The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

13 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Well my prediction for this year would be!

Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons // Travis Scott  // The Wombats 

Khalid // Nothing But Thieves 

Hannah Wants//

FOO Fighters// Stormzy // Wolf Alice 

The Vaccines // Kaleo

Gorgon city//

Kendrick Lamar // The Libertines // Vampire weekend 

Pixies // Django Django 

Jax Jones//

Libertines won't sub with them headlining three years ago.

Foo's, Stormzy and Wolf Alice I can see being accurate with maybe Don Broco on before WA

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Libertines won't sub with them headlining three years ago.

I don't think they'll play what with them playing Victorious on the Friday but I don't think it's out of the question. They seem to have acknowledged that they're not gonna headline major festivals again by playing all manner of small festivals so I don't see what avoiding a sub slot would do for them. I think they'd do well to get a sub slot nowadays and when they do return it'll be lower down than that even.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tweaked it slightly, agreed that I don't really like the 3 rock headliner but IDK who else to stuck in there (pretty sure Wolf Alice and Enter Shikari are locked into their respective slots)

HALFprediction4.png

Think Nothing But Thieves and Loyle Carner would each be a slot higher. Creeper would probably at least 1, probably 2 higher as well. Rest of main looks fine.

Quite hard to place her, but I reckon Sigrid would be higher up than that. Same with Portugal. the Man. And then like you say, one of those NME headliners would probably be different. Really can't see The Kooks headlining NME. Probably swap them with Kygo, Silk City, Jungle etc.

Also you've got Tonight Alive playing slots on the Main and NME, gonna assume that wasn't intentional aha.

29 minutes ago, Plussix said:

Why is Alien Ant Farm in so many predictions? And would they really be higher than second on the main? I could see them in the Pit, main looks weird.

Well they’ve got an academy tour coming up and second main is really a pretty tiny slot nowadays so I’d say so. There tends to be one or two early 00’s rock/metal bands buried among the main stage running order so they suit it well if Live Nation are trying to make a thing out of them again.

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Tweaked it slightly, agreed that I don't really like the 3 rock NME headliner but IDK who else to stuck in there (pretty sure Wolf Alice and Enter Shikari are locked into their respective slots)

HALFprediction4.png

Looks alright enough. In addition to some of what SLI points out I think The Internet will be there as they’re in Europe early on, and I think Everything Everything deserve fourth now. Also seeing as you have a full prediction for it, I’ll be surprised if Superorganism aren’t on the dance stage at some point, if not the NME.

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Think Nothing But Thieves and Loyle Carner would each be a slot higher. Creeper would probably at least 1, probably 2 higher as well. Rest of main looks fine.

NBT probs should but I didnt have anywhere else to put them lmao Maybe under Wolf Alice on the NME? Are Creeper really that big? Like last time they played it was 3rd on in the Pit... I know they've grown a fiair bit since then but up to 4th on main? I wouldn't say they even come close to Declan McKenna/Marmozets/Tonight Alive (the other people I have 4th on main). Maybe a case could be made for 3rd on (so swap them and AAF) but I doubt any higher right?

And with Loyle Carner, I just have no idea about rap and wanted to put a rapper in that slot. Any other suggestions are welcome lmao

25 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Quite hard to place her, but I reckon Sigrid would be higher up than that. Same with Portugal. the Man. And then like you say, one of those NME headliners would probably be different. Really can't see The Kooks headlining NME. Probably swap them with Kygo, Silk City, Jungle etc.

I think thats the most likely slot for The Kooks, but I can't see either Kygo (who has had many oppertuinites to play the fest before and at this point would probs be better off at zombie V anyway) or Silk City (Can't see Mark Ronson ever coming close to reading lmao) making an appearance. I think probably a DnB act or maybe a rapper would be more likely imo. Jungle I cant see playing either, would expect they'd be more likely for Latitude/APE/Bestival etc.

You may have a point with Sigrid, but I have no clue tbh. If she has more stuff out then sure, but rn I'm not sure she has a big enough catelogue (she'd need another EP or an album/mixtape etc.)

30 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also you've got Tonight Alive playing slots on the Main and NME, gonna assume that wasn't intentional aha.

Ugh I knew I'd fuck up something like that lol

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks alright enough. In addition to some of what SLI points out I think The Internet will be there as they’re in Europe early on, and I think Everything Everything deserve fourth now. Also seeing as you have a full prediction for it, I’ll be surprised if Superorganism aren’t on the dance stage at some point, if not the NME.

Guessing you meant The Internet won't be there? Hmmmm....

Everything Everything have grown, but not by that much since last year imo. They're critically acclaimed sure, but I wouldn't say they are that popular (though maybe I'm being overly optimistic)

Superoganism I have pencilled in for like 3rd down FR (I don't know enough acts to do lower down FR/The Pit/1Xtra etc. so haven't even tried doing the other stages)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Guessing you meant The Internet won't be there? Hmmmm....

Everything Everything have grown, but not by that much since last year imo. They're critically acclaimed sure, but I wouldn't say they are that popular (though maybe I'm being overly optimistic)

Superoganism I have pencilled in for like 3rd down FR (I don't know enough acts to do lower down FR/The Pit/1Xtra etc. so haven't even tried doing the other stages)

Oops yeah my b.

EE certainly seem bigger than most of the acts being touted for 4th down. They're definitely around The Wombats level, maybe even The Vaccines' at this point. Playing Alexandra Palace and a hefty tour elsewhere in the country, just like those two (and Wolf Alice in autumn). I don't think they'll return personally but if they do I think they'll give them a boost.

