The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It remains to be seen whether their second album flops or not. Even if it doesn't do as well as their first, it's the sort of booking I could see R&L making. Would be similar to Courteeners going from 3rd in 2016 to sub this year, although I guess Courteeners have more of a history with the festival/are more established.

They just seem to be a band that R&L are pushing, so giving them a sub wouldn't surprise me. I guess Foals wouldn't be the strongest headliner in the world so they might not pair them with a weaker sub, but say AM headline in 2019 then Blossoms subbing would definitely be my prediction.

Not to push my predictions on anyone, but I think TDCC on the next album make more sense and a closer comparison to Courteeners rising up the lineups.

Blossoms were pushed far enough last year and I think their slots this year at smaller festivals kinda indicate it was a bit premature. I think if they headlined NME it wouldn't be that they've dropped off or anything - Bombay Bicycle Club got bigger between 2012 and 2014 and went from 3rd down main to headlining NME.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Any upwards shift for Blossoms is aggressive. Mura Masa subbing while Jamie xx headlines the NME is pretty wild too, but I guess Skepta is headlining the NME while Postman Malone subs is something that is happening this year.

Aye but Post Malone was seemingly originally planned for 4th down. I imagine they'd have rather had him and Skepta the other way around to how it's ended up but obviously it's easier to just bump someone up on the same stage and the same day.

Edit: But aye Jamie xx is who I'd currently go for under a hip-hop headliner.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not to push my predictions on anyone, but I think TDCC on the next album make more sense and a closer comparison to Courteeners rising up the lineups.

Blossoms were pushed far enough last year and I think their slots this year at smaller festivals kinda indicate it was a bit premature. I think if they headlined NME it wouldn't be that they've dropped off or anything - Bombay Bicycle Club got bigger between 2012 and 2014 and went from 3rd down main to headlining NME.

Yeah tbf one of the reasons I put Blossoms as a sub was because I definitely think they'll be booked and I couldn't think of anyone else to put in that slot, but TDCC are a good shout. I did originally have Blossoms headlining NME against Kanye actually.

Taking into consideration what people have said, could change what I posted before to:

Fri
Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Giggs, Limp Bizkit, While She Sleeps
NME: Mura Masa, Grimes

Sat
Main: Kanye West, Jamie xx, Pale Waves, Charli xcx, Brockhampton
NME: Blossoms, Rat Boy

Sun
Main: Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah tbf one of the reasons I put Blossoms as a sub was because I definitely think they'll be booked and I couldn't think of anyone else to put in that slot, but TDCC are a good shout. I did originally have Blossoms headlining NME against Kanye actually.

Taking into consideration what people have said, could change what I posted before to:

Fri
Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Giggs, Limp Bizkit, While She Sleeps
NME: Mura Masa, Grimes

Sat
Main: Kanye West, Jamie xx, Pale Waves, Charli xcx, Brockhampton
NME: Blossoms, Rat Boy

Sun
Main: Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha

Yeah that looks pretty tight. Probably too good really as I bet RTJ and Grimes get passed on for charts pop and hip hop but it's good to be optimistic at this point.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant

Every indie kid of the early 2010's dream right there. WOuldn't mind it myself tbh, although it'd be hard to choose between Foals on Main and RTJ on the NME.

Edited by TheWaters
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Every indie kid of the early 2010's dream right there. WOuldn't mind it myself tbh, although it'd be hard to choose between Foals on Main and RTJ on the NME.

2012 specifically.

Throw in Peace and Palma Violets and you've already got a nostalgia fest for that year.

• Like 1

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main: Bring Me the Horizon/Twenty One Pilots (co-headline) / Migos / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
NME: Mura Masa

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Drake / Jamie xx / Limp Bizkit / BROCKHAMPTON
NME: Blossoms

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: The 1975 / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Hunna / Charli XCX
NME: Giggs

If The Hunna turn up in a similar slot this year then kick them off.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main: Bring Me the Horizon/Twenty One Pilots (co-headline) / Migos / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
NME: Mura Masa

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Drake / Jamie xx / Limp Bizkit / BROCKHAMPTON
NME: Blossoms

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: The 1975 / Catfish and the Bottlemen / The Hunna / Charli XCX
NME: Giggs

If The Hunna turn up in a similar slot this year then kick them off.

