The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's a lot worse than 2018 though, especially across the headliners. It'd be cancelled by April.

I went with:

Blink is similar to KOL, really popular 10 years ago but eh now

1975 is similar to Kanye, really hyped atm and probably the only deserving headliner there

Prodigy is similar to the FoB booking imo except at least they didnt play 2 years ago.

Catfish are similar to the Panic booking with the "what the fuck are they doing, they'd even be a relatively weak sub imo"

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I went with:

1975 is similar to Kanye, really hyped atm and probably the only deserving headliner there

Prodigy is similar to the FoB booking imo except at least they didnt play 2 years ago.

Catfish are similar to the Panic booking with the "what the fuck are they doing, they'd even be a relatively weak sub imo"

That's a massive reach.

Like, the festival has been consciously avoiding booking The Prodigy for almost a decade whereas Fall Out Boy were picked as headliners a couple of years back. And, just like Catfish, they're playing smaller festivals this year with no hope of getting bigger in the interim. Blink were big about fifteen years ago and have already been squeezed of all the demand they may have, while Kings of Leon reached much bigger heights and are still a much bigger draw. The 1975 as the marquee headliner after Kendrick would be a terrible shout also given how new and divisive they are.

I think at least with the 2018 lot people continued holding out some hope after the disappointment of the first announcement - that one they'd just fuck it off straight away.

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I went with:

This is shite.

Blink weren't around 10 years ago, they came back 2010.

The Prodigy will not headline Reading again, they are being booked for a slot at Reading sub level at the max, not even sure Rize would book them to top it.

Catfish have done a much bigger tour than Panic and are comfortably a sub, headliner no and I don't think APE was a good thing for them this year.

Either way.....rip it up and start again.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

This is shite.

Blink weren't around 10 years ago, they came back 2010.

The Prodigy will not headline Reading again, they are being booked for a slot at Reading sub level at the max, not even sure Rize would book them to top it.

Catfish have done a much bigger tour than Panic and are comfortably a sub, headliner no and I don't think APE was a good thing for them this year.

Either way.....rip it up and start again.

OK, Blink were around 9 years ago then at the time of the fest, apologies for getting it wrong

Your comments on Catfish is what I had been saying about FoB too, never thought they'd get a slot as high as they did in 2016 again

And so what you're saying is Catfish are more likely to coheadline than Panic?

14 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I went with:

Why are you assuming they're gonna try and replicate this years headliners next year. Are the 2018 headliners compatible to the 2017 headliners? Were the 2017 headliners compatible to the 2016 headliners etc etc? They're not gonna purposely book shit headliners if they can help it.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

OK, Blink were around 9 years ago then at the time of the fest, apologies for getting it wrong

Yeah, on a reunion milking their popularity from 5-10 years prior...

9 years ago KOL were the biggest band in the world. The last UK fest Blink were booked for other than R&L was TITP in 2011 as a non-headliner. Completely different.

42 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Why are you assuming they're gonna try and replicate this years headliners next year. Are the 2018 headliners compatible to the 2017 headliners? Were the 2017 headliners compatible to the 2016 headliners etc etc? They're not gonna purposely book shit headliners if they can help it.

just realised autocorrect changed 'comparable' to 'compatible' ffs

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Well no, but I think everyone on the lineup I posted could get that slot. Blink is a house band that R&L have obviously liked previously as they've headlined a bunch. Prodigy have a new album coming out that could give them a boost in popularity. As much as I hate Catfish, people obviously want to see them as people still keep asking for them on R&L, plus they will also have a new album coming out so will likely get a boost from that.

Obviously they aint gonna try and replicate 2018 exactly but there are basically 2 possibilities, 2018 was a fluke and they'll go back to normal headliners (In which case I think it'll be a combo of 21P, 1975, BMTH, Drake, Arctics, Stormzy) OR 2018 is a new strategy where they spend more money on the undercard and dial back on the headliners (in which case what I posted imo aint too far fetched)

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Well no, but I think everyone on the lineup I posted could get that slot. Blink is a house band that R&L have obviously liked previously as they've headlined a bunch. Prodigy have a new album coming out that could give them a boost in popularity. As much as I hate Catfish, people obviously want to see them as people still keep asking for them on R&L, plus they will also have a new album coming out so will likely get a boost from that.

Obviously they aint gonna try and replicate 2018 exactly but there are basically 2 possibilities, 2018 was a fluke and they'll go back to normal headliners (In which case I think it'll be a combo of 21P, 1975, BMTH, Drake, Arctics, Stormzy) OR 2018 is a new strategy where they spend more money on the undercard and dial back on the headliners (in which case what I posted imo aint too far fetched)

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I just think they'll book the best acts that are available. If FOB were swapped with someone stronger/more popular then this years lineup would be considered strong. It seems likely that 21P, 1975, Drake, Arctics, Stormzy etc etc will all be available as you say, and as long as other fests don't get them then I can't see why they'd sack them off for Blink, Catfish and The Prodigy. Like always, it's probable that at least one headliner choice is a bit underwhelming, but I can't imagine that it'll be as bad as what you've predicted.

21 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Why would The Prodigy get a popularity boost from releasing a new album in 2018/2019 lol.

Catfish are playing every mid-sized festival in existence this year. I doubt R&L are gonna book this year's Kendall Calling/YNOT/Boardmasters/This Is Tomorrow headliner to headline next year.

Doesnt even look like more money has been spent on the undercard, really. As has been said, the headliners are probably just the best they could have got. The only one that doesn't have an obvious reason as to why they aren't playing is Arctic Monkeys but there could be any number of reasons behind the scenes as to why they aren't playing (maybe even because their arena tour is so close to the festival). Foos aren't around in August, Royal Blood aren't touring Europe at all, Paramore are elsewhere and would be no stronger than what they've booked, Flo has no new material and also would be no stronger than what they've booked.

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The only one that doesn't have an obvious reason as to why they aren't playing is Arctic Monkeys but there could be any number of reasons behind the scenes as to why they aren't playing (maybe even because their arena tour is so close to the festival)

Weren't they supposed to do outdoor shows initially?