The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

54 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Personal opinion, I gave Currents a listen for the first time yesterday and turned it off after two songs because I was bored of it. I appreciate it did wonders for their popularity but I thought it was dull. Open to giving it another try.

Coachella is irrelevant. It's undeniably a huge event but they've played way more shows in the States so will be a far bigger name, case in point that I very clearly don't get the hype. Bands like Die Toten Hosen and Die Arzte headlining Rock am Ring but they aren't going to top the Download bill even though it's a very similar market.

When you get other bands selling out multiple arenas in a tour (case in point, Panic sold out 6 on their March tour, including 2 nights at the O2 in London), why is it impressive that they sold out 1?

I am not arguing the case that they're big, I'm just arguing the case that might not be as big in the UK market as people seem to think. If they aren't getting booked at all off the back of their best album, why would that suddenly change with a new one?

I'm completely open to possibility of being proved wrong in 6 months time and I'll own up to it but other than being told they'll sub and pointing at them playing the Other Stage at Glasto no-one has convinced me they'll show up.

You can't form an opinion after one listen through of an entire album, let alone two songs...in my opinion lol

I'm not going to reply to the rest of what you put cause I didnt read past the first paragraph..

26 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Tame Impala subbing anywhere is lame. They've really got to close the night, whether as the closing co-headliner or Radio 1. They lose so much in daylight. 

Exactly why I mentioned it tbf, seeing them for the first time in daylight would be so underwhelming 

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Tame Impala subbing anywhere is lame. They've really got to close the night, whether as the closing co-headliner or Radio 1. They lose so much in daylight. 

They were great subbing Glastonbury. Certainly fewer complaints than from the other night. If their show is going to be geared towards headline sets from now on then I think they’d have to take it to APE, Parklife or Latitude.

6 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

plus selling out the O2 in London and tickets selling out in around 2 hours

They sold out standing - which is over half the tickets, granted - but they didn’t sell out the entire arena and a lot of bands could sell out the floor there.

Edited by dentalplan

• 3 weeks later...

pow

STORMZY, Dua Lipa, All Time Low, Nothing But Thieves, Lizzo, Yxng Bane, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Declan McKenna, Headie One, Mahalia
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Denzel Curry

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, Halsey, Octavian, Pale Waves, The Sherlocks
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Bicep LIVE, Yungblud
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Example

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Limp Bizkit, Brockhampton, While She Sleeps, Boston Manor
R1: Jamie xx, Rex Orange County, Neck Deep, Trippie Redd
Da: Netsky // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: D-Block Europe

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

pow

STORMZY, Dua Lipa, All Time Low, Nothing But Thieves, Lizzo, Yxng Bane, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Declan McKenna, Headie One, Mahalia
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Cage the Elephant // 1xtra: Denzel Curry

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, Halsey, Octavian, Pale Waves, The Sherlocks
R1: J Hus, MoStack, Bicep LIVE, Yungblud
Da: Peggy Gou // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Example

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Limp Bizkit, Brockhampton, While She Sleeps, Boston Manor
R1: Jamie xx, Rex Orange County, Neck Deep, Trippie Redd
Da: Netsky // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Blaenavon // 1xtra: D-Block Europe

I must be in the minority that doesn't see a Dua Lipa/Stormzy crossover. I personally don't the the justification for Stormzy to headline Reading and The Killers would be a better choice imo.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I must be in the minority that doesn't see a Dua Lipa/Stormzy crossover. I personally don't the the justification for Stormzy to headline Reading and The Killers would be a better choice imo.

Here’s your justification: he headlined TRNSMT and Glastonbury 

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Here’s your justification: he headlined TRNSMT and Glastonbury 

Yup, and I was one of those shows. Just because he did it doesn't mean it was justified. Mumford & Sons did it too and I didn't rate it....and I was a fan. 

Catfish headlined TRNSMT, that argument would not go down well on here that they are now headline level as general.

Many have said U2 didn't justify their spot and they are one of the biggest bands in the world so to say what people did isn't everything just plain. Stormzy also did Belsonic in Belfast which isn't on the same level at all.

posting a prediction now:

THE STROKES, Chance the Rapper, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, Bugzy Malone, State Champs
R1: J Hus, MoStack, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
DS: Hannah Wants / FR: The Blinders / Pit: Andrew WK / 1X: Rich Brian

DRAKE, Haim, Weezer, Sigrid, Don Broco, Little Simz
R1: Idles, Sam Fender, Ella Mai, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Temples / Pit: The Story So Far / 1X: Wiley

SLIPKNOT, Tyler the Creator, Parkway Drive, Slaves, Slowthai, DMA's
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Everything Everything, Yungblud, MØ
DS: Bicep / FR: Rat Boy / LU: Taking Back Sunday / 1X: Denzel Curry

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I like that lineup a fair bit but I can’t see Slipknot ever doing it by this point. I just don’t think it’s in anyone’s interest really

I think it's mutually beneficial. Slipknot would surely appreciate the opportunity to headline Reading and they're big enough now that they'd go down well whether it's for fans or former fans or just as something of a curio. Plus, they must do some European festivals after the album is actually released, and it will have been a long time since they've covered August festivals.

