn’t been round too long they got lower slots. 

Might be wrong as again I don’t really know him but as an outsider to tiktok and a lot of the new wave of internet mainstream music, doja cat and dababy seem far bigger and more deserving of those high slots

you summed it up well i'd say

tiktok is crazy honestly, was in the car yesterday and they were playing rasputin by boney m on capital - its influence on the music industry is the biggest thing since streaming, if not bigger honestly at least on how songs are made. has propelled a lot of artists into the mainstream too, id say glass animals is probably the best example - heat waves has been #1 in australia for 6 weeks now and it realised in like late june or july

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

Wasn't there intel from someone that they tried to get Aitch back but he said sub or nothing?

capaldi replacement?

also kinda crazy from aitch, he knows his worth I guess. hopefully someone better replaces capaldi though haha

Edited by gfa

16 hours ago, gfa said:

capaldi replacement?

also kinda crazy from aitch, he knows his worth I guess. hopefully someone better replaces capaldi though haha

I could see Aitch subbing on Stormzy day tbf he's huge with the teenagers, in 2019 he completely packed out the R1 and him and Stormzy have a couple of tunes together

• 2 weeks later...

Had a go at a 2022 Main Stage lineup due to boredom: 

MSE: Paramore / Machine Gun Kelly / Slowthai / Pale Waves / Holding Absence 

MSW: Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / CHVRCHES / The Amazons / Easy Life 

MSE: Dua Lipa / The Kid Laroi / Aitch / Waterparks / nothing, nowhere

MSW: Courteeners / Nothing But Thieves / Little Simz / Jay1 / Inhaler

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / IDLES / While She Sleeps / IAMDDB

MSW: Dave / Headie One / Fontaines D.C. / blackbear / Wargasm

Edited by Andre91

On 4/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Creasin said:

I could see Aitch subbing on Stormzy day tbf he's huge with the teenagers, in 2019 he completely packed out the R1 and him and Stormzy have a couple of tunes together

Pretty sure Aitch dropped off after 2018/2019. He's released an album and a few singles since, nothing like as big.

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Had a go at a 2022 Main Stage lineup due to boredom: 

MSE: Paramore / Machine Gun Kelly / Slowthai / Pale Waves / Holding Absence 

MSW: Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / CHVRCHES / The Amazons / Easy Life 

MSE: Dua Lipa / The Kid Laroi / Aitch / Waterparks / nothing, nowhere

MSW: Courteeners / Nothing But Thieves / Little Simz / Jay1 / Inhaler

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / IDLES / While She Sleeps / IAMDDB

MSW: Dave / Headie One / Fontaines D.C. / blackbear / Wargasm

Mostly agreeable but Paramore really do stick out like a sore thumb on this lineup. I don't see a place for them anymore.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:21 AM, dentalplan said:

Pretty sure Aitch dropped off after 2018/2019. He's released an album and a few singles since, nothing like as big.

Mostly agreeable but Paramore really do stick out like a sore thumb on this lineup. I don't see a place for them anymore.

I would have said the same about QOTSA prior to this year’s lineup being put out. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I would have said the same about QOTSA prior to this year’s lineup being put out. 

Seriously? I wouldn't. At all.

Queens are still pretty mainstream rock at this point, and at their sales peak on their last album tour. Heavy links with the likes of Foo Fighters and Royal Blood who both played major slots at the last festival. On heavy rotation on Radio X and standard rock playlists. Played a secret set and a FR promoted sellout show at Finsbury Park on the last tour.

I imagine they similarly mean fuck all to the exaggerated vision of R+L as a festival of people who don't like any bands but that's about it. Certainly have more name recognition.

R+L have always been the only festival that books Paramore and well, on their undeserved flop last time out, they didn't get a call for the first time ever. As things move further from the early 2010's when their star was at its brightest, they seem less and less likely a prospect to headline here.

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seriously? I wouldn't. At all.

Queens are still pretty mainstream rock at this point, and at their sales peak on their last album tour. Heavy links with the likes of Foo Fighters and Royal Blood who both played major slots at the last festival. On heavy rotation on Radio X and standard rock playlists. Played a secret set and a FR promoted sellout show at Finsbury Park on the last tour.

I imagine they similarly mean fuck all to the exaggerated vision of R+L as a festival of people who don't like any bands but that's about it. Certainly have more name recognition.

