The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

MS: DUA LIPA/THE WEEKEND, Nothing But Thevies, Brockhampton, Pale Waves, R1: The Vaccines DS: Caribou Pit: Rise Against FR: Shame R1X: Example 

MS: ARCTIC MONKEYS, Dave, Wolf Alice, Mac Demarco, DMA'S R1: SlowThai DS: Sub Focus LU: Alkaline Trio FR: Feeder R1X: Hardy Caprio 

MS: MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, Haim, Parkway Drive, Idles, Creeper R1: Chase & Status DS: Carl Cox Pit: Carpenter Brut FR: Death From Above 1979 R1X: Cypress Hill 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Including the acts announced this evening: 

MSE: Stormzy / DaBaby / Doja Cat / Tom Grennan / KSI 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / Mabel / Fontaines D.C. / Beabadoobee

MSE: Post Malone / Lewis Capaldi / Nothing But Thieves / Charli XCX / Sea Girls 

MSW: Disclosure / AJ Tracey / Sam Fender / Sigrid / YONAKA

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club  / DMA’s / Jack Harlow / The Chats 

MSW: Queens Of The Stone Age / YUNGBLUD / Slowthai / Neck Deep / Sports Team

I'm thinking something like this. 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Doja Cat / Mabel / KSI
MSW: Catfish & the Bottlemen / Gerry Cinnamon / Sam Fender / Sea Girls / Jack Harlow

MSE: Post Malone / Yungblud / Idles / Charli XCX / Sigrid
MSW: Disclosure / Courteeners / DaBaby / Neck Deep / Beabadoobee

MSE: Liam Gallagher / AJ Tracey / Fontaines DC / Slowthai / Sports Team
MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / Two Door Cinema Club / All Time Low / Tom Grennan / The Subways

• 5 weeks later...

unannounced act in bold:

Fri:

MS: Liam Gallagher / QOTSA / Gerry Cinnamon / Yungblud / Charli XCX / AitchSlowthai / Neck Deep / BLOXX

R1: Rex Orange County / D-Block Europe / 100 Gecs

Dance: Crucast

Pit: Sleeping With Sirens

FR: Girl in Red

1Xtra: KSI

Sat:

MS: Stormzy / CATB / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Mabel / Ashnikko / MoStack / As It Is / Jack Harlow 

R1: Sam Fender / Headie One / The Hunna

Dance: MK

Pit: Gallows

FR: Sports Team

1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Sun:

MS: Post Malone / Disclosure / TDCC / The Wombats / Doja Cat / DaBaby / Sigrid / Lady Leshurr / The Subways

R1: IDLES / Dermot Kennedy / Mahalia

Dance: Solardo

Pit: Fever 333

FR: beebadoobee

1Xtra: M Huncho

On 10/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

unannounced act in bold:

Fri:

MS: Liam Gallagher / QOTSA / Gerry Cinnamon / Yungblud / Charli XCX / AitchSlowthai / Neck Deep / BLOXX

R1: Rex Orange County / D-Block Europe / 100 Gecs

Dance: Crucast

Pit: Sleeping With Sirens

FR: Girl in Red

1Xtra: KSI

Sat:

MS: Stormzy / CATB / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Mabel / Ashnikko / MoStack / As It Is / Jack Harlow 

R1: Sam Fender / Headie One / The Hunna

Dance: MK

Pit: Gallows

FR: Sports Team

1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Sun:

MS: Post Malone / Disclosure / TDCC / The Wombats / Doja Cat / DaBaby / Sigrid / Lady Leshurr / The Subways

R1: IDLES / Dermot Kennedy / Mahalia

Dance: Solardo

Pit: Fever 333

FR: beebadoobee

1Xtra: M Huncho

Denzel surely isn't staying on 1xtra, i'd probably put gecs as FR headline too honestly or would need to be earlier than that on the R1. KSI probs too big for the 1xtra too, i think even R1 would be around Brockhampton level busy depending on the clash

On 10/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, stanh said:

sorry if ive missed something, but i dont think rex orange county has been announced? 

yeah my bad, accidentally bolded him but hopefully we see him back regardless, one of the highlights of this years line-up

On 10/8/2020 at 1:44 PM, gfa said:

Denzel surely isn't staying on 1xtra, i'd probably put gecs as FR headline too honestly or would need to be earlier than that on the R1. KSI probs too big for the 1xtra too, i think even R1 would be around Brockhampton level busy depending on the clash

i usually over estimate denzels popularity because i'm a huge fan but he's not done anything to increase his popularity since being announced for the 1Xtra this year

i'm not too caught up with gecs popularity, they seem to be huge in the states but i wasn't too sure how they'd fair over here.