Edited by dentalplan

I’m here for Slipknot. That lineup in general bangs. Great stuff @dentalplan 

Don Broco are still being low balled, though and I can’t see The Story So Far coming back to headline that stage next year when they’ll be on the same album they’re touring this year whilst playing low on the R1. 

Edited by Andre91

Would like that lineup a lot, I think the mixing of Drake and Slipknot fans would be entertaining enough to warrant a ticket alone

As much as I'd love it, cant see Slipknot doing RnL - idk who else is around next year though as the "rock" headliner 

Edited by jamieaslee

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m here for Slipknot. That lineup in general bangs. Great stuff @dentalplan 

Don Broco are still being low balled, though and I can’t see The Story So Far coming back to headline that stage next year when they’ll be on the same album they’re touring this year whilst playing low on the R1. 

Thanks.

And good point - I didn’t realise TSSF were on this year. I am so hopeless at thinking of possible Pit/Lock Up headliners that I went back and looked at predictions from last year that (I thought) didn’t come off. :lol: The other two are recycled guesses also.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

posting a prediction now:

THE STROKES, Chance the Rapper, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, Bugzy Malone, State Champs
R1: J Hus, MoStack, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
DS: Hannah Wants / FR: The Blinders / Pit: Andrew WK / 1X: Rich Brian

DRAKE, Haim, Weezer, Sigrid, Don Broco, Little Simz
R1: Idles, Sam Fender, Ella Mai, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Temples / Pit: The Story So Far / 1X: Wiley

SLIPKNOT, Tyler the Creator, Parkway Drive, Slaves, Slowthai, DMA's
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Everything Everything, Yungblud, MØ
DS: Bicep / FR: Rat Boy / LU: Taking Back Sunday / 1X: Denzel Curry

Haim second?! WTAF?!?

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I can totally see it with a new album. I don’t think it’s unrealistic at all (even though I’ve got them third on my updated lineup that I’ll post in a bit). 

I’m genuinely amazed they’re still going at all, yet alone relevant enough for people to think they can sub Reading Festival!

Edited by Benj

I know there’s not really much point trying to predict the lower slots on the main stage but I stuck some people down anyway. I’m probably way off too with some of the R1 positions. 

Green Day / Tyler, The Creator / Architects / Slaves / Neck Deep / scarlxrd / I Prevail / SWMRS / Dream State 

J Hus / Octavian / Princess Nokia 

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / Slowthai / Pale Waves / As It Is / YONAKA / Black Honey 

Bombay Bicycle Club / DMA’s / Miles Kane

The Strokes / Two Door Cinema Club / HAIM / The Neighbourhood / Gerry Cinnamon / Loyle Carner / Fontaines D.C. / Gengahr / Black Foxxes 

Kygo / Little Simz / MØ

Edited by Andre91

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I know there’s not really much point trying to predict the lower slots on the main stage but I stuck some people down anyway. I’m probably way off too with some of the R1 positions. 

Green Day / Tyler, The Creator / Architects / Slaves / Neck Deep / scarlxrd / I Prevail / SWMRS / Dream State 

J Hus / Octavian / Princess Nokia 

Stormzy / Billie Eilish / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / Slowthai / Pale Waves / As It Is / YONAKA / Black Honey 

Bombay Bicycle Club / DMA’s / Miles Kane

The Strokes / Two Door Cinema Club / HAIM / The Neighbourhood / Gerry Cinnamon / Loyle Carner / Fontaines D.C. / Gengahr / Black Foxxes 

Kygo / Little Simz / MØ

Don't think the strokes will headline outright.

For 2020

Main: Stormzy//Lana Del Rey//Glass Animals//Sigrid//Sam Fender//Bugzy Malone

R1: Vampire Weekend//Loyle Carner//Metronomy//Fontaines D.C.//Shame

Dance:Martin Garrix FR: Georgia LU: Creeper 1Xtra: Steel Bangles

——————————————————

Main: The Strokes//The Black Keys//Tyler, the Creator//IDLES//Lizzo//Declan McKenna

R1: Friendly Fires//Rosalia//Kano//Foy Vance//LANY//The Voidz

Dance: The Black Madonna FR: The S.L.P Pit: Pigsx7 1Xtra: Little Simz

——————————————————

Main: Foals//Catfish and the Bottlemen//Skepta//Bombay Bicycle Club//Lewis Capaldi//Maggie Rogers

R1: ASAP Rocky//Courtney Barnett//Chase and Status//Yellow Days//The Murder Capital//Yak

Dance: Jonas Blue FR: Frank Turner Pit: Pulled Apart By Horses 1Xtra Joey Badass