The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Bring Me The Horizon + Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Deftones / Bugzy Malone / Alkaline Trio / Bury Tomorrow / nothing, nowhere. / Dream State 

CHVRCHES / The Amazons 

Alkaline Trio 

The 1975 / Two Door Cinema Club / A$AP Rocky / Good Charlotte / The Neighbourhood / Pale Waves / Basement / The Fever 333 / WSTR 

Jamie xx / Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals 

The Story So Far 

Arctic Monkeys / The Streets / The Hunna / Miles Kane / The Hives / DMA’s / Greta Van Fleet / Boston Manor / YONAKA 

All Time Low / Lower Than Atlantis 

Ghostemane 

Edited by Andre91

MS:Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Bullet For My Valentine, Slaves, Neck Deep, Basement, Idles, Muncie Girls                Radio 1: CHRVCHES, Cardi B, Drenge, Yonaka                                                                                                                                                                                    LU: Alkaline Trio, The Story So Far, Muncie Girls (Two Sets), Heavy Lungs                                                                                                                                   

MS: Drake, Chase & Status LIVE, A$AP Rocky, Run The Jewels, Miles Kane, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Pale Waves, Bury Tomorrow, Spring King                 

Radio 1: The Prodigy, Glassjaw, Sleaford Mods,                                                                                                                                                                  Pit: Gorjira, Asking Alexandria, Dream State, Sikth                                                                                                                                                                                                

MS: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Frank Turner, The Hives, DMA'S, FIDLAR, Greta Van Fleet, Milk Teeth, The Blinders  Radio 1: Architects, PVRIS, While She Sleeps, Zach De Le Rocha                                                                                                                                         Pit: Alexisonfire, Every Time I Die, Tunrstile, Code Orange                                                                                                                          

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Now that 2018 is over...

Friday
Main: Twenty One Pilots / Bring Me the Horizon (coheadline), Cardi B, You Me at Six, Lil Uzi Vert, While She Sleeps, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
R1: Chase & Status DJ (closing set), Blossoms, Rat Boy, Sigala, Eden, Idles, Yungblud, Juice WRLD, Princess Nokia
Dance: Kaytranada
Pit: The Distillers
FR: Editors
1xtra: Smokepurpp

Saturday
Main: Drake, Two Door Cinema Club, Jamie xx, Brockhampton, Pale Waves, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
R1: The Prodigy, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Bugzy Malone, Neck Deep, Mabel, Rejjie Snow, Drenge, Noname, Nina Nesbitt
Dance: Tchami
Pit: The Hives
FR: Lewis Capaldi
1xtra: Dave

Sunday
Main: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Skepta, Cage the Elephant, Sundara Karma, Greta Van Fleet, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
R1: Giggs, Jorja Smith, Charli xcx, Stefflon Don, The Sherlocks, Amber Run, Dagny, Denzel Curry, Lucy Rose, Foxing
Dance: Gorgon City
Lock Up: The Amity Affliction
FR: Honne
1xtra: Pusha T

Looks aight. Maybe a bit weak with so much new stuff but I could be accused of not knowing what's current.

I don't see Pale Waves actually making it that big now The 1975 are coming back - thought it was gonna be a thing where they fed the 1975 crowd for a bit then dads came back, but now I can't see them being that big next year. Def not bigger than arena band Bowling For Soup.

The Prodigy, as Gazza said, won't be playing the NME stage. They're still too big and would never accept it - they haven't even accepted anything but a main stage headline slot in this country for about a decade.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon + Twenty One Pilots / Skepta / Deftones / Bugzy Malone / Alkaline Trio / Bury Tomorrow / nothing, nowhere. / Dream State 

CHVRCHES / The Amazons 

Alkaline Trio 

The 1975 / Two Door Cinema Club / A$AP Rocky / Good Charlotte / The Neighbourhood / Pale Waves / Basement / The Fever 333 / WSTR 

Jamie xx / Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals 

The Story So Far 

Arctic Monkeys / The Streets / The Hunna / Miles Kane / The Hives / DMA’s / Greta Van Fleet / Boston Manor / YONAKA 

All Time Low / Lower Than Atlantis 

Ghostemane 

Hmm, some problems with this one. Rocky being higher than his last slot seems off because he's fallen way off - maybe an NME headliner? As I said the other day, Miles Kane definitely isn't playing that high up. He was sixth down the Monkeys' day at TRNSMT - below Declan McKenna - so I don't think they're out there dragging him up lineups. DMA's were sixth down NME this year on a new album so I don't see them jumping up a stage, and not above GVF either. Deftones probably a bit low as well given that they're gonna be a sub at Download for the foreseeable future, maybe even moving beyond that, so I think they'd probably be afforded the same at Reading if they were to ever return.

