The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

THE 1975, Lana Del Rey, Vampire Weekend, All Time Low
Radio 1: Mac DeMarco, Rat Boy
DS: Chase & Status (DJ Set)
LU: Alkaline Trio
FR: Feeder

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Bombay Bicycle Club, Kaiser Chiefs, Years & Years
Radio 1: Deftones, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals
DS: Clean Bandit
PIT: Marmozets
FR: Hinds

SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Tame Impala, Hozier, The Offspring
Radio 1: Catfish & The Bottlemen, G-Eazy
DS: Tchami
PIT: Black Veil Brides
FR: Tom Misch 

10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

THE 1975, Lana Del Rey, Vampire Weekend, All Time Low
Radio 1: Mac DeMarco, Rat Boy
DS: Chase & Status (DJ Set)
LU: Alkaline Trio
FR: Feeder

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Bombay Bicycle Club, Kaiser Chiefs, Years & Years
Radio 1: Deftones, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals
DS: Clean Bandit
PIT: Marmozets
FR: Hinds

SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Tame Impala, Hozier, The Offspring
Radio 1: Catfish & The Bottlemen, G-Eazy
DS: Tchami
PIT: Black Veil Brides
FR: Tom Misch 

Catfish & the Bottlemen are gonna be waaaaaaay too big to headline the R1 stage. They'd arguably get a bigger crowd than SOAD in 2019.

Definitely needs more hip hop acts as well. Don't really see Kaiser Chiefs or Hozier being booked/getting the slots you've suggested either. Mac DeMarco has been in Europe for the R&L weekend in the past too but never been booked, so it seems they're not overly interested in booking him, although if he was then R1 headline is probably about right.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

17 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Catfish & the Bottlemen are gonna be waaaaaaay to big to headline the R1 stage. They'd arguably get a bigger crowd than SOAD in 2019.

See, I did think that, but with Wolf Alice and Skepta closing it this year I feel like it wouldn't be an issue (granted, Kings of Leon are bigger than System of a Down). Plus, Catfish have scooped up all those mid-sized festival headline spots, so I could see them wanting to close a day at R&L rather than be lower on Main. IIRC The 1975 opted for a NME headline spot in 2015.

17 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Needs more hip hop acts as well. 

Yeah I considered swapping Arctics with Kanye but since the latter has gone off the deep end I'll leave him out for now. I don't really know what act I can see taking up a high spot - I think Stormzy might headline Glastonbury and I don't really know enough about Childish Gambino's, J. Cole's, Chance The Rapper's touring plans to shove 'em in. I want new material from JME. 

Edited by JSmurphy

Yeah this year, for all its flaws, definitely raised the upper limits of what an NME headline can be. Skepta headlining Wireless last year above Travis Scott and Wolf Alice obviously woulda been a pretty strong third down act. Catfish still do seem a bit too big nonetheless, especially against SOAD who would be a poor headliner.

Friday
Main: The 1975 / Bring Me the Horizon (coheadline), Cardi B, All Time Low, While She Sleeps, Pale Waves, The Neighbourhood, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Giggs, Rat Boy, The Amazons, Portugal. The Man, Bicep (live), Drenge
Dance: Tchami
Pit: Alexisonfire
FR: Peace
1xtra: Vince Staples

Saturday
Main: Drake, Twenty One Pilots, Glass Animals, The Offspring, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Trippie Redd, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Marshmello (closing set), Blossoms, Charli xcx, Danny Brown, Nadia Rose
Dance: Chase & Status (DJ)
Lock Up: NoFX
FR: Amber Run
1xtra: Rich the Kid

Sunday
Main: Queens of the Stone Age, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Jamie T, Jorja Smith, Loyle Carner, The Hives, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Chvrches, Neck Deep, Pvris, Marmozets, Fat White Family, Denzel Curry
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: The Amity Affliction
FR: Lewis Capaldi
1xtra: Kano

Probably too strong but hey-ho.

Looks alright.

I don't see The 1975 and Bring Me the Horizon coheadline being a thing though. Such a weird and unnecessary match up of styles and fanbases.

edit: although, looking back, my last prediction had a Stormzy/Twenty One Pilots coheadline so I'm probably not in a position to call it.

Edited by dentalplan

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think if they had to consolidate a headline slot from The 1975 because they're playing elsewhere and not headlining, they'd still be the big spoons. Wouldn't be awfully surprised by Two Door or Disclosure round 2 or summat.

I typed out that TDCC would be a laughable coheadliner but then remembered PATD are doing it ffs.

