The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Massively man!....he would have to sub headline mainstage comfortably even thought deadmau5 for e.g. has topped NME. Jack U did that as well tbf.

He gets headline at Cream every year regardless of his output and stages almost a yearly residency in Vegas....like Calvin Harris, moved past Ibiza yearly residencies.

Fair aha, admittedly Dance stage headliners aren't my strongpoint but I had no idea he was that massive.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fair aha, admittedly Dance stage headliners aren't my strongpoint but I had no idea he was that massive.

He makes utter shit now, I loved him back in the good days...I won't mention songs as you won't know anything bar Adagio for Strings probably 

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Why? They'd probably be that size by then, if they basically aren't already. 

I could see the argument that they'd want to be playing main stages, given their rapid growth, instead of playing to a small crowd up against a big headliner. They'd probably drag more people in than The Offspring though.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I could see the argument that they'd want to be playing main stages, given their rapid growth, instead of playing to a small crowd up against a big headliner. They'd probably drag more people in than The Offspring though.

Yeah that makes sense and was something I considered, but I don't think you can abruptly rule it out based off that. They have bands headline the FR off 1 or 2 albums most years, is it any different?

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Lana Del Rey, Weezer, Bryson Tiller, Charli XCX, Alkaline Trio
R1: Vampire Weekend, Miles Kane, Pusha T
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Idles / 1X: Yxng Bane / Pit: Coheed and Cambria

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Black Keys, Cage The Elephant, Good Charlotte, Flatbush Zombies, Greta Van Fleet
R1: Chase & Status, Jungle, The Internet
DS: Noisia / FR: Sundara Karma / 1X: Russ / LU: Dropkick Murphys

THE 1975, Skepta, Chvrches, All Time Low, Wiz Khalifa, Marmozets
R1: Marilyn Manson, The Hives, AlunaGeorge
DS: Nero / FR: The Cribs / 1X: Rick Ross / Pit: Scars on Broadway

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Lana Del Rey, Weezer, Bryson Tiller, Charli XCX, Alkaline Trio
R1: Vampire Weekend, Miles Kane, Pusha T
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Idles / 1X: Yxng Bane / Pit: Coheed and Cambria

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Black Keys, Cage The Elephant, Good Charlotte, Flatbush Zombies, Greta Van Fleet
R1: Chase & Status, Jungle, The Internet
DS: Noisia / FR: Sundara Karma / 1X: Russ / LU: Dropkick Murphys

THE 1975, Skepta, Chvrches, All Time Low, Wiz Khalifa, Marmozets
R1: Marilyn Manson, The Hives, AlunaGeorge
DS: Nero / FR: The Cribs / 1X: Rick Ross / Pit: Scars on Broadway

Move Cribs to Pit. Was on a night out with Ryan Harman the other week and he said they'll be headlining the Pit next year.

• Like 4

Twenty One Pilots / A$AP Rocky / The Hunna / Good Charlotte / Alkaline Trio / Section Boyz / Bury Tomorrow / nothing, nowhere / Dream State 

Blossoms / DMA’s

The 1975 / Two Door Cinema Club / Cardi B / Glass Animals / The Neighbourhood / Cabbage / Boston Manor / Pale Waves / WSTR 

Jamie xx / Rae Sremmurd 

Arctic Monkeys / Skepta / CHVRCHES / Miles Kane / The Amazons / The Hives / Greta Van Fleet / YONAKA / Trophy Eyes 

All Time Low / Circa Waves 

Had a rework, also took a few acts from other predictions

Friday:

MAIN: Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino, CHVRCHES, Parkway Drive, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Marmozets, Pale Waves, Blaenavon, Estrons

R1: Twin Atlantic, Lil Uzi Vert, Charli XCX, Sigma, Flatbush Zombies, Declan McKenna, Car Seat Headrest

Dance: Martin Solveig Pit: Good Charlotte FR: Peace 1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Saturday:
Main: Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club, Enter Shikari, Everything Everything, Dave, The Amazons, IDLES, Turbowolf, Yonaka

R1: Vampire Weekend, The Hunna, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Earl Sweatshirt, Fidlar, Astroid Boys

Dance: Gorgon City Pit: The Hives FR: Parquet Courts 1Xtra: Pusha T

Sunday:
Main: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, A$AP Rocky, Miles Kane, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Drenge, Code Orange, WSTR, Anteros

R1: Rae Sremmurd, Lower Than Atlantis, Rat Boy, Django Django, Daniel Ceaser, Rejjie Snow, Greta Van Fleet

Dance: Disciples Pit: Dropkick Murphys FR: The Sherlocks 1Xtra: Kano

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Had a rework, also took a few acts from other predictions

Friday:

MAIN: Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino, CHVRCHES, Parkway Drive, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Marmozets, Pale Waves, Blaenavon, Estrons

R1: Twin Atlantic, Lil Uzi Vert, Charli XCX, Sigma, Flatbush Zombies, Declan McKenna, Car Seat Headrest