11 minutes ago, coincidental plan said:

leeds18jan.png

I think it looks more realistic if you take DJ EZ off and don't replace him. I dunno how he's gonna be above J Hus or SZA at this point. Closing set potentially. Looks a pretty good line up on the whole though. Sadly I reckon Joey Bada$$ is gonna be at Wireless because all his European dates so far are around then.

Also with the special guest opener Big Shaq thing; they're not gonna fit 10 acts on the main stage even if he does just do 10 minutes and Otherkin come on 10 minutes later. Especially considering they have to fit in two headliners (75 minutes minimum). Just bin Otherkin or even have him as the opener on Foos day where there may have only been 8 acts bc Foos get allocated up to 3 hours.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also with the special guest opener Big Shaq thing; they're not gonna fit 10 acts on the main stage even if he does just do 10 minutes and Otherkin come on 10 minutes later. Especially considering they have to fit in two headliners (75 minutes minimum). Just bin Otherkin or even have him as the opener on Foos day where there may have only been 8 acts bc Foos get allocated up to 3 hours.

Regarding the Big Shaq thing, this is my clashfinder of the main stage, giving Big Shaq 15 mins and Black Foxxes coming on 10 mins later. Everyone else has normal set times, haven't had to squash anything to fit him in, so I reckon he could be a 10th act considering he's more of a novelty than an actual act, people only wanna see him play one song after all so he doesn't need longer than 10/15 mins.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 14.16.39.png

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Regarding the Big Shaq thing, this is my clashfinder of the main stage, giving Big Shaq 15 mins and Black Foxxes coming on 10 mins later. Everyone else has normal set times, haven't had to squash anything to fit him in, so I reckon he could be a 10th act considering he's more of a novelty than an actual act, people only wanna see him play one song after all so he doesn't need longer than 10/15 mins.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 14.16.39.png

Oh right. So it's offset by the next three bands being small ones that will only get 25-30 mins anyway?

Personally, the whole reason I suggested he'd be on first was that he'd normally deserve a bigger slot than that but he only has maybe 20-30 minutes of material so opening the main stage would be a perfect fit. Don't need to shrink it down any more imo - and people are gonna come see him do more than they're gonna wanna see of Black Foxxes lets be real.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. So it's offset by the next three bands being small ones that will only get 25-30 mins anyway?

Personally, the whole reason I suggested he'd be on first was that he'd normally deserve a bigger slot than that but he only has maybe 20-30 minutes of material so opening the main stage would be a perfect fit. Don't need to shrink it down any more imo - and people are gonna come see him do more than they're gonna wanna see of Black Foxxes lets be real.

Yeah, when you look at the main stage this year it started half an hour later than normal on the Kasabian day too, they could have fit a similar thing in.

I reckon he'll open the main stage as Big Shaq and do a comedy set as Michael Dapaah on the Alternative stage later in the day. And like you say, it'll get people into the arena earlier which isn't a bad thing.

28 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah, when you look at the main stage this year it started half an hour later than normal on the Kasabian day too, they could have fit a similar thing in.

I reckon he'll open the main stage as Big Shaq and do a comedy set as Michael Dapaah on the Alternative stage later in the day. And like you say, it'll get people into the arena earlier which isn't a bad thing.

Aye but d'ya not reckon there'll be a follow up? Or an album even? The dude is practically a household name and signed to the world's biggest record company. Telling him to do his one song and fuck off so Otherkin or Astroid Boys can set up is daft. Man's international now fam, check the statistacs.

Edited by dentalplan

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Aye but d'ya not reckon there'll be a follow up? Or an album even? The dude is practically a household name and signed to the world's biggest record company. Telling him to do his one song and fuck off so Otherkin or Astroid Boys can set up is daft. Man's international now fam, check the statistacs.

Yeah it's definitely possible that he'll get a longer opening set. Like I said, if he is only on for 10-15 mins then he'll probably get a longer comedy set later on in the alternative stage. But like you say he could have an album out by summer. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Who would y'all think is more likely to get 3rd down? J-Hus, Post Malone or The Hunna?

Edit: I was probably leaning towards J-Hus of the three.

I'd say The Hunna. They're getting bigger and bigger and will have a new album out before summer. Definitely seem like the sort of act that R&L would push.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Tweaked it slightly, agreed that I don't really like the 3 rock NME headliner but IDK who else to stuck in there (pretty sure Wolf Alice and Enter Shikari are locked into their respective slots)

HALFprediction4.png

I'm one of the biggest Tom Misch fans out there so him being 3rd down NME would make me very happy, but I'm not too sure he'll be back immediately tbh. Possibly though, i'd love it.

12 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I'm one of the biggest Tom Misch fans out there so him being 3rd down NME would make me very happy, but I'm not too sure he'll be back immediately tbh. Possibly though, i'd love it.

He's supposed to have a new album out isn't he? Reckon he would come back if its out in time (expecting him to make moves similar to Mura Masa). In this case tho I was expecting him to be 4th down on the NME as there would be the obligatory 1975 secret set

Just now, Mattymooz said:

He's supposed to have a new album out isn't he? Reckon he would come back if its out in time (expecting him to make moves similar to Mura Masa). In this case tho I was expecting him to be 4th down on the NME as there would be the obligatory 1975 secret set

Yeah the new album is out in early April so yeah fair enough actually he probably could return. Yeah I was thinking 3rd might be a little too high but 4th/5th seems reasonable at this point if the album does relatively well.