The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

5 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh she’d be absolutely brilliant don’t get me wrong but I agree, I don’t think she’d fit in at Reading 

Where Capaldi is also slow and sad, he has smashed the mainstream in the Uk, I don’t think Phoebe has unfortunately 

Can just imagine how good she'd be in the tent or as the sun is setting - excited for her to announce a tour

17 hours ago, stanh said:

Bored and had nothing else to do, so added some acts I'd like to see on the next lineup instalment, if somehow this years festival can magically go ahead... Acts in bold are new additions to what has previously been announced for this year. This is as if the festival does go ahead with usual style (obviously taking into account Main Stage East and West) hence the predictions for the Radio 1 Stage.

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Easy Life

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Megan Thee Stallion / AJ Tracey / Jack Harlow / Nova Twins 

R1: Fontaines D.C /  Pheobe Bridgers / 24k Goldn

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / beabadoobee 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / The Kid Laroi / Benee

Looks really quite decent, only thing I'd say is similar to others about Pheobe being more destined towards Glastonbury, IOW, Latitude etc... And also I reckon if The Kid Laroi was booked he'd booked a larger slot - below I've changed his slot and also added Lil Mosey, I could also maybe see AJR and Coin being booked too (maybe for R1?)

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Easy Life

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / Megan Thee Stallion / AJ Tracey / Jack Harlow / Nova Twins 

R1: Fontaines D.C / The Kid Laroi / 24k Goldn

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / Lil Mosey / Benee

Gone have a stab for 2022, based on the two main stages continuing and this year going ahead:

MSW: Royal Blood // Sam Fender // Machine Gun Kelly

MSE: Dave // Blossoms // Fontaines D.C

MSW: Travis Scott // Rex Orange County // Don Broco 

MSE: Biffy Clyro // Idles // DMA's

MSW: Muse // Courteeners // You Me At Six

MSE: Billie Eilish // D Block Europe // Fredo

5 hours ago, Dukey said:

Gone have a stab for 2022, based on the two main stages continuing and this year going ahead:

MSW: Royal Blood // Sam Fender // Machine Gun Kelly

MSE: Dave // Blossoms // Fontaines D.C

MSW: Travis Scott // Rex Orange County // Don Broco 

MSE: Biffy Clyro // Idles // DMA's

MSW: Muse // Courteeners // You Me At Six

MSE: Billie Eilish // D Block Europe // Fredo

Reckon you swap Billie Eilish and Royal Blood

Kind of working on the idea that one main stage will be dedicated to rock/indie with the other being more pop/rap. I know that’s not really what they’ve done this year but I can see them trying it.

This is presuming this year goes ahead.

MSE: Royal Blood // Wolf Alice // Slaves

MSW: Travis Scott // Slowthai // KSI

MSE: Courteeners // Blossoms // Circa Waves

MSW: Dave // Special guests: The Streets // Roddy Rich

MSE: Foals // Machine Gun Kelly // Don Broco

MSW: Billie Eilish // Megan Thee Stallion // Jax Jones (live)

Edited by TKOCF

• 3 weeks later...

Reading & Leeds 2022

MSE: Paramore / Machine Gun Kelly / Sam Fender / Pale Waves / Holding Absence 

MSW: Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Sports Team / Inhaler 

MSE: Billie Eilish / A$AP Rocky / Nothing But Thieves / Fredo / Sea Girls 

MSW: Dave / Bastille / Headie One / Creeper / Vukovi 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / All Time Low / Fontaines D.C. / Scarlxrd

MSW: Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Declan McKenna / Trippie Redd / Bloxx 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Reading & Leeds 2022

MSE: Paramore / Machine Gun Kelly / Sam Fender / Pale Waves / Holding Absence 

MSW: Courteeners / IDLES / Slowthai / Sports Team / Inhaler 

MSE: Billie Eilish / A$AP Rocky / Nothing But Thieves / Fredo / Sea Girls 

MSW: Dave / Bastille / Headie One / Creeper / Vukovi 

MSE: Rage Against The Machine / Run The Jewels / All Time Low / Fontaines D.C. / Scarlxrd

MSW: Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Declan McKenna / Trippie Redd / Bloxx 

Don't think Machine Gun Kelly would sub, third down at best. You could definitely swap him and Sam Fender round.

Think A$AP Rocky would be a headliner, he's surely as big as Catfish/Disclosure.

Rest looks pretty realistic.

13 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think Machine Gun Kelly would sub, third down at best. You could definitely swap him and Sam Fender round.

Think A$AP Rocky would be a headliner, he's surely as big as Catfish/Disclosure.

Rest looks pretty realistic.

My counter to the MGK point is that we wouldn’t have foreseen YUNGBLUD subbing a Main Stage this year but it looks like that’s the case. MGK’s album last year has properly blown up in America and I think him subbing is definitely realistic. 

