The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Earlier Courteeners were below Liam lol. Do not see The Strokes outright headlining, if they aren't doing it on their reunion year then why would they now?, they also got booked for APE which is not outright headlining.

Courteeners wasn’t a serious suggestion. More of a worst case scenario. 

The Strokes are a headliner. What reunion, though? They never split up. 

Edited by Andre91

Liam Gallagher/ Two Door Cinema Club/ Wolf Alice/ Sam Fender/ DMA'S/ The Hives/ Pale Waves/ Metz/ Yonaka

R1: Chase & Status/Glass Animals/The Comet Is Coming DS: Sub Focus LU: New Foung Glory/ Trash Boat FR: Feeder /Shame R1X: Hardy Caprio 

Slipknot/ Pendulum / Parkway Drive/Slaves/Denzel Curry/ Ghostemane/State Champs/Ho9909/Blood Youth 

R1: Rudimental/Plan B/ Sea Girls   DS: Pete Tong Pit: Death Grips/Carpenter Brut FR: Rat Boy/The Skints R1X: Example 

Travis Scott & Bring Me The Horizon/ Run The Jewels/ Brockhampton/ Madness/ Creeper/ Scarlxrd/ Inhaler/ Wallows 

R1: Idles, SlowThai, My Nu Leng DS: Hannah Wants Pit: Creeper/ Employed To Serve FR: Dream Wife/Muncie Girls R1X: Cypress Hill

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Courteeners wasn’t a serious suggestion. More of a worst case scenario. 

The Strokes are a headliner. What reunion, though? They never split up. 

Well it should be, they aren't playing anywhere else at Reading other than sub and I can't think of much better sub options for that day than them.....day tickets would fly.

2011 The Strokes co-headlined the same year they subbed TITP 2nd year and after they had done Rockness the previous year. Okay, returned if we're going to be pedantic about it, they were inactive for long enough that it was considered they may not. If they didn't get the outright gig that year when their comeback was huge then I doubt they will now. Hell Pulp didn't get it!

EZ0UoYV.png

Could swap TDCC over to Courteeners slot then put Vampire Weekend in two door's place. Not sure but I just wanted to throw in a few new names. Maybe Rex is too high not sure I originally had him as R1 which he'd kill so its a similar slot? 

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Slipknot are way above co-headlining.

Especially when you look at the other two headliners!

I'd be into the one posted by dum surfer - I've not seen enough NME headliners over my Readings but I'd definitely be there Friday and Saturday.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, gfa said:

EZ0UoYV.png

Could swap TDCC over to Courteeners slot then put Vampire Weekend in two door's place. Not sure but I just wanted to throw in a few new names. Maybe Rex is too high not sure I originally had him as R1 which he'd kill so its a similar slot? 

Personally think this would be incredible!

Right it's been a while. Again, I've not put *loads* of thought into this I just find these fun to make. Tried to make it as realistic as I can, a few placings may be off though. The main one being Catfish as a sub, purely playing with that idea because we had Royal Blood do it this year who I'd say are a similar size.

Main: Liam Gallagher//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Wolf Alice//Slowthai//Glass Animals/Declan McKenna//Young T & Bugsey//Wallows//Citizen

R1:J Hus//21 Savage//Cigarettes After Sex//Fontaines D.C//Joey Bada$$//Fever 333

Da: Disciples//Patrick Topping Pit: New Found Glory//Zebrahead FR: The S.L.P.//Skegss 1X: Chip//JAY1

Main: Travis Scott//Bring Me The Horizon (Co-head)//Tyler, The Creator//Jamie T//Loyle Carner//Marmozets//Tonight Alive//As It Is//Vukovi

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club//Rex Orange County//Aitch//Mahalia//Tom Grennan//Rejjie Snow

Da: SHY FX//Drumsound & Bassline Smith Pit: blessthefall//The Front Bottoms FR: Shame//Drenge 1X: Mist//Avelino

Main: My Chemical Romance//Vampire Weekend//Sam Fender//Idles//Bullet For My Valentine//While She Sleeps//Denzel Curry//SAINT PHNX//Vistas

R1: Chase & Status (DJ Closing Set)//Run The Jewels//Architects//Neck Deep//JME//Schoolboy Q//Real Friends

Da: My Nu Leng//Dennis Ferrer Pit: Funeral For A Friend//Creeper FR: Easy Life//Sim Deep 1X: Lil Tecca// Geko

Edited by TheWaters

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Right it's been a while. Again, I've not put *loads* of thought into this I just find these fun to make. Tried to make it as realistic as I can, a few placings may be off though. The main one being Catfish as a sub, purely playing with that idea because we had Royal Blood do it this year who I'd say are a similar size.