But I think the headliners/subs seem are legit and about what I'd say (if you're sticking with BMTH at Reading for the rest of the day :P) and Good Charlotte mid-main is an excellent shout given this year's noughties Kerrang! flavour so I'm gonna steal that one.

@dentalplan yeah I guess you could swap A$AP out for Cardi B who I could see going down a storm at R&L. 

Miles Kane has got quite a big tour coming up playing lots of O2 Academies up and down the country including Brixton so I can definitely see him playing Main Stage. Maybe 4th down is a stretch. Could always swap him and The Hives around but I don’t think The Hives are big enough for 4th down really. 

Deftones is a strange one. They do seem to be stuck in the sub slot at DL forever but I don’t think that’d equate to them being offered sub at R&L. 3rd down would seem right for them I think but would they look out of place playing 4th down in 2019 to an almost certainly poor crowd? 

I do keep flip flopping between DL and R&L for BMTH but I’m sticking with them at R&L for today :lol: 

Friday

Main: Bring Me The Horizon/Twenty One Pilots(Co-Headline)//Future//BROCKHAMPTON//Sundara Karma//Marmozets//Pale Waves//Astroid Boys//Estrons

R1: Vampire Weekend//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Rat Boy//Neck Deep//Dave//Idles//Car Seat Headrest//Boston Manor//Bad Sounds

Dance: Martin Solveig

Pit: The Amity Affliction

FR: Parquet Courts

1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Saturday

Main: Drake//Two Door Cinema Club//Enter Shikari//Parkway Drive//Flatbush Zombies//Greta Van Fleet//The Neighbourhood//Turbowwolf//Yonaka

R1: Chase & Status DJ Set//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Lil Uzi Vert//Stefflon Don//Bugzy Malone//Peace//J.I.D//Blaenavon//Princess Nokia

Dance: Gorgon City

Pit: Dropkick Murphys

FR: Editors

1Xtra: Earl Sweatshirt

Sunday

Main: Arctic Monkeys//The Streets//Jamie XX//Twin Atlantic//Good Charlotte//Drenge//Swmrs//Black Honey//Anteros

R1: Giggs//Lower Than Atlantis//Charli XCX//Young Thug//Miles Kane//Rejjie Snow//The Amazons//WSTR

Dance: Disciples

Pit: The Hives

FR: The Magic Gang

1Xtra: Smokepurpp

20 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

THE LOCK UP/PIT STAGE PREDECTION

Lock Up: Alkaline Trio, The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, Protomartyr, Muncie Girls (two sets one on the main stage), PUP, Clowns, Bully, Heavy Lungs, Queen Zee.

Pit: Alexisonfire, Greta Van Fleet, Cancer Bats, Code Orange, Rolo Tomassi, Employed to Serve, Venom Prison, Cassels, Youth Man, Leeched.

Pit: Frank Carter & The rattlesnakes, Every Time I die, Turnstile, Jamie Lenman, Knuckle Puck, Pissed Jeans, Joyce Manor, The Frights, Plauge Vendor, Strange Bones, Groove Street Families.

Edited by Alex Winstone

My turn.

THE 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Jamie xx, The Offspring, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Idles, Fickle Friends
R1: Giggs, Rat Boy, Stefflon Don, Peace, Drenge, The Big Moon
DS: Gorgon City / FR: The Sherlocks / LU: State Champs / 1X: Action Bronson

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Streets, Chvrches, Sza, Brockhampton, Sundara Karma, Temples
R1: Marshmello, Anne Marie, Bugzy Malone, Miles Kane, Juice Wrld, Yungblud
DS: Sbtrkt / FR: Hmltd / Pit: Alien Ant Farm / 1X: Dave

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, alt-J, Cardi B, Good Charlotte, Cage the Elephant, Marmozets, The Fever 333
R1: Blossoms, The Amazons, Neck Deep, Pale Waves, Mabel, Not3s
DS: Steve Aoki / FR: The Cribs / Pit: Taking Back Sunday / 1X: Goldlink

15 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Neck Deep won't be around, they've said the Don Broco tour dates are their last dates for a while.

I'm leaning towards them getting BMTH rather than TOP as well.

Fair enough on Neck Deep. I just figured it was probably time for them to play on this album tour but if they're cutting it short then maybe next time. 

TOP seem to be in the bag, to me. Their dates make it tricky to announce anything other than late summer. If BMTH play then I think they play as well as them, but they're still in the mix for Download as far as I see it so I'm sticking with them missing R+L next year.

