The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

18 hours ago, VCK said:

Glass Animals

I feel like you've kind of had flack as it wasn't a half bad lineup but Glass Animals won't be touring for the foreseeable future as the drummer had a major motorbike accident.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Bugzy Malone

I don't think Bugzy Malone is coming back soon either, as he double booked R&L to play at KSI and Logan Paul's boxing match. What a downgrade (unless it was someone else?)

Edited by gfa
avoid double post

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I don't think Bugzy Malone is coming back soon either, as he double booked R&L to play at KSI and Logan Paul's boxing match. What a downgrade (unless it was someone else?)

Ah shit yeah forgot about that.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mate come on

Yeah I realised as soon as I put them there I'd fucked up. Wanted a FR headliner similar to The Horrors this year, like an older big band who are still actually good lmao. Hahaha that was a misjudgement thinking about it. Fuck me I messed up lmao. Swap them for The Sherlocks or some shit.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Third down would be too high for Parkway Drive at R&L. I think they would play fourth down. I know it’s only one slot difference but I can invisage Parkway Drive ever being a logo band at R&L. 

I don't see them going down at all at Reading now, I think you've got to look more to pop-punk stuff like the Sum 41 booking. 

22 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Cool selection of acts there. Quite a lot of repeats from this year though, particularly the likes of Hinds and The Horrors facing massive bump ups for no particular reason. I don't think Frank Turner will play that high nowadays but he's probably due a return nonetheless in some capacity.

Gambino keeps reiterating how he won't be touring any longer so I don't see him being in the mix for R+L. Heavily rumoured for Coachella so could see that being the last show. Unless, of course, it's in fact the first Donald Glover show and he tours like that from now on but that'd be dumb as hell.

Finally, by "The Weekend", do you mean some band who go by that name or do you mean the massive pop star The Weeknd? Hope it's not the latter you're putting below Fickle Friends. :P I have actually been thinking about The Weeknd (the singer) headlining R+L as sort of an outside shot - I've said for years he would be too pop for R+L but the festival has completely undone that now and is probably working on a new album so he's fair game.

A case of filling the gaps with The Horrors and The Hinds. But I do feel that given the amount of times they've played the festival, The Horrors are overdue a Main Stage slot, similar to The Wombats.

Frank still does arenas so I reckon he could pull off 3rd. Plus he and Brockhampton could add a bit of a breather from the rockier vibe to that day. Although having him headline NME with Gaslight subbing would be pretty cool. Really he's one of those acts who could play one of many different slots and not look out of place.

I actually meant The Neighbourhood instead of The Weekend. :lol: But I can't edit my post now.

Shame if that's true about Gambino. He's not done many shows this year and given how huge This Is America was you'd think he'd do something in the way of touring.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

I feel like you've kind of had flack as it wasn't a half bad lineup but Glass Animals won't be touring for the foreseeable future as the drummer had a major motorbike accident.

I wouldn't say I have had any flack, just constructive criticism, there's always going to be room for improvement. I mean, who would have been able to predict PATD subbing this time last year? ;)

Didn't know that about Glass Animals.

19 minutes ago, VCK said:

A case of filling the gaps with The Horrors and The Hinds. But I do feel that given the amount of times they've played the festival, The Horrors are overdue a Main Stage slot, similar to The Wombats.

The Wombats are inexplicably popular though, whilst The Horrors remain criminally underrated.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah doesn't Frank Turner have a pretty sizeable tour coming up with Jimmy Eat World supporting? Seems like he could play 3rd down to me. Have no idea what anyone likes about his music, but yeah.

That tour's just a massive overreach and Jimmy Eat World were surely added because of flagging sales. As far as festivals go, he was third down at Boardmasters last year and I don't see anything having happened to boost him since then.

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I mean I preferred his first 2 albums to Testing but I thought he was still just as popular if not more than that 3rd down slot in 2016.

He was really 4th down because of the coheadliners, so I'd say 3rd down/R1 headline sounds about right now. Don't think he'll be there next year anyway, reckon Wireless will get him.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

33 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I mean I preferred his first 2 albums to Testing but I thought he was still just as popular if not more than that 3rd down slot in 2016.

Testing was a flop compared, and even ALLA didn’t have the lasting impact that his debut and mixtape had. With so many new rappers coming up, he’s growing increasingly irrelevant and there’s no argument for him carrying on upwards.

18 hours ago, Odessa said:

Yeah doesn't Frank Turner have a pretty sizeable tour coming up with Jimmy Eat World supporting? Seems like he could play 3rd down to me. Have no idea what anyone likes about his music, but yeah.

tbf with his dates they are big enough to sub, issue is I think this is like last time where it's financially better to do them but really he's not an arena acts.