Main: Liam Gallagher//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Wolf Alice//Slowthai//Glass Animals/Declan McKenna//Young T & Bugsey//Wallows//Citizen

R1:J Hus//21 Savage//Cigarettes After Sex//Fontaines D.C//Joey Bada$$//Fever 333

Da: Disciples//Patrick Topping Pit: New Found Glory//Zebrahead FR: The S.L.P.//Skegss 1X: Chip//JAY1

Main: Travis Scott//Bring Me The Horizon (Co-head)//Tyler, The Creator//Jamie T//Loyle Carner//Marmozets//Tonight Alive//As It Is//Vukovi

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club//Rex Orange County//Aitch//Mahalia//Tom Grennan//Rejjie Snow

Da: SHY FX//Drumsound & Bassline Smith Pit: blessthefall//The Front Bottoms FR: Shame//Drenge 1X: Mist//Avelino

Main: My Chemical Romance//Vampire Weekend//Sam Fender//Idles//Bullet For My Valentine//While She Sleeps//Denzel Curry//SAINT PHNX//Vistas

R1: Chase & Status (DJ Closing Set)//Run The Jewels//Architects//Neck Deep//JME//Schoolboy Q//Real Friends

Da: My Nu Leng//Dennis Ferrer Pit: Funeral For A Friend//Creeper FR: Easy Life//Sim Deep 1X: Lil Tecca// Geko

Really love this line up absolute quality. 

• Like 1

Made a couple small changes and shoved it into a posted the best I could (ignore the dates I used the 2017 announcement template). Tried to sort the alignment but couldn't lmao. Tried to do it in the style of the top line being a few bigger acts then the rest being alphabetical. Just picked some other big slots I'd predicted and thrown some other acts I think will appear somewhere in there.

image.thumb.png.15fe9b17e980e02438274949493b9274.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bring Me The Horizon + Travis Scott / Wolf Alice / Good Charlotte / Bullet For My Valentine / Denzel Curry / Ghostemane / Knocked Loose / Dream State

Rex Orange County / Sigrid 

Liam Gallagher / Skepta / Sam Fender / Slaves / Aitch / DMA’s / The Regrettes / Sea Girls / The Blinders 

BROCKHAMPTON / Little Simz 

Stormzy / Lizzo / IDLES / Glass Animals / Slowthai / Fontaines D.C. / The Faim / Ho99o9 / YONAKA 

Bombay Bicycle Club / The S.L.P. 

I’d would have completely counted Stormzy out because of his tour being so close to R&L but I would have also thought that Liam Gallagher would have no chance of headlining because of the amount of shows he’s doing. Stormzy is a massive ticket shifter and maybe they’re hard pushed for headliners next year, which is why they’ve perhaps got two who are already playing everywhere. 

If Stormzy is ruled out, move Travis Scott to headline that day and have Biffy Clyro co-headlining with BMTH. 

Edited by Andre91

TRAVIS SCOTT, BRING ME THE HORIZON, Halsey, Lil Nas X, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry
R1: Bicep LIVE, Rex Orange County, Declan McKenna, Megan Thee Stallion
Da: DJ EZ // Pit: Creeper // FR: Drenge // 1xtra: Example

LIAM GALLAGHER, Two Door Cinema Club, AJ Tracey, Sigrid, DMA's, Aitch
R1: J Hus, D-Block Europe, Mahalia, Dominic Fike
Da: Sigala // Pit: Skindred // FR: Amber Run // 1xtra: Lil Tecca

BIFFY CLYRO, BLINK-182, Wolf Alice, Idles, Neck Deep, Slowthai
R1: Sam Fender, Yungblud, Burna Boy, Little Simz
Da: Peggy Gou // LU: The All-American Rejects // FR: Rat Boy // 1xtra: Mist

• Like 1

Stormzy/ Wolf Alice/ Sam Fender/ Haim/  Glass Animals/ Denzel Curry/ Fontaines D.C./ Broncho

IDLES/ Slowthai/ Yonaka

Liam Gallagher/ Catfish & The Bottlemen/ Gerry Cinnamon/ Slaves/ The Hives/ Charli XCX/ The Rapture/ Shame

Tyler, The Creator/ grimes/  Yungblud

Biffy Clyro + Bring Me The Horizon/ Run The Jewels/ Halsey/  Incubus/ While She Sleeps/  Fever 333/ Cleopatrick

Justice/ Frank Ocean/ The Murder Capital

Probably wide off the mark and completely wrong but I'd be fair happy with that line up

Edited by FUNKYBUDDHA86

• 3 weeks later...

Travis Scott + Bring Me The Horizon / Architects / Halsey / Bullet For My Valentine / Denzel Curry / FEVER 333 / Ho99o9 / Dream State 

Bombay Bicycle Club / The S.L.P. 

Liam Gallagher / Skepta / Sam Fender / Slaves / Aitch / DMA’s / The Regrettes / Sea Girls / The Blinders 

BROCKHAMPTON / Little Simz 

The Strokes / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES / Slowthai / Fontaines D.C. / Pale Waves / I Prevail / YONAKA / Gengahr 

Chase & Status Return II Jungle (closing set) / Rex Orange County / JPEGMAFIA

Edited by Andre91