Looks really realistic. Frank will get a slot like for sure I think and Bizkit would be great fun. The only things I’d do is swap Migos out for A$AP Rocky who will have a new album by that time and also have Tyler in there somewhere, maybe instead of Giggs? 

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Looks really realistic. Frank will get a slot like for sure I think and Bizkit would be great fun. The only things I’d do is swap Migos out for A$AP Rocky who will have a new album by that time and also have Tyler in there somewhere, maybe instead of Giggs? 

Reckon A$AP will headline Wireless. Yeah Tyler is a shout too.

Just now, Hart Attack said:

My Chemical Romance
The Prodigy
Placebo
Limp Bizkit
Feeder
Alkaline Trio
Thrice
Hell Is For Heroes
A

The Cure
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Jane's Addiction
AFI
Funeral For A Friend
Coheed & Cambria
Yellowcard
Motion City Soundtrack

Pearl Jam
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Alice In Chains
Garbage
Ash
Hundred Reasons
Reuben
InMe

source?

50 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

My Chemical Romance
The Prodigy
Placebo
Limp Bizkit
Feeder
Alkaline Trio
Thrice
Hell Is For Heroes
A

The Cure
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Jane's Addiction
AFI
Funeral For A Friend
Coheed & Cambria
Yellowcard
Motion City Soundtrack

Pearl Jam
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Alice In Chains
Garbage
Ash
Hundred Reasons
Reuben
InMe

What is this 

53 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

My Chemical Romance
The Prodigy
Placebo
Limp Bizkit
Feeder
Alkaline Trio
Thrice
Hell Is For Heroes
A

The Cure
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Jane's Addiction
AFI
Funeral For A Friend
Coheed & Cambria
Yellowcard
Motion City Soundtrack

Pearl Jam
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Alice In Chains
Garbage
Ash
Hundred Reasons
Reuben
InMe

Funeral for a Friend, Yellowcard, Motion City Soundtrack, Hundred Reasons and Reuben have all broken up.

Otherwise, very realistic. 

5 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

My Chemical Romance
The Prodigy
Placebo
Limp Bizkit
Feeder
Alkaline Trio
Thrice
Hell Is For Heroes
A

The Cure
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Jane's Addiction
AFI
Funeral For A Friend
Coheed & Cambria
Yellowcard
Motion City Soundtrack

Pearl Jam
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
Alice In Chains
Garbage
Ash
Hundred Reasons
Reuben
InMe

That Friday is made for me, minus MCR but I'd still go. Putting AFI in there just no, they would be there this year. Weezer will look at the line-up this year and think nah you're alright.

On a serious note it has no chance of happening. Give us AFI below before Pendulum, it's not even that bad of a shout and they have yet to announce tour dates this year yet.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, the last time there was a day/possibly even two like that was 2010 and the headliners were GNR and Blink 182 so for me anyway stronger than MCR. That's without a major clashing top NME for two of the days....and Lockup for two of the days.

Haha I was being sarcastic man. Definitely no chance.

Just realised posters are now even easier (if you don't count the arguments over whether a band is a 28pt. sub or a 24pt. sub).

I've recycled some smaller stage headliners from this year's, cos I haven't a clue and didn't particularly want to do those anyway but it'd look ass without them.

edit: just realised that I've not put a FR stage act from 2018 as FR headliner - which is obviously a thing now - so disregard this entirely.

rl2019.thumb.png.4540ebf94a1429a2b2f6f471070e97b6.png

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just realised posters are now even easier (if you don't count the arguments over whether a band is a 28pt. sub or a 24pt. sub).

I've recycled some smaller stage headliners from this year's, cos I haven't a clue and didn't particularly want to do those anyway but it'd look ass without them.

edit: just realised that I've not put a FR stage act from 2018 as FR headliner - which is obviously a thing now - so disregard this entirely.

rl2019.thumb.png.4540ebf94a1429a2b2f6f471070e97b6.png

Blossoms playing the exact same slot as 2016?