Dance: Martin Solveig Pit: Good Charlotte FR: Peace 1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Saturday:
Main: Stormzy, Two Door Cinema Club, Enter Shikari, Everything Everything, Dave, The Amazons, IDLES, Turbowolf, Yonaka

R1: Vampire Weekend, The Hunna, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Earl Sweatshirt, Fidlar, Astroid Boys

Dance: Gorgon City Pit: The Hives FR: Parquet Courts 1Xtra: Pusha T

Sunday:
Main: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, A$AP Rocky, Miles Kane, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Drenge, Code Orange, WSTR, Anteros

R1: Rae Sremmurd, Lower Than Atlantis, Rat Boy, Django Django, Daniel Ceaser, Rejjie Snow, Greta Van Fleet

Dance: Disciples Pit: Dropkick Murphys FR: The Sherlocks 1Xtra: Kano

I reckon Andy Paak will be too big for 5th down main by next year. Reckon this album is gonna take off.

And Jesus Christ, Stormzy vs. Vampire Weekend vs. The Hives vs. Parquet Courts vs. Pusha T.

5 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I reckon Andy Paak will be too big for 5th down main by next year. Reckon this album is gonna take off.

And Jesus Christ, Stormzy vs. Vampire Weekend vs. The Hives vs. Parquet Courts vs. Pusha T.

Completely forgot about the album, yeah definitely.

Haha looking back on it those headliners are way too strong to all be the same day lmao, I'm gonna shift them round a bit.

Just now, frontsidecab said:

Anderson .Paak would be an awesome headline NME set, saw him close the Barn this year at Rock Werchter and it was utterly brilliant.

Forgot to add to that poster that I have a closing DJ set after Paak (Chase & Status DJ is what I'm predicting) to avoid him clashing with Kaytranada/Pusha, but yeah he'd be great in a slot like that. Saw him headlining the Sounds of the Near Future tent at Parklife last year and it was my favourite set of the weekend.

My dude you misspelt Princess Nokia as “Princess Nockia” and Juice Wrld as “Car Seat Headrest”.

Looks cool though keep it up.

Shit how they didn’t ever bring out a proper poster with logos in the end. And it’s just lines of writing like we do on here but with a yellow bg. I bet there’ll be fewer fakes from now on.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shit how they didn’t ever bring out a proper poster with logos in the end. And it’s just lines of writing like we do on here but with a yellow bg. I bet there’ll be fewer fakes from now on.

I tried to mock up a traditional style poster to see how it'd look but I'm terrible with Gimp/photoshop.

Horizon to headline outright if they play. 

Bring Me The Horizon / A$AP Rocky / The Hunna / Parkway Drive / Bugzy Malone / Alkaline Trio / Bury Tomorrow / nothing, nowhere / Dream State 

Blossoms / The Amazons 

The 1975 + Twenty One Pilots (co-headline) / Two Door Cinema Club / Good Charlotte / The Neighbourhood / Cabbage / Basement / Pale Waves / WSTR 

Jamie xx / Rae Sremmurd 

Arctic Monkeys / The Streets / CHVRCHES / Miles Kane / The Hives / DMA’s / Greta Van Fleet / Boston Manor / YONAKA 

All Time Low / Circa Waves 

What are people's thoughts on these 1975 tunes then?

Personally i'm thinking Give yourself a try is the weakest despite loving it when it first came out it's starting to grate on me a bit. Love it if we made it was the complete opposite however and was unsure about longevity of it with other fans but I now think its a very cleverly crafted song with repetitive rhythm and shouty lyrics it's quite easily memorable and somewhat persuasive. Finally, this new song is just a great pop song that I know I shouldn't like but I do and feel like it will do the best of all the pre-releases with the fans. 

Really looking forward to this album and seeing them on tour again as I think all these above singles would fit straight in to their setlist with ease.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

What are people's thoughts on these 1975 tunes then?

Personally i'm thinking Give yourself a try is the weakest despite loving it when it first came out it's starting to grate on me a bit. Love it if we made it was the complete opposite however and was unsure about longevity of it with other fans but I now think its a very cleverly crafted song with repetitive rhythm and shouty lyrics it's quite easily memorable and somewhat persuasive. Finally, this new song is just a great pop song that I know I shouldn't like but I do and feel like it will do the best of all the pre-releases with the fans. 

Really looking forward to this album and seeing them on tour again as I think all these above singles would fit straight in to their setlist with ease.

Give Yourself a Try is my favourite. The newest one is good but it’s pretty boring in that it doesn’t really go anywhere for me. 

I’m really looking forward to the album still. They would be a great headliner for 2019. 

9 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

Love the tunes. Cant wait for them to headline 2019.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Give Yourself a Try is my favourite. The newest one is good but it’s pretty boring in that it doesn’t really go anywhere for me. 

I’m really looking forward to the album still. They would be a great headliner for 2019. 

Their setup would genuinely be one of the greatest closes in the festivals history in my opinion. The pillars and how backgrounds change the mood for each song is truly breath taking and I've experienced that from academy level to arena and tent environments and its still the same feeling of pure bliss when you watch them perform, doubt it'd be any different closing the main stage. 

• Upvote 1