R+L have always been the only festival that books Paramore and well, on their undeserved flop last time out, they didn't get a call for the first time ever. As things move further from the early 2010's when their star was at its brightest, they seem less and less likely a prospect to headline here.

I would, yes. For sure. They’re a band that are well liked on here and regularly requested but I’m pretty sure they were widely viewed on here as being a band that don’t really fit with R&L anymore prior to this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m way glad they’re playing. 

I don’t disagree with most of what you’re saying but I do disagree that QOTSA have more name recognition with your average R&L goer in 2021 than Paramore do.

Whilst true that QOTSA have ties to a band like the Foo Fighters, Paramore aren’t an island with R&L goers. YUNGBLUD and Twenty One Pilots share a similar fan base. Both artists who have got huge slots at the last / this year’s festival. Paramore have a younger fan base in general and have benefited a lot from TikTok in terms of opening them up to a newer fan base. People can say ‘Oh it’s just TikTok’ etc. but it’s done wonders for artists and is a major tool in exposing people to music they haven’t heard before. 

When they return, there will be a tonne of hype surrounding them. They are still a massive, massive band. Look at the tour they did for After Laughter. Hard Times was on the audio all the time, too, and when they do have a new record out, they will still get Radio airplay and they will still play the O2 and the other big arenas. 

You know, it’s not a QOTSA vs Paramore face off. As you’ve said, they are both further removed from your typical idea of what R&L is now but if QOTSA are still seen as being a relevant, suitable headliner, then Paramore are just as relevant and suitable. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would, yes. For sure. They’re a band that are well liked on here and regularly requested but I’m pretty sure they were widely viewed on here as being a band that don’t really fit with R&L anymore prior to this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m way glad they’re playing. 

I don’t disagree with most of what you’re saying but I do disagree that QOTSA have more name recognition with your average R&L goer in 2021 than Paramore do.

Whilst true that QOTSA have ties to a band like the Foo Fighters, Paramore aren’t an island with R&L goers. YUNGBLUD and Twenty One Pilots share a similar fan base. Both artists who have got huge slots at the last / this year’s festival. Paramore have a younger fan base in general and have benefited a lot from TikTok in terms of opening them up to a newer fan base. People can say ‘Oh it’s just TikTok’ etc. but it’s done wonders for artists and is a major tool in exposing people to music they haven’t heard before. 

When they return, there will be a tonne of hype surrounding them. They are still a massive, massive band. Look at the tour they did for After Laughter. 

You know, it’s not a QOTSA vs Paramore face off. As you’ve said, they are both further removed from your typical idea of what R&L is now but if QOTSA are still seen as being a relevant, suitable headliner, then Paramore are just as relevant and suitable. 

Fair points. I don't know that much about their presence on TikTok or if any current acts are namedropping them so I can't comment for those. Maybe they'll be bigger than ever. The impact remains to be seen.

I'm not saying it as if it's a face off, I was justifying why Queens still have a place as they always did. With Paramore, I'm calling it as I see it - they put out an album that didn't do as well as their previous ones, didn't headline their home festival and then went on hiatus shortly after. The two are different bands to different audiences and I don't think Queens headlining validates Paramore.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair points. I don't know that much about their presence on TikTok or if any current acts are namedropping them so I can't comment for those. Maybe they'll be bigger than ever. The impact remains to be seen.

I'm not saying it as if it's a face off, I was justifying why Queens still have a place as they always did. With Paramore, I'm calling it as I see it - they put out an album that didn't do as well as their previous ones, didn't headline their home festival and then went on hiatus shortly after. The two are different bands to different audiences and I don't think Queens headlining validates Paramore.

Pop punk in general is having a bit of a resurgence on TikTok and Paramore get a lot of love from the artists at the centre of it. MOD SUN, LilHuddy, KennyHoopla, Trippie Redd and artists like that are getting a lot of traction by putting out more pop punk influenced stuff (for the most part, I think it’s shit music). Travis Barker seems to be at the centre of a lot of these artists too which is only helping their exposure.

Coupled with artists like YUNGBLUD and MGK blowing up in recent times, pop punk seems to be on a bit of an upswing (even though I wouldn’t put YUNGBLUD in that bracket myself, he is popular with that crowd).

