The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

As all the cool kids are doing it

fullprediction2019.png

Ray BLK playing the same slot she did in 2017????

I don't really buy Circa Waves as a R1 headliner or Blossoms as a sub, and I think Migos have peaked already. Also I'm not sure Awolnation still exist - I think were reincarnated as Imagine Dragons. Some good shouts here though

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ray BLK playing the same slot she did in 2017????

Errr technically Ray BLK was 5th down on that stage in 2017 :P

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't really buy Circa Waves as a R1 headliner or Blossoms as a sub, and I think Migos have peaked already.

Even if they Blossoms and Migos have peaked already I think they'd fit the respective slots just fine imo

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also I'm not sure Awolnation still exist - I think were reincarnated as Imagine Dragons. Some good shouts here though

They put an album out the other week but its even more Imagine Dragons-y than their old stuff (they've gone a lot less electronic on this one unfortunately)

Bring Me The Horizon + Twenty One Pilots / CHVRCHES / The Hunna / Parkway Drive

Lana Del Rey / The Sherlocks

NoFX

Arctic Monkeys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Enter Shikari / Neck Deep / Dave

Chase & Status / Thundercat

Bury Tommorow

The 1975 / Chance the Rapper / Jamie T / Pale Waves / Marmozets

Tyler, the Creator / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Alexisonfire

28 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

NoFX

Bury Tommorow

Alexisonfire

Can't imagine Marmozets being that high at this point. Thundercat would be great but massively out of place at R+L. Chano as sub is a good call though, and those Pit/Lock Up headliners seem legit.

13 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

NoFX

Bury Tommorow

Alexisonfire

Seems pretty realistic. Only thing is I don't think they'd have Chvrches sub Bring Me and 21P. BMTH may have moved more towards pop, but not quite that far. I reckon put Enter Shikari and Neck Deep on the Friday and move Chvrches and the Hunna to Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Plussix said:

Seems pretty realistic. Only thing is I don't think they'd have Chvrches sub Bring Me and 21P. BMTH may have moved more towards pop, but not quite that far. I reckon put Enter Shikari and Neck Deep on the Friday and move Chvrches and the Hunna to Saturday.

I don’t think it matters tbh. They’re not curating a BMTH gig.

1 hour ago, Plussix said:

Have you seen the FOB day this year? Until Creeper it isn't in line with your typical FOB fans taste at all. Also I think the 21P / BMTH 1-2 would flog day tickets, and everything below Parkway would be that sort of stuff.

On 28/02/2018 at 3:33 PM, dentalplan said:

Just realised posters are now even easier (if you don't count the arguments over whether a band is a 28pt. sub or a 24pt. sub).

I've recycled some smaller stage headliners from this year's, cos I haven't a clue and didn't particularly want to do those anyway but it'd look ass without them.

edit: just realised that I've not put a FR stage act from 2018 as FR headliner - which is obviously a thing now - so disregard this entirely.

rl2019.thumb.png.4540ebf94a1429a2b2f6f471070e97b6.png

Friday afternoon hip-hop slot from Glasto to R&L. Transfer of the year.

On 28/02/2018 at 5:11 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

what is this

What was it I missed it.

Hello this is my new 2019 prediction. Be kind x

Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Giggs, Limp Bizkit, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
NME: Chvrches, Grimes, Bugzy Malone, Bicep (live)

Main: Drake, Jamie xx, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pale Waves, Dave, Fickle Friends
NME: Vampire Weekend, Rat Boy, PVRIS, Against the Current

Main: The Strokes, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Blossoms, Tyler the Creator, Brockhampton, The Sherlocks, Courtney Barnett
NME: Mura Masa, Jorja Smith, Superorganism, Bad Sounds

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Hello this is my new 2019 prediction. Be kind x

Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Giggs, Limp Bizkit, While She Sleeps, Marmozets
NME: Chvrches, Grimes, Bugzy Malone, Bicep (live)

Main: Drake, Jamie xx, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pale Waves, Dave, Fickle Friends
NME: Vampire Weekend, Rat Boy, PVRIS, Against the Current

Main: The Strokes, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Blossoms, Tyler the Creator, Brockhampton, The Sherlocks, Courtney Barnett
NME: Mura Masa, Jorja Smith, Superorganism, Bad Sounds

Giggs surely too high. Really don't buy this Crimes shout you're sticking too, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe quite boring but I know people have done this before. Jotted down some of the names of acts who are in Europe around June/July and, as far as I'm aware, haven't got a UK festival date so far. This suggests there's room for a dope festival imo.

DAY 1
Stage 1: Jack White, David Byrne, Alice in Chains, The Kills, Clutch, Wavves
Stage 2: My Bloody Valentine, Cigarettes After Sex, The Cribs, Perfume Genius, Waxahatchee, Downtown Boys

DAY 2
Stage 1: Florence + the Machine, Haim, The Offspring, Jet, The Voidz, Andrew WK
Stage 2: A Perfect Circle, Death From Above, Portugal the Man, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Deerhunter, Jay Som

DAY 3
Stage 1: Nine Inch Nails, Prophets of Rage, MGMT, Eels, FIDLAR, Starcrawler
Stage 2: Belle & Sebastian, Car Seat Headrest, Mark Lanegan Band, Beth Ditto, Wolf Parade, Albert Hammond Jr.

