The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

could see 2019 looking somewhat like this

Friday
Main: The 1975, Chvrches, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, BROCKHAMPTON, Skindred
NME: Run the Jewels, Architects

Saturday
Main: 
Green Day, A$AP Rocky, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps, AJ Tracey (or some other up and coming grime artist)
NME: Blossoms, Sundara Karma

Sunday
Main: 
The Strokes, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, The Sherlocks, Cabbage
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes

Needs more shite

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday
Main: 
Green Day, A$AP Rocky, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps, AJ Tracey (or some other up and coming grime artist)

Sunday
Main: 
The Strokes, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, The Sherlocks, Cabbage

Mmmmmm that Friday looks amazing

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Grimes against Tame Impala would be stoopid. I think she'd headline NME or be high main anyway if they R+L snapped her up.

Yeah I did think that, although NME subs tend to start just after/towards the end of the main stage sub set so there wouldn't be tooooo much of a clash. Dunno if she'd have a big enough pull for NME headline yet though, I guess she could with another album.

After years of posting on this site, here's my first poster predication.

Lorde stands out as the wildcard. She has the hits and her last album was quality. This together with the push for female acts high up the line up, it wouldn't shock me to see her booked. It would be a great booking if they managed it.5a5a29e835f9f_readingposter.PNG.jpg.699d93a7a61fc5e19da676883fdf9ecd.jpg

Edited by CRW5252

Royal Blood + Paramore / Wolf Alice / J Hus / Mastodon / Creeper

Silk City / Declan McKenna

Bury Tomorrow

Kendrick Lamar / CHVRCHES / Courteeners / Post Malone / Dave / Death From Above

Enter Shikari / Nothing But Thieves

The Wonder Years

Foo Fighters / A Day To Remember / Jamie T / The Hunna / Gaslight Anthem / The Distillers

Travi$ Scott / Rat Boy

Glassjaw

Edited by Steve1000

24 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tried making one without the coheadliner (and tried to mix up slots too whilst I was at it)

HALFprediction6.png

Swap Wolf Alice and The Hunna, those clashes would make more sense.

On 12/01/2018 at 3:41 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday
Main: 

Sunday
Main: 

Only just seen this but I think that's too low for Architects now given how quickly they've sold out Ally Pally, and then they'll have another album out by then. I think they could easily be third next time around. That said I think they'll do Download 2019

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

updated mine a fair bit

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 18.51.58.png

I would be pretty chuffed with most of that lineup. Love the addition of Lorde, hadn’t really considered her but she’s be great. What makes you think she’s be there? Out of personal taste i’d place CHVRCHES over weezer but that’s pretty much it.

You’ve got my favourite undercard out of any of the others i’ve seen. SZA, Brockhampton, Sigrid, Rex Orange County, Jorja Smith have been all over my playlists lately. 

Hope you’re right with this lineup mate!

Just now, matty13 said:

I would be pretty chuffed with most of that lineup. Love the addition of Lorde, hadn’t really considered her but she’s be great. What makes you think she’s be there? Out of personal taste i’d place CHVRCHES over weezer but that’s pretty much it.

You’ve got my favourite undercard out of any of the others i’ve seen. SZA, Brockhampton, Sigrid, Rex Orange County, Jorja Smith have been all over my playlists lately. 

Hope you’re right with this lineup mate!

Lorde is a bit of a stab in the dark, I wouldn't bet on her being there at all. It's just that last summer she only did early summer festivals in Europe, and she's playing APE at the end of May but that's not billed as an exclusive so I speculated that she might come back over for some later European festivals this year. But apart from that, there's nothing to suggest she'll be there. She's never played R&L before so it's difficult to say if they'd even consider booking her.

I think all of the others you listed are a lot more likely though. Probably won't get all of them but I reckon the majority could well be there.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Lorde is a bit of a stab in the dark, I wouldn't bet on her being there at all. It's just that last summer she only did early summer festivals in Europe, and she's playing APE at the end of May but that's not billed as an exclusive so I speculated that she might come back over for some later European festivals this year. But apart from that, there's nothing to suggest she'll be there. She's never played R&L before so it's difficult to say if they'd even consider booking her.

I think all of the others you listed are a lot more likely though. Probably won't get all of them but I reckon the majority could well be there.

I don't think there'll be much crossover between All Points East or British Summer Time and Live Nation/Festival Republic fests. I've read some comments indicating that the two companies are kind of at odds with one another over kicking Live Nation out of the venue they were using so the acts will probably be the first thing that they're possessive over (to an extent, of course - I don't mean right down to Rex Orange County or someone). If that wasn't going on I'd have been thinking about The xx maybe subbing this year - Lorde is on before them at APE so I don't really think she's capable of subbing a main headliner at R+L if she was considered an appropriate player.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think there'll be much crossover between All Points East or British Summer Time and Live Nation/Festival Republic fests. I've read some comments indicating that the two companies are kind of at odds with one another over kicking Live Nation out of the venue they were using so the acts will probably be the first thing that they're possessive over (to an extent, of course - I don't mean right down to Rex Orange County or someone). If that wasn't going on I'd have been thinking about The xx maybe subbing this year - Lorde is on before them at APE so I don't really think she's capable of subbing a main headliner at R+L if she was considered an appropriate player.

ahh fair enough

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

@Mattymooz you gonna take this?? time to up your game.

Pffft I aint that skilled lmao. Plus exams n stuff

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So, hypothetically, with this dual main stage thing...

randl6headliners.thumb.jpg.539d5225bb16ca54cdf51aeb21d3df30.jpg

I don't think they'd announce Tha Vaccines till later, considering they are one of the main acts at Community festival. Other than that looks pretty reasonable

Tbf if that was legit I'd be well chuffed, Florence, Foos and Kendrick... can't complain. Would definitely convince me to get a ticket, in part out of curiosity to see how well a second stage would actually work.