The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, gfa said:

giggs 5th down wtf, can't really see brockhampton back in the NME stage especially since they are only doing one uk show this year. halsey might be a bit too big for the NME sub now too really.both catfish and tame seems like overkill to me really that day is already strong with giggs etc plus like kanye and arctics. the saturday is severely lacking indie - streets should be swapped or something as sunday is all indie too. Sunday seems ok with streets moved over, but surely octavian won't be an NME headliner - he's literally unknown at the moment.

@stanh 's

All these recent posters are seriously unrealistic - travis scott, billie - but two door, courteeners and vampire weekend could definitely sub. tdcc won't be in NME. migos are definitely not NME headliner - based on their wireless placings they could probably co but a strong sub otherwise, i'd say that migos and major lazer should swap really as major lazer has completely disappeared now really. liam, tame and cardi b could all headline (cardi co) and chainsmokers would probably co too still, they have dropped down a lot but i don't see them doing a closing set (reading don't even do them reallly anyway)

@Alex Winstone 's

Biffy Clyro, Major Lazer, Deftones, Nothing But Thevies R1: Chase & Status DS: Pete Tong LU: New Found Glory FR: Rat Boy R1X: Denzel Curry

Kayne West, Mura Masa, The Streets, Run The Jewels, Snopp Dogg (Special Guest) R1: Weezer DS: Ben UFO Pit: Bad Religion FR: Feeder R1X: Death Grips

Catfish & The Bottlemen, George Ezra, Wolf Alice, Billie Eilish R1: Slaves DS: Superorgasim Pit: Every Time I Die FR: Jade Bird R1X: Hardy Caprio 

Definitely a lot more realistic, i.e. disappointing - i'm not sure biffy would be a full headline though unless their new album does well and they have no other shows and with this lineup catfish couldn't either to be honest. The other stages are good but the subs need a complete rethink imo. 

--------------------

I've just dissed out loads, i have a lineup poster on my pc i'll post it later it needs finishing.

Oh I didn't know Melvin Benn had a efestvals account. 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, gfa said:

I've just dissed out loads, i have a lineup poster on my pc i'll post it later it needs finishing.

A lot of what you’ve said is genuinely worse than the predictions you’ve commented on. Like, how are Biffy and Catfish struggling to headline but Tame Impala, Cardi B, Migos and the Chainsmokers apparently in contention?

Brockhampton could easily play R1 (headlining might even be too big given how people have seemingly cooled on them) and Octavian is not “literally unknown”, he just won BBC Sound of 2019 and is headlining 1Xtra.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A lot of what you’ve said is genuinely worse than the predictions you’ve commented on. Like, how are Biffy and Catfish struggling to headline but Tame Impala, Cardi B, Migos and the Chainsmokers apparently in contention?

Brockhampton could easily play R1 (headlining might even be too big given how people have seemingly cooled on them) and Octavian is not “literally unknown”, he just won BBC Sound of 2019 and is headlining 1Xtra.

Fair point with the headliners - i'm not too sure about biffy though like given the flack that KOL got and they are far bigger than biffy, maybe as a co but certainly not a straight up headliner they are just on their way down i guess and certainly not stand alone on that kanye/catfish/biffy poster unless got catfish got replaced by someone bigger. I said catfish couldn't on that word lineup as it was just so weak, they were fine on the arctic monkeys/kanye poster. Tame i stand by and cardi b could co at a push or sub, i said migos to sub and maybe not for chainsmokers but still sub level.

Brockhampton haven't cooled down and would still get a big crowd, not as insane as last year maybe but they would definitely be better off on main. Octavian, not sure - at the moment definitely not NME headliner. I'd be lying if anyone I knew was talking about him and the people who would see him don't care about awards like BBC sound of 2019 etc. Who knows though, sounds like you know better than me for Octavian.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Fair point with the headliners - i'm not too sure about biffy though like given the flack that KOL got and they are far bigger than biffy, maybe as a co but certainly not a straight up headliner they are just on their way down i guess and certainly not stand alone on that kanye/catfish/biffy poster unless got catfish got replaced by someone bigger. I said catfish couldn't on that word lineup as it was just so weak, they were fine on the arctic monkeys/kanye poster. Tame i stand by and cardi b could co at a push or sub, i said migos to sub and maybe not for chainsmokers but still sub level.

Brockhampton haven't cooled down and would still get a big crowd, not as insane as last year maybe but they would definitely be better off on main. Octavian, not sure - at the moment definitely not NME headliner. I'd be lying if anyone I knew was talking about him and the people who would see him don't care about awards like BBC sound of 2019 etc. Who knows though, sounds like you know better than me for Octavian.