Could also have had Massive Attack or Arcade Fire as headliners instead of Flo I guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe quite boring but I know people have done this before. Jotted down some of the names of acts who are in Europe around June/July and, as far as I'm aware, haven't got a UK festival date so far. This suggests there's room for a dope festival imo.

DAY 1
Stage 1: Jack White, David Byrne, Alice in Chains, The Kills, Clutch, Wavves
Stage 2: My Bloody Valentine, Cigarettes After Sex, The Cribs, Perfume Genius, Waxahatchee, Downtown Boys

DAY 2
Stage 1: Florence + the Machine, Haim, The Offspring, Jet, The Voidz, Andrew WK
Stage 2: A Perfect Circle, Death From Above, Portugal the Man, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Deerhunter, Jay Som

DAY 3
Stage 1: Nine Inch Nails, Prophets of Rage, MGMT, Eels, FIDLAR, Starcrawler
Stage 2: Belle & Sebastian, Car Seat Headrest, Mark Lanegan Band, Beth Ditto, Wolf Parade, Albert Hammond Jr.

Could also have had Massive Attack or Arcade Fire as headliners instead of Flo I guess.

Yeah I thought about this the other day when you said the people behind the QoTSA gig should book a weekender. So many bands about this year wasted.

Are Placebo doing anything? Let's av' them Day 2 or 3 and I'm there.

Edited by Steve1000

Fri
Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Giggs, The Offspring, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, October Drift
NME: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Bugzy Malone, Bicep (live)
Dance: Kaytranada
Pit: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
FR: Peace
1xtra: Wiley

Sat
Main: Arctic Monkeys, Two Door Cinema Club, Blossoms, Tyler the Creator, Brockhampton, Fickle Friends, Cabbage
NME: Jorja Smith, Charli xcx, Partynextdoor, Bad Sounds, Drenge
Dance: Gorgon City
Lock Up: Bowling For Soup
FR: Cigarettes After Sex
1xtra: Vince Staples

Sun
Main: 
The 1975, Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend, Pale Waves, Dave, AJ Tracey, Courtney Barnett
NME: Run the Jewels, Neck Deep, Pvris, Against the Current, Nadia Rose
Dance: Steve Aoki
Pit: Alexisonfire
FR: The Hives
1xtra: Mac Miller

FRIDAY

Main: The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Enter Shikari, Volbeat, Lil Uzi Vert, Drenge, Cabbage, Seaway, The Frights

NME: Blossoms, Circa Waves, Bugzy Malone, Bad Sounds

Dance: GTA

Pit: Alexisonfire

FR:  Wild Beasts

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$

SATURDAY

Main: Kanye West, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Bombay Bicycle Club, Tyler, The Creator, Brockhampton, Marmozets, The Big Moon, Trash Boat, Ten Tonnes

NME: Chase & Status, Lower Than Atlantis, Jhene Aiko, The Internet

Dance:  Disciples

Pit:  Stone Sour

FR:  Scouting For Girls

1Xtra: Kano

SUNDAY

Main: Bring Me The Horizon/ Royal Blood, Giggs, Everything Everything, Don Broco, Rise Against, The Sherlocks, Dream Wife, The LaFontaines

NME: Run The Jewels, The Amazons, The Magic Gang, Arcane Roots

Dance:  Gorgon City

Pit: Blessthefall

FR: Blaenavon

1Xtra: Goldlink

On 3/16/2018 at 9:22 PM, TheWaters said:

FRIDAY

Main: The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Enter Shikari, Volbeat, Lil Uzi Vert, Drenge, Cabbage, Seaway, The Frights

NME: Blossoms, Circa Waves, Bugzy Malone, Bad Sounds

Dance: GTA

Pit: Alexisonfire

FR:  Wild Beasts

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$

SATURDAY

Main: Kanye West, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Bombay Bicycle Club, Tyler, The Creator, Brockhampton, Marmozets, The Big Moon, Trash Boat, Ten Tonnes

NME: Chase & Status, Lower Than Atlantis, Jhene Aiko, The Internet

Dance:  Disciples

Pit:  Stone Sour

FR:  Scouting For Girls

1Xtra: Kano

SUNDAY

Main: Bring Me The Horizon/ Royal Blood, Giggs, Everything Everything, Don Broco, Rise Against, The Sherlocks, Dream Wife, The LaFontaines

NME: Run The Jewels, The Amazons, The Magic Gang, Arcane Roots

Dance:  Gorgon City

Pit: Blessthefall

FR: Blaenavon

1Xtra: Goldlink

Can't help feeling there's a huge discrepancy between having Stone Sour and Blessthefall as Pit headliners, given that Stone Sour did arena shows (scaled down but still arenas) last autumn.

Ballsy call giving BMTH/RB a co-headline - though with Kendrick and Panic paired up too, not too outrageous one could say. BMTH surely nailed on for a major headline slot somewhere next year, which will look a bit like shark-jumping if their new record fails to match That's the Spirit for size.

Oil has said that BMTH are not interested in co-headlining with anyone and they want it outright so I can’t see them sharing the billing with anyone. They deserve the outright headline slot, even if Oli is the world’s #1 karakoke artist. They’ve grown with the festival. 

Edited by Andre91