That would be an odd move imo especially as TDCC subbing would still be a step up for them so can't see why they wouldn't be happy with it. The only theory I can get my head around with regards to PATD coheadlining is that they were gonna "headline" but on the other main stage, but then the two main stage thing fell through but they'd already been told they were headlining. Pure speculation in every aspect ofc but it makes some sort of sense at least. So there's no reason to take too much from it going forward, assuming that is what happened.

I really think The 1975 will headline outright if they limit their UK festival appearances in 2019 to R&L. I thought watching their set at Parklife last year that it belonged headlining R&L already, so chuck a few good new tunes in and they'll be brilliant hopefully.

e: I didn't even read yr comment properly, just realised you already acknowledged about it depending on whether they play elsewhere.

Edited by Odessa

44 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I typed out that TDCC would be a laughable coheadliner but then remembered PATD are doing it ffs.

That would be an odd move imo especially as TDCC subbing would still be a step up for them so can't see why they wouldn't be happy with it. The only theory I can get my head around with regards to PATD coheadlining is that they were gonna "headline" but on the other main stage, but then the two main stage thing fell through but they'd already been told they were headlining. Pure speculation in every aspect ofc but it makes some sort of sense at least. So there's no reason to take too much from it going forward, assuming that is what happened.

I really think The 1975 will headline outright if they limit their UK festival appearances in 2019 to R&L. I thought watching their set at Parklife last year that it belonged headlining R&L already, so chuck a few good new tunes in and they'll be brilliant hopefully.

e: I didn't even read yr comment properly, just realised you already acknowledged about it depending on whether they play elsewhere.

If I'm honest, as a band who'd be on their fourth album, probably headlining arenas and suit the festival perfectly (gathering a whopping crowd at Reading last year I believe) then Two Door don't seem like a baffling option at all. The major thing working against them is that they had a setback that knocked them down the lineups again but I think they've worked themselves back up now - if it wasn't for that then it'd be remarkably similar to many headliners recently.

I'm not expecting it and I was just thinking up ideas for bands who remotely share a fanbase with The 1975 that could headline the same day on a budget but I've started to convince myself there. :lol:

But either way, I kind of think The 1975 will play Glastonbury and Reading in separate years across this tour. Can't settle on which order though.

Haven't made a 2019 prediction in a while (this is probably too hopeful or just plain wrong but whatever)

Friday: The 1975/Twenty One Pilots / Cardi B / Glass Animals / Sundara Karma / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Marmozets / Black Honey / Idles

NME: Enter Shikari / Rae Sremmurd / Neck Deep / The Hives / Drenge / Cabbage  Dance: Jax Jones  Lockup: NOFX  FR: The Cribs  1xtra: Russ

Saturday: Green Day / Chance The Rapper / All Time Low / The Offspring / Nines / Pale Waves / The Sherlocks / Astroid Boys / The Interrupters

NME: The Libertines / Cage The Elephant / Kali Uchis / The Internet / The Magic Gang / The Big Moon  Dance: Gorgon City  Pit: Babymetal  FR: Peace  1xtra: Krept And Konan

Sunday: Arctic Monkeys / Catfish And The Bottlemen / Rag'n'bone Man / Jorja Smith / Pvris / Taking Back Sunday / State Champs / Basement / Yonaka

NME: Giggs / Rat Boy / The Amazons / Shame / Ramz / Parquet Courts  Dance: Chase And Status (DJ)  Pit: Bury Tomorrow  FR: Of Monsters And Men  1xtra: Yxng Bane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Friday

MAIN The 1975 / Chance the Rapper / Bombay Bicycle Club / The Hunna / Dave  / New Found Glory / H09909 / Knuckle Puck

R1 Tyler, The Creator / The Gaslight Anthem / Pvris / Lower Than Atlantis / Drenge / Stefflon Don / Fidlar

PIT Scars On Broadway / Every Time I Die / Touche Amore

FR Parquet Courts 1xtra Reggie Snow DS Gorgon City

Saturday

MAIN Arctic Monkeys / Two Door Cinema Club / Skepta / Parkway Drive / Neck Deep / Marmozets / Hinds / Black Honey / Roam

R1 Limp Bizkit / Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals / Charlie XCX / Maximo Park / Idles / The Big Moon / Princess Nokia

LU The Story So Far / Andrew WK /  Basement

FR IAMDDB 1xtra Lethal Bizzle Dance Steve Aoki

Sunday

MAIN Bring Me The Horizon / A Day To Remember / Chvrches / Enter Shikari / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Earl Sweatshirt / Cabbage / Arcane Roots / WSTR

