The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd rather see Pendulum headline 2nd but if the some of the same that have been talked about to do that next year did then Pendulum are stories about them. IOW would be mad not to go for them as that's never failed and that would work for Download to. I honestly think they picked a combination of two from Download, Rize and IOW over Glastonbury....if that doesn't happen on this tour it never will considering they've basically now got a tour that will last knowing their history upto Glasto 2020.

Really?...what happened to everyone you've said for Download?

BMTH seem likely for R&L. I’ve said Slipknot and Def Leppard for ages now. 

Friday:

BMTH / TOP / Cardi B / Sundara Karma / Rex Orange County / Saba / The Magic Gang 

R1:  Blossoms / Loyle Carner / Bicep / Amine / Clairo / Ski Mask the Slump God / Bad Sounds

DS: IGLOOGHOST 1Xtra: Rejjie Snow FR: Declan McKenna

Saturday:

Arctic Monkeys / A$ap Rocky /  Slaves / Circa Waves / Dave / Parquet Courts / Arcane Roots

R1: Giggs / Rat Boy / Denzel Curry /  Princess Nokia / Peace / Tom Misch / Yonaka 

DS: My Nu Leng 1Xtra: Stefflon Don FR: Willie J Healey  

Sunday:

Kanye West / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Kali Uchis / BROCKHAMPTON / Jorja Smith / IDLES / Black Honey 

R1:  You me at Six / Sza / Lil Uzi Vert /Fidlar / Swim Deep /  Her's / Boy Azooga 

DS: Dillon Francis 1Xtra: JPEGMAFIA FR: HMTLD

Some out there picks but cba for them all to be the same. Actually doubting there being a 'hip hop headliner' and think they'll rarther just give  more prominent slots to hip hop artists, but again just trying to differentiate. Doubt they'll book both 1975 and AM, one they don't will probably do glasto  

Edit to last weeks prediction:

Friday:

Main: BMTH/TOP / Cardi B / All Time Low / Good Charlotte / While She Sleeps / The Magic Gang / Black Honey / Yonaka

NME: Giggs / Anderson .Paak / Stefflon Don / The Sherlocks / Yungblud / The Big Moon

Dance: Chase & Status (dj set)  Lock up: New Found Glory  FR: Sundara Karma  1xtra: Smokepurpp

Saturday:

Main: Drake / The Streets / Rag'n'bone Man / Cage the Elephant / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet / State Champs / Basement / The Fever 333

NME: Blossoms / Anne Marie / Bugzy Malone / Peace / Mabel / Rejjie Snow

Dance: Eric Prydz  Pit: Alexisonfire  FR: Editors  1xtra: Russ

Sunday:

Main: The 1975 / TDCC / Jamie XX / BROCKHAMPTON / Pvris / Marmozets / The Amity Affliction / Astroid Boys / Seaway

NME: The Prodigy / Jorja Smith / Lower Than Atlantis / Neck Deep / Yxng Bane / Idles

Dance: Gorgon City  Pit: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes  FR: Rat Boy  1xtra: Dave

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If Green Day were to headline, I think a day like this would suit them:

Green Day / The Streets / Slaves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Hives / IDLES / Greta Van Fleet / The Fever 333 / Dream State 

Think there'd need to be a contemporary hip hop artist in a decent spot. I was thinking something like:

GREEN DAY / Catfish & the Bottlemen / Cardi B / The Offspring / Cage the Elephant / The Amazons / Less Than Jake / Seaway / Muncie Girls

BRING ME THE HORIZON / TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Giggs, Schoolboy Q, Good Charlotte, Greta Van Fleet
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Sigala
DS: Kaytranada / LU: Bowling For Soup / FR: Editors / 1xtra: Dave

GREEN DAY, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Cardi B, The Offspring, Cage the Elephant, The Amazons
R1: Jamie xx, Anne Marie, Bugzy Malone, Stefflon Don
DS: Tchami / Pit: The Amity Affliction / FR: Eden / 1xtra: Pusha T

THE 1975, Chance the Rapper, Vampire Weekend, The Hunna, Brockhampton, Idles
R1: Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Rat Boy, Pale Waves
DS: Gorgon City / Pit: The Distillers / FR: The Sherlocks / 1xtra: Smokepurpp

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Green Day / The Streets / Slaves / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Hives / IDLES / Greta Van Fleet / The Fever 333 / Dream State 

They don't really do days to suit the headliner anymore, do they? Would have thought it more likely that those acts are spread across all three days and there were some less heavy acts on that day. Think @SomeoneListeningIn's one is more realistic.