Main: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Twenty One Pilots / Chvrches / Weezer / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Pale Waves / SWMRS / Dream Wife / Milk Teeth
Radio 1: The Streets / Miles Kane / Stefflon Don / Kate Nash / Superorganism / Drenge
Dance:  Fatboy Slim / The Black Madonna / Camelphat
Pit: Alient Ant Farm 
1Xtra: Anderson.Paak
FR: Courtney Barnett

Main: DRAKE / Catfish & the Bottlemen / Cardi B / Cage The Elephant / The Offspring / Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / Marmozets
Radio 1: Annie Mac / Enter Shikari / Bugzy Malone / Peace / Yungblud / Sam Fender / Kojey Radical / Idles
Dance:  Craig David's TS5 / Duke Dumont / Oliver Heldens
Pit: All Time Low
1 Xtra: Kano
FR: Jake Bugg (Acoustic)

MAIN: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE / Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Brockhampton / SZA / The Magic Gang / Black Honey
Radio 1: The Prodigy / Blossoms /  The Amazons / Ray BLK / Mabel / The Big Moon / The Blinders / Lucy Rose
Dance: Hannah Wants / Idris Elba / Sigala
Pit: Dropkick Murphys
1 Xtra: Chip
FR:  Ratboy

27 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Main: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Twenty One Pilots / Chvrches / Weezer / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Pale Waves / SWMRS / Dream Wife / Milk Teeth
Radio 1: The Streets / Miles Kane / Stefflon Don / Kate Nash / Superorganism / Drenge
Dance:  Fatboy Slim / The Black Madonna / Camelphat
Pit: Alient Ant Farm 
1Xtra: Anderson.Paak
FR: Courtney Barnett

Main: DRAKE / Catfish & the Bottlemen / Cardi B / Cage The Elephant / The Offspring / Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / Marmozets
Radio 1: Annie Mac / Enter Shikari / Bugzy Malone / Peace / Yungblud / Sam Fender / Kojey Radical / Idles
Dance:  Craig David's TS5 / Duke Dumont / Oliver Heldens
Pit: All Time Low
1 Xtra: Kano
FR: Jake Bugg (Acoustic)

MAIN: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE / Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Brockhampton / SZA / The Magic Gang / Black Honey
Radio 1: The Prodigy / Blossoms /  The Amazons / Ray BLK / Mabel / The Big Moon / The Blinders / Lucy Rose
Dance: Hannah Wants / Idris Elba / Sigala
Pit: Dropkick Murphys
1 Xtra: Chip
FR:  Ratboy

This ain't it chief.

Kate Nash won't be back, Fatboy Slim won't play the same slot he did two years ago, Anderson .Paak is too big for the 1Xtra, Frank Turner is too big for 6th down main, Annie Mac won't headline the R1 a year after headlining the dance tent, Enter Shikari are probably too big to sub the R1, Duke Dumont and Oliver Heldens are way too big for those slots an have both already headlined that stage, All Time Low would probably be around 3rd 4th main, Stormzy would probably co-head If he did play, Blossoms would probably headline the R1 rather than sub it and Ratboy is way too big for FR, I'd say R1 sub or 3rd down.

EDIT: Also Jake Bugg probably won't play again at all, he wouldn't accept that slot although he can't be too much bigger than it.

Edited by TheWaters

You might be right with some of those points but I would say;

1.  I heard that Kate Nash went down well in the FR tent.  When The Wombats headlined it a few years ago, they were bumped up to the Radio 1 stage the next year so that could happen for her.  Especially with the Glow-boost and FR's desire to have more females on the line-up

2. At one point, I was expecting to see Frank Turner make it into the top 3 on Main but he seems to have stalled a bit. I think he'd take any slot to be at Reading again.

3. I don't see why Fatboy Slim wouldn't return after 2 years.   R&L have no issues with acts returning to headline the festival itself after just 2 years (see FOB).

4. Annie Mac had a huge crowd in the dance tent, I think she could pull it off as a 'closing set' after someone like Enter Shikari as the main headliner (see Netsky/Pendulum).

You're probably right about All Time Low/Blossoms/Rat Boy.  

Jake Bugg is a weird one.  It'd certainly be a fall from subbing the main festival but he dropped from Other headliner to JP headliner at Glastonbury and is headlining the smaller festivals like Truck now.  He'd be a big headliner for FR tent but I wouldn't be entirely surprised by it.