R1 Glass Animals / The Internet / Circa Waves / Django Django / Moose Blood / Scarlxrd / Fickle Friends

PIT The Hives / Greta Van Fleet / Pulled Apart By Horses

FR The Sherlocks 1xtra Wiley Dance Flying Lotus

Edited by Steve1000

Friday
Main: Foals, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Glass Animals, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Trippie Redd, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Giggs, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Idles, Moose Blood, Drenge
Dance: Tchami
Pit: The Amity Affliction
FR: Lewis Capaldi
1xtra: Rich the Kid

Saturday
Main: Blink-182, Twenty One Pilots, Skepta, The Offspring, While She Sleeps, The Hives, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Danny Brown, Portugal The Man, Maximo Park, Lil Xan
Dance: Chase & Status (DJ)
Pit: Greta Van Fleet
FR: Peace
1xtra: Vince Staples

Sunday
Main: The 1975, Chance the Rapper, Vampire Weekend, All Time Low, Pale Waves, Loyle Carner, Tonight Alive, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Architects, Neck Deep, Pvris, Scarlxrd, Bicep (live), Earl Sweatshirt
Dance: Gorgon City
Lock Up: The Distillers
FR: Yungblud
1xtra: Kano

• Like 1

Friday

Main: The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Bombay Bicycle Club, Dave, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, IDLES, Blaenavon, Estrons

R1: Chase & Status, Circa Waves, Declan McKenna, J.I.D, Turnover, MoStack

Dance: Oliver Heldens

Pit: Bowling For Soup

FR: Dermot Kennedy

1Xtra: Not3s

Saturday:

Main: The Cure, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Skepta, Everything Everything, Parkway Drive, Rejjie Snow, Little Comets, Turbowolf, Yonaka

R1: Chvrches, Neck Deep, Earl Sweatshirt, Parquet Courts, Tom Grennan, Milk Teeth

Dance: Steve Aoki

Pit: Boston Manor

FR: Sundara Karma

1Xtra: Denzel Curry

Sunday:

Main: Florence + The Machine, Tame Impala, Jamie T, Enter Shikari, Lil Uzi Vert, The Amazons , We Are In The Crowd, WSTR, Belly Squad

R1: Tyler, The Creator, The Hunna, AlunaGeorge, Smokepurpp, Black Honey, Superfood

Dance: Martin Solveig

LU: Blessthefall

FR: The Rifles

1Xtra: Kano

22 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Friday

Main: The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Bombay Bicycle Club, Dave, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, IDLES, Blaenavon, Estrons

Saturday:

Main: The Cure, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Skepta, Everything Everything, Parkway Drive, Rejjie Snow, Little Comets, Turbowolf, Yonaka

R1: Chvrches, Neck Deep, Earl Sweatshirt, Parquet Courts, Tom Grennan, Milk Teeth

Sunday:

Main: Florence + The Machine, Tame Impala, Jamie T, Enter Shikari, Lil Uzi Vert, The Amazons , We Are In The Crowd, WSTR, Belly Squad

R1: Tyler, The Creator, The Hunna, AlunaGeorge, Smokepurpp, Black Honey, Superfood

Think the dance headliners are too big they’re more nme headline level as the closing set thing

Edited by Properbigfan

1 hour ago, Properbigfan said:

Think the dance headliners are too big they’re more nme headline level as the closing set thing

I don't think closing sets are a thing anymore, and they were mainly used to keep NME headliners from clashing with mian stage headliners when they had similar demographics, not because Knife Party or Nero were too big for the Dance stage.

Oliver Heldens headlined the dance tent in 2016 and I don't think he's really gotten any bigger since then, Martin definitely isn't that big and could potentially even sub that stage and I imagine Steve Aoki wouldn't be booked (but imo wouldn't be out of place there either).

Just look back at last year, the headliners were pretty big (Marshmello, Fatboy Slim) and there were some huge acts only subbing (Dillon Francis, Noisia, Charli XCX).

Usually what differentiates where an act plays is whether it is a live show or a DJ show. e.g. Netsky played on the NME last time as a live show, but is playing the Dance this time as a DJ show. Of course there are exceptions (Fred V & Grafix are doing their live show on the Dance stage this year) but usually thats how the trend works.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, TheWaters said:

Friday

Saturday:

Sunday:

The Cure and Florence are weird choices for R&L imo (both seem like more Latitude or IOW headliners). Also Rocky seems a bit high imo, I ain't really into rap that much but I feel like I hear about Skepta way more than I hear about Rocky still