Like I said, I agree with much of what you’ve said about Queens but, like you, I’m justifying why Paramore are still a viable headliner option. What you’ve said about their last album and hiatus etc is true but absence makes the heart grow fonder; they’ll be just as big when they come back. Hayley has been mentioning them a lot more on Twitter over the last couple of months too which is cool to see. 

Personally, that one-two of QOTSA into Paramore in 2014 was the finest pair of co-headliners R&L has had. Amazing few hours of music. 

Edited by Andre91

FINAL LINEUP PREDICTION FOR TOMORROW: 

MSE: Stormzy / Megan Thee Stallion / Mabel / Tom Grennan / Sports Team 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Nothing But Thieves  / You Me At Six / Pale Waves / Nova Twins 

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / Boston Manor

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / Declan McKenna / Hot Milk

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / Twin Atlantic / KSI

MSW: Queens Of The Stone Age / YUNGBLUD / The Vaccines / The Hunna / Bloxx

R1: (closing set: Bicep Live) AJ Tracey, Sam Fender, Enter Shikari 

Dance: MK, Solardo, Crucast

Pit/Lockup: Gallows, FEVER 333, Neck Deep

1Xtra: Jack Harlow, M Huncho, Bad Boy Chiller Crew

FR: Maximo Park, beabadoobee, Girl In Red

Updated 2022 lineup after learning of the 7 acts per Main Stage format yesterday. Also, with them having an all-female FR day, I can see them trying to do that on one of the Main Stages next year so that’s what I’ve done with the Dua Lipa day. 

MSE: Paramore / Don Broco / Charli XCX / iann dior / Pale Waves / The Chats / Holding Absence

MSW: Foals / Blossoms / Rex Orange County / Circa Waves / Jay1 / The Faim / Inhaler

MSE: Royal Blood / Lewis Capaldi / DMA’s / The Amazons / Sundara Karma / nothing, nowhere / cleopatrick

MSE: Dua Lipa / Doja Cat / CHVRCHES / Little Simz / Poppy / Maddison Beer / Nova Twins 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / IDLES / While She Sleeps / Dinosaur Pile-Up / IAMDDB / P7GS

MSW: Dave / Headie One / Fontaines D.C. / Fredo / 100 gecs / blackbear / Press Club 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Updated 2022 lineup after learning of the 7 acts per Main Stage format yesterday. Also, with them having an all-female FR day, I can see them trying to do that on one of the Main Stages next year so that’s what I’ve done with the Dua Lipa day. 

MSE: Paramore / Don Broco / Charli XCX / iann dior / Pale Waves / The Chats / Holding Absence

MSW: Foals / Blossoms / Rex Orange County / Circa Waves / Jay1 / The Faim / Inhaler

MSE: Royal Blood / Lewis Capaldi / DMA’s / The Amazons / Sundara Karma / nothing, nowhere / cleopatrick

MSE: Dua Lipa / Doja Cat / CHVRCHES / Little Simz / Poppy / Maddison Beer / Nova Twins 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / IDLES / While She Sleeps / Dinosaur Pile-Up / IAMDDB / P7GS

MSW: Dave / Headie One / Fontaines D.C. / Fredo / 100 gecs / blackbear / Press Club 

There is not a cat in hells chance that Royal Blood play the main one of the stage with Dua Lipa second. She will get a bigger crowd there than RB ever will. Also you have Lewis Capaldi below RB, who will also outsell them. 

15 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is not a cat in hells chance that Royal Blood play the main one of the stage with Dua Lipa second. She will get a bigger crowd there than RB ever will. Also you have Lewis Capaldi below RB, who will also outsell them. 

Royal Blood’s tour they announced this week says ‘Hi’ 🙂 

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I agree with swapping Royal Blood and Dua Lipa over, but Capaldi is never a headliner even if he’s bigger

@Andre91 looks incredible mate, praying for something like that

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood’s tour they announced this week says ‘Hi’ 🙂 

I don't know what you mean by that? Are you trying to say Capaldi couldn't announce a tour like that? Capaldi has sold out The 02 Arena twice with ease already. He's not playing under RB.

I don't use spotify myself to that extent but look at the number comparison between the two, RB are nowhere near as big.

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I agree with swapping Royal Blood and Dua Lipa over, but Capaldi is never a headliner even if he’s bigger

@Andre91 looks incredible mate, praying for something like that

By that point next year he will be.