The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Let's have a go at this then

STORMZY//Two Door Cinema Club//Giggs//All Time Low//The Neighbourhood//Sam Fender//Marmozets

R1: Bombay Bicycle Club//Idles//Octavian//blackbear//Fontaine's D.C.//Lil Tecca

Da: Disciples Pit: The All American Rejects FR: White Lies 1Xtra: Kano

FOALS//FLORENCE + THE MACHINE//Vampire Weekend//Brockhampton//Slowthai//The Amazons//Blaenavon

R1: Lorde//Everything Everything//Neck Deep//Big Sean//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//J.I.D.

Da: Peggy Gou Pit: Sleeping With Sirens FR: Klaxons 1Xtra: Rich Brian

GREEN DAY//Tyler, The Creator//The Vaccines//Architects//Loyle Carner//Bullet For My Valentine//Fever 333

R1: Chase & Status (RTRN II JUNGLE Closing Set)//The Streets//Don Broco//21 Savage//Dominic Fike//Sticky Fingers//Rejjie Snow

Da: SHY FX Pit: Andrew W.K. FR: Declan McKenna 1Xtra: Denzel Curry

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

STORMZY//Two Door Cinema Club//Giggs//All Time Low//The Neighbourhood//Sam Fender//Marmozets

FOALS//FLORENCE + THE MACHINE//Vampire Weekend//Brockhampton//Slowthai//The Amazons//Blaenavon

R1: Lorde//Everything Everything//Neck Deep//Big Sean//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//J.I.D.

GREEN DAY//Tyler, The Creator//The Vaccines//Architects//Loyle Carner//Bullet For My Valentine//Fever 333

R1: Chase & Status (RTRN II JUNGLE Closing Set)//The Streets//Don Broco//21 Savage//Dominic Fike//Sticky Fingers//Rejjie Snow

That Saturday is lovely

47 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

As much as she deserves to play R/L, Florence is taking a break for a while..

18 minutes ago, Goer190 said:

Really don't get how Florence hasn't headlined R&L yet, seems like such a logical booking.

I think that's the artist's choice. She didn't wanna do it in 2015 and chose only to do Glasto, and I think she's rejected TITP and more recently TRNSMT as well. I don't think she really suits R+L anymore - definitely not the last album.

Everyone else is doing it. 

Slipknot / Architects / Don Broco / Babymetal / Neck Deep / Denzel Curry / Knocked Loose / YONAKA / Holding Absence 

J Hus / Octavian / MØ

The Strokes / Two Door Cinema Club / Giggs / The Neighbourhood / Slowthai / Fontaines D.C. / The Regrettes / The Blinders / The S.L.P. (Special Guest Opener)

Kygo / Little Simz / Kano 

Stormzy / Tyler, The Creator / IDLES / Loyle Carner / Pale Waves / Aitch / As It Is / The Faim / Sea Girls 

Bombay Bicycle Club / DMA’s / Miles Kane 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't get why that would happen. It would effectively ruin a good thing R+L have where they get Courteeners fans through the gates every two years because they can't exactly headline every two years. And for what? To impress the fans that were coming anyway?

Tbh I was imagining Kasabian closing both sites and having a longer set than Courteeners anyway (similar to Biffy/FOB in 2016) so i guess it just comes down to whether they'd promote that as a coheadline or not. I could see it happening though, realistically them returning every two years can't go on forever and they've been getting a bump up every time they return to the festival so the next logical step would be to coheadline. I'm sure they'd be able to justify them returning in 2/3 years as a coheadline again if they wanted - they did it with FOB and Biffy. R&L have a tendency to have a 'wtf' headliner every couple of years so I was attempting to predict what that would be... stranger things have happened.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't really see ROC being higher up the bill than Everything Everything.

ROC will surely have a major label debut by the time of the next festival. The fact that he's the size he is already without one is pretty mad, so I think R1 headliner will be pretty feasible come next year.

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Tbh I was imagining Kasabian closing both sites and having a longer set than Courteeners anyway (similar to Biffy/FOB in 2016) so i guess it just comes down to whether they'd promote that as a coheadline or not. I could see it happening though, realistically them returning every two years can't go on forever and they've been getting a bump up every time they return to the festival so the next logical step would be to coheadline. I'm sure they'd be able to justify them returning in 2/3 years as a coheadline again if they wanted - they did it with FOB and Biffy. R&L have a tendency to have a 'wtf' headliner every couple of years so I was attempting to predict what that would be... stranger things have happened.

ROC will surely have a major label debut by the time of the next festival. The fact that he's the size he is already without one is pretty mad, so I think R1 headliner will be pretty feasible come next year.

Fair on Rex - I realised after posting that R1 headliner isn’t that barmy a shout and EE are probably gonna be about R1 sub so it does work.

Maintain that Courteeners being given a headline slot benefits no one. In addition to what I posted before, what happens to their slots at other festivals? Because nowhere else of a comparable size is gonna have them headline. They play Glastonbury every two years too and I dunno what would happen to that if they became a headliner. It’s a bit like Biffy in a way as they built a massive following off playing loads of festivals and then has to step it down significantly when they became a headliner - but Biffy could actually headline other shit.

Another thing about Courteeners headlining is how it’d look internationally. It’d be like Mad Cool having a headliner that doesn’t tour outside of Spain.

