The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Another one!

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Chance the Rapper, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Greta Van Fleet, Maximo Park
R1: Blossoms, Rat Boy, Stefflon Don, Goldlink
DS: Galantis / FR: Parquet Courts / 1X: Lethal Bizzle / Pit: Scars on Broadway

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Streets, Jamie xx, Everything Everything, Sundara Karma, Marmozets
R1: Marshmello, Anne Marie, Pusha T, Declan McKenna
DS: Kaytranada / FR: Modestep / 1X: Isaiah Rashad / LU: The Wonder Years

THE 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Cardi B, The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Loyle Carner
R1: Rae Sremmurd, Neck Deep, Charli XCX, Pale Waves
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Yungblud / 1X: Dave / Pit: The Hives

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Another one!

TWENTY ONE PILOTS, Chance the Rapper, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Greta Van Fleet, Maximo Park
R1: Blossoms, Rat Boy, Stefflon Don, Goldlink
DS: Galantis / FR: Parquet Courts / 1X: Lethal Bizzle / Pit: Scars on Broadway

ARCTIC MONKEYS, The Streets, Jamie xx, Everything Everything, Sundara Karma, Marmozets
R1: Marshmello, Anne Marie, Pusha T, Declan McKenna
DS: Kaytranada / FR: Modestep / 1X: Isaiah Rashad / LU: The Wonder Years

THE 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Cardi B, The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Loyle Carner
R1: Rae Sremmurd, Neck Deep, Charli XCX, Pale Waves
DS: Gorgon City / FR: Yungblud / 1X: Dave / Pit: The Hives

Modestep on fr is an interesting one

34 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Am not overly familiar with Modestep but aren't they more of a DnB outfit? (Could be completely wrong)

Ye to an extent. But they're a rock band rather than some DJ's, and they've played main at R+L and slots on major stages at Glastonbury and Download.

Edited by dentalplan

I know this contradicts the headliners I've been predicting in the other thread, but had a rethink and this is what I've come up with:

Friday
Main: The 1975/Twenty One Pilots (coheadline),  Cardi B, All Time Low, While She Sleeps, Pale Waves, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Marshmello, Lower Than Atlantis, Rat Boy, Portugal The Man, Bicep, Maximo Park, Amber Run, Princess Nokia
Dance: Chase & Status (DJ)
Pit: The Distillers
FR: Yungblud
1xtra: Vince Staples

Saturday
Main: Drake, The Streets, Vampire Weekend, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Trippie Redd, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Chvrches, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Danny Brown, Idles, Drenge, Nadia Rose, Nina Nesbitt
Dance: Gorgon City
Lock Up: The Amity Affliction
FR: Peace
1xtra: Rich the Kid

Sunday
Main: Blink-182, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Skepta, Limp Bizkit, Rae Sremmurd, Neck Deep, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Blossoms, Loyle Carner, Pvris, Moose Blood, Lil Xan, Rejjie Snow, Fidlar, Lucy Rose
Dance: Tiësto
Pit: Greta Van Fleet
FR: Lewis Capaldi
1xtra: Kano

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 2:34 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know this contradicts the headliners I've been predicting in the other thread, but had a rethink and this is what I've come up with:

Friday
Main: The 1975/Twenty One Pilots (coheadline),  Cardi B, All Time Low, While She Sleeps, Pale Waves, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Marshmello, Lower Than Atlantis, Rat Boy, Portugal The Man, Bicep, Maximo Park, Amber Run, Princess Nokia

Saturday
Main: Drake, The Streets, Vampire Weekend, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Trippie Redd, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Chvrches, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Danny Brown, Idles, Drenge, Nadia Rose, Nina Nesbitt
Lock Up: The Amity Affliction
FR: Peace

Sunday
Main: Blink-182, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Skepta, Limp Bizkit, Rae Sremmurd, Neck Deep, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Blossoms, Loyle Carner, Pvris, Moose Blood, Lil Xan, Rejjie Snow, Fidlar, Lucy Rose

Honestly don't think they'll have Blink back as a headliner. Vampire Weekend I'm sure will sub (would they play below The Streets?) and can't see past Twenty One Pilots and The 1975 doing it on their own. Would Skepta sub at this point aswell?, would be a solid third-down though. Jorja Smith is not suitable for Main Stage at all (Maybe straight switch with Charli XCX?) and think Cardi B would need dropping down a slot imo, though hard to predict how her year ahead will pan out. Reckon Mura Masa could close the R1 and Portugal. The Man/Rat Boy might be a slot or two too low by this point. God knows where Maximo Park would play, don't strike me as a R1 tent band anymore. As a big Amber Run fan I'd think they'd suit a late FR set way more than the ex-NME tent (maybe subbing it would suit best), and would really be surprised to see them headline as everyone has been suggesting this past year. Cool looking line-up with nice variety but would be surprising placement wise imo. 

Maybe Twenty One Pilots->Skepta->The Streets/Drake->Vampire Weekend->Cardi B/1975->Catfish and Marshmello/Chvrches/Blossoms as you suggest.