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

BRING ME THE HORIZON / TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Giggs, Schoolboy Q, Good Charlotte, Greta Van Fleet
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Sigala
DS: Kaytranada / LU: Bowling For Soup / FR: Editors / 1xtra: Dave

GREEN DAY, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Cardi B, The Offspring, Cage the Elephant, The Amazons
R1: Jamie xx, Anne Marie, Bugzy Malone, Stefflon Don
DS: Tchami / Pit: The Amity Affliction / FR: Eden / 1xtra: Pusha T

THE 1975, Chance the Rapper, Vampire Weekend, The Hunna, Brockhampton, Idles
R1: Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Rat Boy, Pale Waves
DS: Gorgon City / Pit: The Distillers / FR: The Sherlocks / 1xtra: Smokepurpp

Are Editors really this small? I think a bit bigger than the FR Headliner? Although it would be a great set with those clashes it would be rammed.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'd like that but why would they have Slaves third down without a new album, a year after being third down the second stage?

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

Are Editors really this small? I think a bit bigger than the FR Headliner? Although it would be a great set with those clashes it would be rammed.

I don't think they'll play because they seem to have done August fests for the last 3 years or so. I doubt they'd pack it out anyway, they aren't popular with this crowd are they?

Edited by Steve1000

1 hour ago, gfa said:

43 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think they'll play because they seem to have done August fests for the last 3 years or so. I doubt they'd pack it out anyway, they aren't popular with this crowd are they?

Reckon they're too big a band to accept it but they definitely wouldn't overfill it at R&L these days.

They're just one of them bands that aren't suited to the festival anymore so wouldn't be booked.

55 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Reckon they're too big a band to accept it but they definitely wouldn't overfill it at R&L these days.

They're just one of them bands that aren't suited to the festival anymore so wouldn't be booked.

Yeah that was my thinking they headlined Truck i think this year. I think it would be a fairly popular set as the indie one for people not too into BMTH. I'd probably go to it at least :/

14 hours ago, gfa said:

Yeah that was my thinking they headlined Truck i think this year. I think it would be a fairly popular set as the indie one for people not too into BMTH. I'd probably go to it at least ?

They subbed at truck and at NBHD weekender headlined second stage. Reckon they’d do it, latest album is class and they headline bigger stuff on the continent, oddly 

23 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

They subbed at truck and at NBHD weekender headlined second stage. Reckon they’d do it, latest album is class and they headline bigger stuff on the continent, oddly 

Ah yeah my mistake, that would make more sense.

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Royal Blood / Bring Me The Horizon, Frank Turner, Brockhampton, Neck Deep, Arcane Roots, Turbowolf, The Amity Affliction, Beartooth
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental, Foster The People, Death Grips, Modestep, The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975, Childish Gambino, Blossoms, Portugal. The Man, The Horrors, While She Sleeps, The Sherlocks, Airbourne, Pale Waves
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper, Hannah Wants, Drenge, Hinds, Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Kanye West, Twenty One Pilots, Chvrches, Glass Animals, MIST, Deaf Havana, Sundara Karma, METZ, Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Enter Shikari, The Gaslight Anthem, The Amazons, Fickle Friends, The Weekend
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

Edited by VCK

9 minutes ago, VCK said:

READING FRIDAY / LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Royal Blood / Bring Me The Horizon, Frank Turner, Brockhampton, Neck Deep, Arcane Roots, Turbowolf, The Amity Affliction, Beartooth
RADIO 1 STAGE: Rudimental, Foster The People, Death Grips, Modestep, The Blinders
DANCE STAGE: My Nu Leng
THE LOCK UP: Sleeping With Sirens
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Peace