Yeah, A$AP is a weird one. I would personally have him as a headliner but I think he’d probably sub as he has faded a bit compared to how big he was pre-TESTING. I love the guy and was gutted when he pulled out on the day in 2016, so I’d just like to see him on the bill. 

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My counter to the MGK point is that we wouldn’t have foreseen YUNGBLUD subbing a Main Stage this year but it looks like that’s the case. MGK’s album last year has properly blown up in America and I think him subbing is definitely realistic.

Eh I think you could foresee Yungblud's blowup over here a lot more than I can see MGK suddenly increasing in popularity now. He's already pretty established, and his album blowing up in America means fuck all over here. Like I said, Sam Fender would definitely get a better slot than MGK here, so swapping them round would be a lot more realistic imo.

19 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, A$AP is a weird one. I would personally have him as a headliner but I think he’d probably sub as he has faded a bit compared to how big he was pre-TESTING. I love the guy and was gutted when he pulled out on the day in 2016, so I’d just like to see him on the bill. 

Just think when you look at the subs for this year, A$AP is clearly leagues above them all. Think he'd be a headliner or nothing, especially now there's gonna be 6 headliners every year.

On 10/15/2016 at 2:47 PM, dentalplan said:

Seeing as I was the only one without Kasabian on my prediction I've updated mine. Did a poster because I'd be basically writing out all the same names again. I'm not very good at Photoshop so don't laugh.

http://i.imgur.com/JZCibUP.png

I’ve been getting into Death Grips recently and just searched ‘Death Grips Reading Festival’ on Google to see if they had played R&L since I’ve been going (I don’t think they have?) and this poster came up as the second image on the search and what a lineup @dentalplan. Four and a half years later but, hey, good shit. 

Edited by Andre91

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve been getting into Death Grips recently and just searched ‘Death Grips Reading Festival’ on Google to see if they had played R&L since I’ve been going (I don’t think they have?) and this poster came up as the second image on the search and what a lineup @dentalplan. Four and a half years later but, hey, good shit. 

This is a trip haha.

They haven't played, no. I think they were playing a bunch of European festivals around R+L that year though and... nothing! 😞

Wonder if Cowboy Mess are still together.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

If the festival has to ‘go British’, which I don’t think it will, I’ve jigged the lineup around a little to take out the acts who aren’t UK based (as far as I know): 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Sea Girls 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Pale Waves / Nova Twins 

MSE: Biffy Clyro / Two Door Cinema Club / The Streets / The Amazons / beabadoobee

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / Nothing But Thieves / Fredo / Holding Absence 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Slowthai / Declan McKenna / KSI

MSW: Bring Me The Horizon / YUNGBLUD / You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If the festival has to ‘go British’, which I don’t think it will, I’ve jigged the lineup around a little to take out the acts who aren’t UK based (as far as I know): 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Sea Girls 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Pale Waves / Nova Twins 

MSE: Biffy Clyro / Two Door Cinema Club / The Streets / The Amazons / beabadoobee

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / Nothing But Thieves / Fredo / Holding Absence 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Slowthai / Declan McKenna / KSI

MSW: Bring Me The Horizon / YUNGBLUD / You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

Be surprised if BMTH played as they're advertising their UK tour as their only UK dates in 2021 so maybe swap them with someone (Royal Blood?).

I was thinking about this and there isn't a massive pool of UK headliners/sub headliners (who could bump up) who may be around, these are the ones I could think of:

Dave, Muse, BMTH (uk tour), Foals, Dua Lipa (based in LA?), Florence & the Machine, Arctics (no chance), Courteeners, The 1975 (played 2019), Royal Blood and Mumford & Sons....

Not sure why but I still think they'll bump Capaldi up into Postys slot, bring either Foals or Biffy in for Queens and then Sam Fender or someone under Stormzy. 

Or Dave straight in. Like the suggestion of Florence but its just not a booking I see. Bastille have to be a shout, R&L seem to love them.

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Not sure why but I still think they'll bump Capaldi up into Postys slot, bring either Foals or Biffy in for Queens and then Sam Fender or someone under Stormzy. 

Or Dave straight in. Like the suggestion of Florence but its just not a booking I see. Bastille have to be a shout, R&L seem to love them.

Bastille simply aren’t big enough to headline, even if there were 10 headliners. 

Now the excitement has kicked in for August, here’s how I’m expecting the Main Stages to flesh out and line up: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Sea Girls 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons / Twin Atlantic (Special Guest Opener) 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / Slowthai / / KSI

MSW: Queens Of The Stone Age / YUNGBLUD / You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

I would love for Architects to sub QOTSA but I don’t think Yungblud will drop any lower. YMAS seem likely as hell too so I’ve gone with them. 

Edited by Andre91