I’m gonna stop going on about this now but yes, let it be known that I don’t think it will happen.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maintain that Courteeners being given a headline slot benefits no one. In addition to what I posted before, what happens to their slots at other festivals? Because nowhere else of a comparable size is gonna have them headline. They play Glastonbury every two years too and I dunno what would happen to that if they became a headliner. It’s a bit like Biffy in a way as they built a massive following off playing loads of festivals and then has to step it down significantly when they became a headliner - but Biffy could actually headline other shit.

Another thing about Courteeners headlining is how it’d look internationally. It’d be like Mad Cool having a headliner that doesn’t tour outside of Spain.

I’m gonna stop going on about this now but yes, let it be known that I don’t think it will happen.

I could see them headlining TRNSMT. Tbh I don't think it would affect their placings at other festivals too much - I'm sure they'd know they're lucky to get the gig so they're not gonna start demanding a headline slot at Glasto. It'd be basically the same slot they played in 2018 anyway - just a glorified sub. I just think if they're wanting to get Courteeners to play again, they're not gonna go down the path of having them as a regular sub every 2 years - R&L never do stuff like that nowadays.

Regarding how it'd look internationally, fair enough. But they're appealing to a British audience, so as long as they think it can sell it wouldn't matter too much I don't think. I know this isn't a perfect comparison, but it's probably not a million miles away from how The Libertines were perceived internationally when they headlined in 2015.

Edit - also want to reiterate that I've got them coheadlining with Kasabian, who could obviously headline outright anyway - it's not like they'd be propping up a weak headliner. Reason I've put Kasabian as a coheadline is because it'd be a quicker than normal return for them if they do play next year - like i said in earlier posts it'd be like the Biffy/FOB situation in 2016.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

1047976142_Screenshot2019-09-13at16_21_27.thumb.png.fa5df48818fd4610b61039680602a561.png

Don't think Slipknot would have such a pop undercard. Dunno about RTJ subbing either, or Stormzy being a coheadliner. The rest seems fair enough, although I reckon there's too many acts in the same/similar spots to what they played last time.

Love the design.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think Slipknot would have such a pop undercard. Dunno about RTJ subbing either, or Stormzy being a coheadliner. The rest seems fair enough, although I reckon there's too many acts in the same/similar spots to what they played last time.

Love the design.

I toyed with Die Antwoord beneath Slipknot, but thought it might be a bit samey with Download. I wanted Tame Impala involvement and Stormzy made the most sense as a co-headline from the other three. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gonna regret asking this but... who subs?

Would only be five minutes less than if they headline. Suck it up!

I’m really not sure. If they can get them to play the slot, BMTH would be an excellent sub for them. Failing that, I could see them going for a hip hop sub who has some cred with rock fans, someone like Tyler or at a push RTJ. The rest of the day could be more rock orientated. I would love Architects to get the push but my head says there’s not a chance of that. I do think that they could play third down, though. That seems like the perfect slot for them but the Holy Hell cycle is done already. 

I can’t see Parkway Drive subbing R&L, nor can I see them headlining Download in 2021. They need time to put together their next album and if you look at the timeline of their last few albums, it’s taken them 3 years each time.

Edited by Andre91

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really not sure. If they can get them to play the slot, BMTH would be an excellent sub for them. Failing that, I could see them going for a hip hop sub who has some cred with rock fans, someone like Tyler or at a push RTJ. The rest of the day could be more rock orientated. I would love Architects to get the push but my head says there’s not a chance of that. I do think that they could play third down, though. That seems like the perfect slot for them but the Holy Hell cycle is done already. 

I would think RTJ have more cred with rock crowds (that's practically all their cred) but are a little smaller than Tyler. I would go with either of those but completely stumped for rock bands that would suitably sub. Blink and SOAD would be too much on the larger side and remove Download headline options.

15 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Prodigy.

I don't see that at all. They haven't booked them in ten years and, if they were to come back, it'd be a very different proposition to how it was.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I would think RTJ have more cred with rock crowds (that's practically all their cred) but are a little smaller than Tyler. I would go with either of those but completely stumped for rock bands that would suitably sub. Blink and SOAD would be too much on the larger side and remove Download headline options.

I don't see that at all. They haven't booked them in ten years and, if they were to come back, it'd be a very different proposition to how it was.

Yeah, RTJ have more rock cred for sure. I said at a push for size reasons (like you’ve said). Thinking of a rock sub is really quite difficult. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, Andre91 said:

If Slipknot play, they tailor the day to that audience for sure. 

23 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Prodigy.

Right now I think that would be a great sub, there will be a lot of interest in what the band to do make their tribute to Keith. For me who has returned for certain tailored days to my taste this would interest me.

I'm pissed off with all the Slipknot rumours

Foals // Tame Impala // Tyler The Creator

Skepta // Milky Chance

R1D Lauv //FR Metronomy

Drake // The Streets // Wolf Alice

Bombay Bicycle Club  // Rex orange county

R1D Chase & States //FR Gang Of Youths 

The Killers // Vampire Weekend //Gerry Cinammon

Skrillex // Brockhampton

R1D Gorgon City // FR Cosmo Pyke

Can't be asked with the other stages

15 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said: