The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

I know I only did one the other day but I've changed things around and fleshed out the R1 stage a fair bit. Won't do another for a while now. Anyway..

Friday
Main: Twenty One Pilots, Chance the Rapper, Cardi B, Years & Years, Good Charlotte, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, Seaway, Gerard Way
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Pale Waves, Juice WRLD, Sheck Wes, Dagny, Bad Sounds, Nina Nesbitt
Dance: Tchami // Pit: The Amity Affliction // FR: Rat Boy // 1xtra: Pusha T

Saturday
Main: The 1975, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Limp Bizkit, Brockhampton, Declan McKenna, The Neighbourhood, The Fever 333, Estrons
R1: A$AP Rocky, Lower Than Atlantis, Pvris, Stefflon Don, Mabel, Miles Kane, Yungblud, Denzel Curry, Princess Nokia, Foxing
Dance: Gorgon City // Pit: The Distillers // FR: White Lies // 1xtra: Smokepurpp

Sunday
Main: Foo Fighters, Two Door Cinema Club, Giggs, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Idles, Band of Skulls, Black Honey, Astroid Boys
R1: Marshmello, Dave, Sigala, Tom Walker, Billie Eilish, Drenge, Joyce Manor, Rejjie Snow, Noname
Dance: Kaytranada // LU: Taking Back Sunday // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Not3s

19 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know I only did one the other day but I've changed things around and fleshed out the R1 stage a fair bit. Won't do another for a while now. Anyway..

Friday
Main: Twenty One Pilots, Chance the Rapper, Cardi B, Years & Years, Good Charlotte, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, Seaway, Gerard Way
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Pale Waves, Juice WRLD, Sheck Wes, Dagny, Bad Sounds, Nina Nesbitt
Dance: Tchami // Pit: The Amity Affliction // FR: Rat Boy // 1xtra: Pusha T

Saturday
Main: The 1975, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Limp Bizkit, Brockhampton, Declan McKenna, The Neighbourhood, The Fever 333, Estrons
R1: A$AP Rocky, Lower Than Atlantis, Pvris, Stefflon Don, Mabel, Miles Kane, Yungblud, Denzel Curry, Princess Nokia, Foxing
Dance: Gorgon City // Pit: The Distillers // FR: White Lies // 1xtra: Smokepurpp

Sunday
Main: Foo Fighters, Two Door Cinema Club, Giggs, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Idles, Band of Skulls, Black Honey, Astroid Boys
R1: Marshmello, Dave, Sigala, Tom Walker, Billie Eilish, Drenge, Joyce Manor, Rejjie Snow, Noname
Dance: Kaytranada // LU: Taking Back Sunday // FR: Dodie // 1xtra: Not3s

surely blossoms aren't dropping down to r1 sub after playing 3rd down. granted they shouldn't have but I think when they return they will be back at 3rd again. Probably won't be back till 2020 since they are a key part of trying to sell that awful community lineup

1 minute ago, gfa said:

surely blossoms aren't dropping down to r1 sub after playing 3rd down. granted they shouldn't have but I think when they return they will be back at 3rd again. Probably won't be back till 2020 since they are a key part of trying to sell that awful community lineup

They're still headliners in my prediction, I've just got a Chase & Status DJ closing set after them. It's happened with Pendulum, Limp Bizkit and Bombay Bicycle Club over the last few years - all were R1 headliners but had a closing DJ set after.

• Upvote 1

Yeah love doing these to be honest so yeah do another I'm sticking to my gut that says the headliners will be 

- 1975 / TOP

- Kanye West

- foos

Friday 

Main : The 1975 , Twenty One Pilots (CO-headline) ,Chance the Rappers, The Streets,  Joyner Lucas , Good Charlotte, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, Spring King 

R1 : Tyler the Creator, Cage the Elephant , Rex Orange County , Pale Waves, Juice WRLD, Sheck Wes, Bad Sounds, Astroid Boys

Dance: My Nu Leng b2b Holy Goof // Pit : Memphis May Fire // FR : Gang of Youths // 1XTRA: Dave 

Saturday 

Main : Kanye West , Tame Impala , Bombay Bicycle Club , Brockhampton, Declean McKenna , Band of Skulls, Hinds 

R1: Lauv, Lower Than Atlas, Sheck Wes, Kaleo, MNEK, Mount Kimble, Miles Kane, Yungblud, Denzel Curry, Princess Nokia

Dance : Sigma // Pit : The Distillers // FR : Lewis Del Mar // 1XTRA not3s

Sunday 

Main: Foo Fighters , Vampire Weekend, Giggs ,Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Idles, The Blaze 

R1: Marshmellow , Lil UZI Vert , Kojo Funds , Mura Masa, Shame, Villagers , Bob Moses, Jeremy Loops 

Dance : Matoma // LU : Taking Back Sunday // FR : La Femme // 1XTRA: Pusha T

11 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Yeah love doing these to be honest so yeah do another I'm sticking to my gut that says the headliners will be 

- 1975 / TOP

- Kanye West

- foos

Friday 

Main : The 1975 , Twenty One Pilots (CO-headline) ,Chance the Rappers, The Streets,  Joyner Lucas , Good Charlotte, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, Spring King 

R1 : Tyler the Creator, Cage the Elephant , Rex Orange County , Pale Waves, Juice WRLD, Sheck Wes, Bad Sounds, Astroid Boys

Dance: My Nu Leng b2b Holy Goof // Pit : Memphis May Fire // FR : Gang of Youths // 1XTRA: Dave 

Saturday 

Main : Kanye West , Tame Impala , Bombay Bicycle Club , Brockhampton, Declean McKenna , Band of Skulls, Hinds 

R1: Lauv, Lower Than Atlas, Sheck Wes, Kaleo, MNEK, Mount Kimble, Miles Kane, Yungblud, Denzel Curry, Princess Nokia

Dance : Sigma // Pit : The Distillers // FR : Lewis Del Mar // 1XTRA not3s

Sunday 

Main: Foo Fighters , Vampire Weekend, Giggs ,Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Idles, The Blaze 

R1: Marshmellow , Lil UZI Vert , Kojo Funds , Mura Masa, Shame, Villagers , Bob Moses, Jeremy Loops 

Dance : Matoma // LU : Taking Back Sunday // FR : La Femme // 1XTRA: Pusha T

God I love Lower than Atlas and Marshmellow

Friday

Main Stage: Swedish House Mafia, The Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Architects, Slaves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Idles, Black Peaks, Dream State. Special Guest: Gerard Way.                                                                                                   

R1: Jamie T, The Cribs, Superorganism, Jade Bird, Cabbage, Fickle Friends.                                                                       

DS: Pete Tong, Tom Zanetti.                                                                                                                                                        

LU: Alkaline Trio, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, The Interrupters, Citizen, Heavy Lungs, Crows.                                     

FR: Ian Brown, Sam Fender, The Murder Capital.                                                                 

R1X: Death Grips, H09909                                                             

Saturday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Run The Jewels, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Brockhampton, DMA'S, Gang Of Youths, Loyale Carner, Estrons. 

R1: Silk City, Lower Than Atlantis, While She Sleeps, Milk Teeth, Muncie Girls, Tom Greennan.                                         

DS: MGMT, The Algorithm                                                                                                                                                              

PIT: Alexisonfire, Marmozets, Gallows, Basement, Culture Abuse, Gouge Away, Blood Command.                               

FR: Shame, The Lemon Twigs, HMTLD, Fontaines DC.                                                                                                             

R1X: Cypress Hill, Denzel Curry                                                                                                                                                        

Sunday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Parkway Drive ,Frank Turner Nothing But Thieves, The Hives, Pale Waves, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Fever 333, Puppy                                                                                                                 

R1: Chrvches, Young Fathers,Rat Boy, St.Vincent, Sundara Karma, Hardy Carpio, Pretty Vicious                                   

DS: MK, The Ramona Flowers                                                                                                                                                   

PIT: Refused, Every Time I Die, Turnstile, Code Orange, Fever 333 (Double Shift), Vein, Leeched.                                     

FR: Gerry Cinnamon, Baxter Dury, Boy Azzoga.                                                                                                                           

R1X: Dave, Lil Gnar, Gradnson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Secret Set: The Streets on R1X.

Edited by Alex Winstone

21 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

They've got a tour that sold out in minutes including 3 nights in Manchester, 3 nights in Birmingham and 5 night in London. No way would they put them on 1xtra, secret set or not. Imagine the crush. Think they'd just get 3rd down main or R1 headline.

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

They've got a tour that sold out in minutes including 3 nights in Manchester, 3 nights in Birmingham and 5 night in London. No way would they put them on 1xtra, secret set or not. Imagine the crush. Think they'd just get 3rd down main or R1 headline.

While I agree they won't be on that stage, you realize that tour isn't actually sold out?, they have a Manchester Apollo date still to sell and 5 Brixton dates, two of which at least have all ticket options available still meaning they've sold around around the size of Wembley arena. Obviously there is still time but I personally think a sub is a push. They are being spoken about to headline Other at Glastonbury as I'm struggling to see where it comes from, the other dates are just academy dates than any other act 3rd down on Other/Reading main stage might do.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

While I agree they won't be on that stage, you realize that tour isn't actually sold out?, they have a Manchester Apollo date still to sell and 5 Brixton dates, two of which at least have all ticket options available still meaning they've sold around around the size of Wembley arena. Obviously there is still time but I personally think a sub is a push. They are being spoken about to headline Other at Glastonbury as I'm struggling to see where it comes from, the other dates are just academy dates than any other act 3rd down on Other/Reading main stage might do.

I’m pretty sure the tour the streets done earlier this year all sold out and that included like 7 consecutive runs at brixton, so I’m not surprised all these new dates for next year haven’t completley sold but going by seetickets they aren’t far off. They are still massive and can’t really see them excepting any lower than a sub

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

I’m pretty sure the tour the streets done earlier this year all sold out and that included like 7 consecutive runs at brixton, so I’m not surprised all these new dates for next year haven’t completley sold but going by seetickets they aren’t far off. They are still massive and can’t really see them excepting any lower than a sub

maybe I've missed the other tour?...I'm not huge on them tbh as said and would look elsewhere.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Main Stage: Swedish House Mafia, The Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Architects, Slaves, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Idles, Black Peaks, Dream State. Special Guest: Gerard Way.                                                                                                   

R1: Jamie T, The Cribs, Superorganism, Jade Bird, Cabbage, Fickle Friends.                                                                       

DS: Pete Tong, Tom Zanetti.                                                                                                                                                        

LU: Alkaline Trio, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, The Interrupters, Citizen, Heavy Lungs, Crows.                                     

FR: Ian Brown, Sam Fender, The Murder Capital.                                                                 

R1X: Death Grips, H09909                                                             

Saturday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Run The Jewels, Catfish And The Bottlemen, Brockhampton, DMA'S, Gang Of Youths, Loyale Carner, Estrons. 

R1: Silk City, Lower Than Atlantis, While She Sleeps, Milk Teeth, Muncie Girls, Tom Greennan.                                         

DS: MGMT, The Algorithm                                                                                                                                                              

PIT: Alexisonfire, Marmozets, Gallows, Basement, Culture Abuse, Gouge Away, Blood Command.                               

FR: Shame, The Lemon Twigs, HMTLD, Fontaines DC.                                                                                                             

R1X: Cypress Hill, Denzel Curry                                                                                                                                                        

Sunday

Main Stage: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, Parkway Drive ,Frank Turner Nothing But Thieves, The Hives, Pale Waves, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Fever 333, Puppy                                                                                                                 

R1: Chrvches, Young Fathers,Rat Boy, St.Vincent, Sundara Karma, Hardy Carpio, Pretty Vicious                                   

DS: MK, The Ramona Flowers                                                                                                                                                   

PIT: Refused, Every Time I Die, Turnstile, Code Orange, Fever 333 (Double Shift), Vein, Leeched.                                     

FR: Gerry Cinnamon, Baxter Dury, Boy Azzoga.                                                                                                                           

R1X: Dave, Lil Gnar, Gradnson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

sorry but just checking - this is a troll right...

• Downvote 1

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Chvrches / BROCKHAMPTON / MIST / While She Sleeps / The Bronx / METZ / Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Blossoms / The Gaslight Anthem / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / The Neighbourhood
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975 / Catfish And The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Portugal. The Man / Sundara Karma / Halsey / The Sherlocks / Pale Waves / Goat Girl
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Drenge / The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Foo Fighters / The Streets / Bloc Party / IDLES / Good Charlotte / Hollywood Undead / Turbowolf / Beartooth / Royal Republic
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper / Hannah Wants / Greta Van Fleet /  / Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

23 hours ago, VCK said:

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Chvrches / BROCKHAMPTON / MIST / While She Sleeps / The Bronx / METZ / Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Blossoms / The Gaslight Anthem / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / The Neighbourhood
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975 / Catfish And The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Portugal. The Man / Sundara Karma / Halsey / The Sherlocks / Pale Waves / Goat Girl
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Drenge / The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Foo Fighters / The Streets / Bloc Party / IDLES / Good Charlotte / Hollywood Undead / Turbowolf / Beartooth / Royal Republic
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper / Hannah Wants / Greta Van Fleet /  / Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

I like this, all genres are well covered. Halsey (big sucess this year) and neighbourhood based on their APE placing might be a bit low - idles are probably too high as well maybe Bloc Party too they have lost relevance.

EDIT: although i guess bloc party did ally pally

Edited by gfa

57 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

What about richard ashcroft having a slot similar to what LG had in 2017? Everyone seems big on the 90s britpop nostalgia recently so i think some classic verve tunes would go down well and R&L 

Nah, Oasis and LG are massive amongst teenagers who go to R&L. I doubt many people there could name more than one song by The Verve, never mind Ashcroft's solo material.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I like this, all genres are well covered. Halsey (big sucess this year) and neighbourhood based on their APE placing might be a bit low - idles are probably too high as well maybe Bloc Party too they have lost relevance.

EDIT: although i guess bloc party did ally pally

Cheers. Yeah I was thinking of maybe switching Halsey and Sundara around. NME is hard one to predict outside of headliners and subs so just threw them in. IDLES latest album reached number 5 in the charts so a top four slot wouldn't be unrealistic off the back of that. Thought I'd give Bloc Party a Kooks style slot, plus they have a bit of history with the festival (and then some - subbed two years in a row in the late 00s!) so it'd be nice to have them back.