READING SATURDAY / LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: The 1975, Childish Gambino, Blossoms, Portugal. The Man, The Horrors, While She Sleeps, The Sherlocks, Airbourne, The Orwells
RADIO 1 STAGE: Chance The Rapper, Hannah Wants, Drenge, Hinds, Car Seat Headrest
DANCE STAGE: Dillon Francis
THE PIT: NOFX
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Johnny Marr

READING SUNDAY / LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Kanye West, Twenty One Pilots, Chvrches, Glass Animals, MIST, Deaf Havana, Sundara Karma, METZ, Let's Eat Grandma
RADIO 1 STAGE: Enter Shikari, The Gaslight Anthem, The Amazons, Fickle Friends, The Weekend
DANCE STAGE: Sub Focus
THE PIT: Marmozets
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC STAGE: Fat White Family

Can't see Car Seat Headrest playing. Doubt  Blossoms will play the same slot. Would love Gambino though 

4 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

The Orwells no longer exist, as 3 of them were accused/convicted  of rape...

Wow, had no idea. Could have sworn they played just last year. Anyway, taken them out and put in Pale Waves.

3 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Can't see Car Seat Headrest playing. Doubt  Blossoms will play the same slot. Would love Gambino though 

The Vaccines played the same slot two years on from the last time. Can't see Blossoms going higher than 3rd Main but they'd probably be a weaker choice for Radio 1 headliner.

Childish Gambino would be brilliant as a sub.

And CSH is just a personal wish, ha.

Edited by VCK

Cool selection of acts there. Quite a lot of repeats from this year though, particularly the likes of Hinds and The Horrors facing massive bump ups for no particular reason. I don't think Frank Turner will play that high nowadays but he's probably due a return nonetheless in some capacity.

Gambino keeps reiterating how he won't be touring any longer so I don't see him being in the mix for R+L. Heavily rumoured for Coachella so could see that being the last show. Unless, of course, it's in fact the first Donald Glover show and he tours like that from now on but that'd be dumb as hell.

Finally, by "The Weekend", do you mean some band who go by that name or do you mean the massive pop star The Weeknd? Hope it's not the latter you're putting below Fickle Friends. :P I have actually been thinking about The Weeknd (the singer) headlining R+L as sort of an outside shot - I've said for years he would be too pop for R+L but the festival has completely undone that now and is probably working on a new album so he's fair game.

Have decided to think up a few acts who could sub and 3rd down each stage as my prediction has been looking pretty bland. Here's my updated one anyway:

Friday:

Main: Twenty One Pilots/Bring Me The Horizon (co-head)//Chance The Rapper//Enter Shikari//Cage The Elephant//Marmozets//Pale Waves//Astroid Boys//Estrons

R1: CHVRCHES//Lil Uzi Vert//Andrew WK//The Amazons//Drenge//Saba//Boston Manor//Tokyo Police Club//Anteros//Hookworms

Dance: Kaytranada//George Fitzgerald//Hot Since 82

Pit: Bowling For Soup//Coheed and Cambria//Touche Amore

FR: My Bloody Valentine//Dermot Kennedy//Marsicians

1Xtra: Denzel Curry//Avelino//Jazz Cartier

Saturday

Main: The 1975//The Streets//Vampire Weekend//BROCKHAMPTON//Lower Than Atlantis//The Neighbourhood//Greta Van Fleet//Black Honey//Yonaka

R1: A$AP Rocky//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Sigala//Neck Deep//Fidlar//J.I.D//Barns Courtney//Yungblud//The Night Cafe//HUNNY

Dance: Gorgon City//Preditah//Metrik

Pit: The Story So Far//The Word Alive//Ghostmane

FR: Parquet Courts//The Big Moon//JAWS

1Xtra: Stefflon Don//Section Boyz//Tee Grizzley

Sunday:

Main: Green Day//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Parkway Drive//The Offspring//Bugzy Malone//IDLES//Basement//Turbowolf//WSTR

R1: Chase & Status (Closing Set)//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Django Django//Anne-Marie//Miles Kane//Peace//Princess Nokia//Bad Sounds//Soccer Mommy//Hippo Campus

Dance: Disciples//GTA//Tom Zanetti & K.O.Kane

Pit: State Champs//The Ghost Inside//Atreyu

1Xtra: Jay Rock//YBN Nahmir//Not3s