KSI headlining a stage would split the crowds i assume seeing as a lot of people have him in the category of 'i'd see him if he didn't clash' so if he was up against bigger artists it could cause his crowd to be smaller; could see him opening main stage though

On 10/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

i usually over estimate denzels popularity because i'm a huge fan but he's not done anything to increase his popularity since being announced for the 1Xtra this year

i'm not too caught up with gecs popularity, they seem to be huge in the states but i wasn't too sure how they'd fair over here.

KSI headlining a stage would split the crowds i assume seeing as a lot of people have him in the category of 'i'd see him if he didn't clash' so if he was up against bigger artists it could cause his crowd to be smaller; could see him opening main stage though

Not sure for gecs, a fair amount of people I know listen to them but they are incredibly 'marmite' so very hard to say. denzel was too big for 1xtra last year and has only got bigger.

I think theres no reason to not put KSI on main, lots of people will be annoyed about the clash i'd have thought so may as well let them. He will definitely have guests that are probably bigger than him too

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, stanh said:

the context behind that is that it's supposed to be a slight festival rebrand... but, cheers - taken that on board!! :))

It reminds me of a rocket lolly too much :P 

I don’t think the lineup posters need to much of a shake up as the yellow is pretty iconic (just make them vertical!). I do think, however, that R&L should just go for the yellow they have at Leeds for the stage at Reading too. Personally, I find the yellow far easier on the eye than giant blocks of red. Yellow has more positive connotations too, such as summer and sunshine. 

Edited by Andre91

15 hours ago, stanh said:

As much as this ISNT a prediction (this some coursework), if you guys have any constructive criticism on this please let me know (OTHER than the lineup and artist positioning on the poster). Cheers!!

F9C9EE08-7CBB-4C5C-92B3-4E3543762EC4_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.55fd0061f68177324ee2b4cdc4ae2d69.jpeg

Unfortunately it’s really annoying me that the ones in small at the bottom are nowhere near alphabetical order 

• 2 months later...

Just had a go at the two Main Stages. I think I’ve placed some acts like Slowthai too low: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Sea Girls 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Pale Waves / Nova Twins 

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / beabadoobee 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / Slowthai / YONAKA

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / Declan McKenna / KSI 

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / YUNGBLUD / You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, Andre91 said:

Just had a go at the two Main Stages. I think I’ve placed some acts like Slowthai too low: 

MSE: Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / Mabel / Sports Team / Sea Girls 

MSW: Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Libertines / AJ Tracey / Pale Waves / Nova Twins 

MSE: Post Malone / Two Door Cinema Club / Doja Cat / Sigrid / beabadoobee 

MSW: Disclosure / The Wombats / DaBaby / Slowthai / YONAKA

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Charli XCX / Declan McKenna / KSI 

MSW: Queens of the Stone Age / YUNGBLUD / You Me At Six / Neck Deep / Bloxx 

What about the smaller stages? I'm thinking Neck Deep as the headliner against Gallagher would make sense.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

What about the smaller stages? I'm thinking Neck Deep as the headliner against Gallagher would make sense.

I think Neck Deep will play Main Stage again after headlining the tent last time. Fever 333 and Gallows are surely two headliners for the ‘alternative’ stage (I’m not sure if it’s still called Lockup/Pit) that have been carried over. 

Crucast, Solardo and MK for Dance Stage headliners? 

Jack Harlow for 1Xtra, maybe? 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think Neck Deep will play Main Stage again after headlining the tent last time. Fever 333 and Gallows are surely two headliners for the ‘alternative’ stage (I’m not sure if it’s still called Lockup/Pit) that have been carried over. 

Crucast, Solardo and MK for Dance Stage headliners? 

Jack Harlow for 1Xtra, maybe? 

100gecs against Post Malone pleaseeeeeee

11 minutes ago, Dukey said:

She's absolutely amazing and one would be so good in the tent. Think she leans more towards Glastonbury/Isle of Wight sadly...

Yh she’d be absolutely brilliant don’t get me wrong but I agree, I don’t think she’d fit in at Reading 

Where Capaldi is also slow and sad, he has smashed the mainstream in the Uk, I don’t think Phoebe has unfortunately