Edited by frontsidecab

11 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Honestly don't think they'll have Blink back as a headliner. Vampire Weekend I'm sure will sub (would they play below The Streets?) and can't see past Twenty One Pilots and The 1975 doing it on their own. Would Skepta sub at this point aswell?, would be a solid third-down though. Jorja Smith is not suitable for Main Stage at all (Maybe straight switch with Charli XCX?) and think Cardi B would need dropping down a slot imo, though hard to predict how her year ahead will pan out. Reckon Mura Masa could close the R1 and Portugal. The Man/Rat Boy might be a slot or two too low by this point. God knows where Maximo Park would play, don't strike me as a R1 tent band anymore. As a big Amber Run fan I'd think they'd suit a late FR set way more than the ex-NME tent (maybe subbing it would suit best), and would really be surprised to see them headline as everyone has been suggesting this past year. Cool looking line-up with nice variety but would be surprising placement wise imo. 

Maybe Twenty One Pilots->Skepta->The Streets/Drake->Vampire Weekend->Cardi B/1975->Catfish and Marshmello/Chvrches/Blossoms as you suggest.

I'm edging atm towards TOP, Drake and FATM. Catfish to either sub or co-headline with TOP. As much as The 1975 isn't out for me, I feel they'll top Glastonbury this year and headline Reading 2nd time round the following.

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm edging atm towards TOP, Drake and FATM. Catfish to either sub or co-headline with TOP. As much as The 1975 isn't out for me, I feel they'll top Glastonbury this year and headline Reading 2nd time round the following.

You thinking both Arctic Monkeys and The 1975 will headline Glastonbury then?

Can't see Florence and the Machine doing it anymore. The new album is a complete departure from indie rock, and looking at your trio she'd be the indie rock headliner.

Ight then, how about this.

Friday
Main: Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino, Jamie xx, All Time Low, Anderson .paak & the Free Nationals, While She Sleeps, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
R1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Sigala, Danny Brown, Idles, Drenge, Fidlar, Eden, Nina Nesbitt
FR: Editors

Saturday
Main: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Blossoms, Limp Bizkit, Bugzy Malone, The Hives, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
R1: Rae Sremmurd, Jojra Smith, Pvris, Moose Blood, Miles Kane, Honne, Car Seat Headrest, Nadia Rose, Princess Nokia
LU: The Amity Affliction

Sunday
Main: The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Cardi B, Everything Everything, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Pale Waves, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
R1: The Offspring, Lower Than Atlantis, Neck Deep, Portugal. The Man, Lil Xan, Rejjie Snow, Mabel, Amber Run, Lucy Rose

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Editors are comfortably too big for the FR stage imo.

Yeah they'd certainly be very strong for the FR stage, but I don't think it's inconceivable. This summer they're headlining Godiva fest in Coventry (a free festival) and playing 3rd main stage at Boardmasters (same as Miles Kane). Wouldn't be too dissimilar to The Wombats headlining the FR back in 2015, and arguably The Wombats were/are more popular than Editors will be in 2019. The Wombats also headlined Godiva fest a couple of years ago too, for what it's worth.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah they'd certainly be very strong for the FR stage, but I don't think it's inconceivable. This summer they're headlining Godiva fest in Coventry (a free festival) and playing 3rd main stage at Boardmasters (same as Miles Kane). Wouldn't be too dissimilar to The Wombats headlining the FR back in 2015, and arguably The Wombats were/are more popular than Editors will be in 2019. The Wombats also headlined Godiva fest a couple of years ago too, for what it's worth.

I think The Wombats were horribly misjudged though and had a huuuuuge crowd. People couldn't even get into the tent to watch them if I remember correctly. 

And yeah I guess with Editors, they do fairly big tours, but their gigs are full of older people who don't go to R&L. So maybe they'd just take whatever they can get here, or not play at all.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Greta Van Fleet wouldn’t headline The Pit. 

Yeah just threw that one in as a bit of a curveball. Guess you could swap them with The Hives or replace them with someone else.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Ight then, how about this.

Friday
Main: Twenty One Pilots, Childish Gambino, Jamie xx, All Time Low, Anderson .paak & the Free Nationals, While She Sleeps, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
R1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Sigala, Danny Brown, Idles, Drenge, Fidlar, Eden, Nina Nesbitt
FR: Editors

Saturday
Main: Arctic Monkeys, The Streets, Blossoms, Limp Bizkit, Bugzy Malone, The Hives, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
R1: Rae Sremmurd, Jojra Smith, Pvris, Moose Blood, Miles Kane, Honne, Car Seat Headrest, Nadia Rose, Princess Nokia
LU: The Amity Affliction

Sunday
Main: The 1975, Two Door Cinema Club, Cardi B, Everything Everything, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Pale Waves, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
R1: The Offspring, Lower Than Atlantis, Neck Deep, Portugal. The Man, Lil Xan, Rejjie Snow, Mabel, Amber Run, Lucy Rose

SHTI I WILL NOT BE GOING NEXT YEAR !!!!!!

Well, going purely off the latest one, I'd see the top three on R1 Stage on Sunday and maybe six bands total on the main stage, none of which are top three on any of the days.

Literally over a year away though so who the fuck knows. It's more than likely I just need to listen to a lot more stuff and get updated.

Don't know a lot about Tiësto other than he's been around for a while and that Jackie Chan song is pretty big right now so threw him in as a Dance headliner. Is he too big for that slot?

12 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't know a lot about Tiësto other than he's been around for a while and that Jackie Chan song is pretty big right now so threw him in as a Dance headliner. Is he too big for that slot?

Massively man!....he would have to sub headline mainstage comfortably even thought deadmau5 for e.g. has topped NME. Jack U did that as well tbf.

He gets headline at Cream every year regardless of his output and stages almost a yearly residency in Vegas....like Calvin Harris, moved past Ibiza yearly residencies.