Yeah Biffy are on the way down but still a major fest headliner going off this year. They’ll probably start taking in Kendal, Y Not, etc. next year but are still a bigger headliner at R+L than Tame Impala, Cardi B, Migos and Chainsmokers for sure - the last two aren’t even subs imo and have dropped off a fair bit.

Think people are getting hella carried away if they think Tame Impala are headlining. Their biggest headline shows have been a half-sold MEN Arena, less than 25k at Citadel, EOTR which is p small and then there’s this O2 date  -remains to be seen how that sells. Plus they’ve not been back to R+L since 2013 and these new songs aren’t pushing them anywhere. Royal Blood are bigger in the UK.

And aye, I don’t think all the people who Octavian was introduced to by winning that award hate his music so you’re probs wrong on that one. :P I don’t think he’ll headline R1 at this point but I had no idea Dave would blow up so much this time last year so you never know.

M: Biffy Clyro/Billie Eilish/Skepta/Nothing But Thieves/Gerry Cinnamon

R1: J Hus

LU: Bury Tomorrow

Da: Fisher

M: Stormzy/Catfish & The Bottlemen/Limp Bizkit/Idles/Sigrid/Beartooth

R1: Don Broco

LU: New Found Glory

Da: Europa (Solveig & Jax Jones)

M: Green Day/Tame Impala/Giggs/DMA's/Rex Orange County/While She Sleeps

R1: The Kooks

LU: Dropkick Murphys

Da: Chase & Status presents: Return II Jungle

17 hours ago, Dukey said:

M: Biffy Clyro/Billie Eilish/Skepta/Nothing But Thieves/Gerry Cinnamon

R1: J Hus

LU: Bury Tomorrow

Da: Fisher

M: Stormzy/Catfish & The Bottlemen/Limp Bizkit/Idles/Sigrid/Beartooth

R1: Don Broco

LU: New Found Glory

Da: Europa (Solveig & Jax Jones)

M: Green Day/Tame Impala/Giggs/DMA's/Rex Orange County/While She Sleeps

R1: The Kooks

LU: Dropkick Murphys

Da: Chase & Status presents: Return II Jungle

surely they wouldn’t do 3 coheads

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

been a while since my last attempt, haven't really changed too much, just changed some bits around and added some:1454568532_Screenshot2019-04-28at19_46_40.png.79b42cb7584d829f47bd82e49bfd1bc8.png

You should download the ITC Avant Garde Lt Bold font to get the poster looking more authentic :P

Otherwise I think this is fairly realistic, only exceptions being that I reckon IDLES are a little low, Mabel is too low given she's a special guest on the R1 this year. Limp Bizkit would be an awful third down and I reckon they'd play fifth below Loyle Carner there. Otherwise I think your main stage picks are pretty spot on.

The Kooks are a shit R1 Headliner but opposite Drake it kinda makes sense, maybe Architects would be a more suitable choice there though. 

TRAVIS SCOTT, BILLIE EILISH, All Time Low, Halsey, 21 Savage, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Declan McKenna, Slowthai, Mahalia, Lil Nas X, The Magic Gang
Da: Disciples // LU: Sum 41 // FR: Rat Boy 1xtra: Example

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Two Door Cinema Club, Giggs, Rex Orange County, Cage the Elephant, Idles, Band of Skulls
R1: Marshmello, Die Antwoord, Playboi Carti, Tom Grennan, Shame, Hinds
Da: Kaytranada // Pit: Beartooth // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Yungen

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Limp Bizkit, Ghostemane, Boston Manor
R1: J Hus, Yxng Bane, Bicep LIVE, Neck Deep, Creeper, Oliver Tree
Da: Netsky // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Fickle Friends // 1xtra: Ski Mask the Slump God

38 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

TRAVIS SCOTT, BILLIE EILISH, All Time Low, Halsey, 21 Savage, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
R1: Bombay Bicycle Club, Declan McKenna, Slowthai, Mahalia, Lil Nas X, The Magic Gang

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Two Door Cinema Club, Giggs, Rex Orange County, Cage the Elephant, Idles, Band of Skulls

GREEN DAY, Tyler the Creator, Wolf Alice, Slaves, Limp Bizkit, Ghostemane, Boston Manor
Da: Netsky // Pit: Death Grips // FR: Fickle Friends // 1xtra: Ski Mask the Slump God

Yes let's stick on that thank you.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Billie eilish will not headline with Travis Scott 

It doesn’t matter how many years pass, we can always reply on Hart Attack to post a lineup prediction that is so unrealistically rock focused that it would never happen :lol: 

Blink-182’s days of headlining major festivals over here are over.