Main: BMTH/TOP (co-headline)/ YMAS/ Stormzy/ The Hunna/ Greta Van Fleet/ The Neighbourhood/ SWMRS

R1: CHVRCHES/ Tom Misch/ Circa Waves/ The Hives/ Peace/ Miles Kane/ Rejjie Snow/ Not3s

Dance: SBTRKT

FR: The Cribs

Main: Arctic Monkeys/ Interpol/Jamie XX / Sundara Karma/ Drenge/ Idles/ Pale Waves/ Anteros 

R1: Rudimental/ Anderson Paak/ Bicep (live) Rat Boy// Stefflon Don/ Dave/ Blaenavon/ Bad Sounds 

Dance: George FitzGerald

Pit/Lock-up: Alexisonfire

FR: HMLTD

1Xtra: Goldlink

Main: The 1975/ Lorde (special guest?) / Years and Years/ Christine and the Queens/ BROCKHAMPTON/Sigrid/ Beartooth/ The Amity Affliction 

R1: Chase & Status/ Jungle/ Jax Jones/ Jorja Smith/ Frank Carter/ The Sherlocks/ Sam Fender/ Billie Ellish

Dance: Gorgon City (early finish)

FR: Kaiser Chiefs

Pit/Lock- Up: Dropkick Murphy’s 

1xtra: Smokepurp

12 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Main: BMTH/TOP (co-headline)/ YMAS/ Stormzy/ The Hunna/ Greta Van Fleet/ The Neighbourhood/ SWMRS

R1: CHVRCHES/ Tom Misch/ Circa Waves/ The Hives/ Peace/ Miles Kane/ Rejjie Snow/ Not3s

Dance: SBTRKT

FR: The Cribs

Main: Arctic Monkeys/ Interpol/Jamie XX / Sundara Karma/ Drenge/ Idles/ Pale Waves/ Anteros 

R1: Rudimental/ Anderson Paak/ Bicep (live) Rat Boy// Stefflon Don/ Dave/ Blaenavon/ Bad Sounds 

Dance: George FitzGerald

Pit/Lock-up: Alexisonfire

FR: HMLTD

1Xtra: Goldlink

Main: The 1975/ Lorde (special guest?) / Years and Years/ Christine and the Queens/ BROCKHAMPTON/Sigrid/ Beartooth/ The Amity Affliction 

R1: Chase & Status/ Jungle/ Jax Jones/ Jorja Smith/ Frank Carter/ The Sherlocks/ Sam Fender/ Billie Ellish

Dance: Gorgon City (early finish)

FR: Kaiser Chiefs

Pit/Lock- Up: Dropkick Murphy’s 

1xtra: Smokepurp

Stormzy 4th down are you alright 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She wouldn't even be big enough to sub.

She sold out all her U.K. dates the last time she was on tour. She’s got the same, albeit more ‘alternative’, appeal to Dua Lipa with tracks like Green light and Royals. Subbing a co-headliner might be good. 

Friday:

Main Stage

BRING ME THE HORIZON / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Joey Bada$$ / BROCKHAMPTON / The Neighbourhood

Radio 1

Jamie XX / Vince Staples / The Sherlocks

Dance

Example + DJ Wire

The Lock Up

Lower Than Atlantis

FR

Ten Tonnes

1Xtra

SOB X RBE

Saturday:

Main Stage

J. COLE / Two Door Cinema Club / Dizzee Rascal / RAT BOY / Frank Carter / SWMRS

Radio 1

Blossoms / Anderson Paak / Jorja Smith

Dance

Gorgon City

The Pit

Alexisonfire

FR

Sundara Karma

1Xtra

Billie Eilish

Sunday:

Main Stage

ARCTIC MONKEYS / Childish Gambino / SZA / Jamie T / Pvris / Miles Kane

Radio 1

Chase & Status / Don Broco / Circa Waves

Dance

Holy Goof

FR

Yungblud

1Xtra

YBN Nahmir

50 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

She sold out all her U.K. dates the last time she was on tour. She’s got the same, albeit more ‘alternative’, appeal to Dua Lipa with tracks like Green light and Royals. Subbing a co-headliner might be good. 

Loads of acts sell out all their dates on a tour. She was on a pretty well-sized tour but not sub level or anything, and they certainly didn't sell out quickly. She might have the same (probably more so) alternative appeal as Dua Lipa but she definitely hasn't got the wide appeal that Dua Lipa has, and she was fourth down! Anyway, Lorde played third down at Parklife beneath N.E.R.D so she clearly isn't a sub. Maybe an NME headliner, if festivals are still bothered about booking her on the next album.

24 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

People expecting a big year for HMLTD? 

Hope it happens but they got about 40 people in the FR. Fucking sick though were those boys

Yeah definitely. The lack of an album has been holding them away from major audiences for a while. I think they'll make a massive splash when that's actually out, and that should come some time before next summer.

edit: ooh shit they're supporting NIN and JAMC in America this winter. Think I might have underestimated their ascent.

Edited by dentalplan