The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah but I never saw any Limp Bizkit song other than Rolling and Break Stuff (thought I remembered them having a song called that and just searched it on YouTube and I remember that video, too). Just checked out Nookie and I have no idea what that song is. I only really watched music TV between the years of like 2008-2010 though so maybe they'd cooled on Limp Bizkit by then.

Fair enough. They definitely haven’t cooled on Limp Bizkit; I checked it out a couple of years ago and if anything it’s more early 2000’s focused than it was when I watched it in the early 2000’s.

I probably overestimated Nookie cos I think it’s quite a good song and listen to it from time to time - Durst’s rapping sounds good and the chorus is jokes don’t @ me.

19 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

image.png.44615906a54740dec01e3e5503da6905.png

This looks pretty good tbf. Only thing that I, personally, would change:

Creeper are too big for 8th down I'd say maybe 6th? 

Travis Scott would probably sub instead of third down.

Camo & Krooked would probably headline the Dance Stage if they played

Peace would probably play 5th main. (They're getting big slots at smaller festivals and have played 6th main and high NME before.)

I don't think Loyle Carner suits the 1Xtra stage anymore really, probably 6th or 7th main if anything.

Probably just me but I can't see Yxng Bane quite subbing the stage either maybe 3rd or 4th but subbing would make it pretty weak.

That's just what I can spot, but other than that It looks pretty solid :)

Looks pretty accurate to me. I'd only switch bands about one or two places and it probably isn't worth pulling up. Moose Blood seem unreasonably high up tho, especially above Gizzy Wizzy.

Saturday's headline clashes are rough tho man, and even the Sunday has more appealing choices than you'd expect from Reading and Leeds nowadays.

Christ I hope when/if Kendrick headlines that the inevitable 'rock' act they put up against him on the NME is something crap/underwhelming like The Vaccines rather than something good like Pixies/Vampire Weekend (not that I think either of the latter are very likely for that position). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Looks pretty accurate to me. I'd only switch bands about one or two places and it probably isn't worth pulling up. Moose Blood seem unreasonably high up tho, especially above Gizzy Wizzy.

Saturday's headline clashes are rough tho man, and even the Sunday has more appealing choices than you'd expect from Reading and Leeds nowadays.

They played 8th main last year and new album out in March, I wouldn’t say

5th NME is unreasonably high

Made a few changes to my prediction, don't have anything for 1xtra because I realised I really have no clue.

Friday/Saturday

Main: Royal Blood / Paramore (coheadline), Pixies, J Hus, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes, Big Shaq (special guest)
NME: Silk City, Krept & Konan, Charli xcx, Dave, DMA's, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, ??, Amber Run, Spring King, Darlia, The 1975 (sectret set), Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants, ??, Faithless (DJ)
FR: Peace
Pit: Gogol Bordello

Saturday/Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, The Prodigy, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Lil Uzi Vert, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Basement, Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Foster the People, King Krule, The Amazons, Creeper, ??, Alvvays, Little Comets, The Big Moon, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run
Pit: Killswitch Engage

Sunday/Friday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, The Wombats, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Arcane Roots, Idles
NME: The Vaccines, Jack Garratt, Wilkinson (live), PVRIS, Moose Blood, BROCKHAMPTON, Sigrid, Pale Waves, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood, Bad Sounds
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: ??
Lock Up: Pierce the Veil

I think there’s too many main stage acts on Friday. 

Also I can’t see the likes of Creeper and The Amazons and KGATLW playing that low down the NME. Not sure about Krept & Konan subbing it either but I don’t know a whole lot about them.

Does look like a reasonable mix of acts though.

Edited by dentalplan

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think there’s too many main stage acts on Friday. 

Also I can’t see the likes of Creeper and The Amazons and KGATLW playing that low down the NME. Not sure about Krept & Konan subbing it either but I don’t know a whole lot about them.

Does look like a reasonable mix of acts though.

Got 10 main stage acts assuming Big Shaq would be on for like 10 minutes, with Black Foxxes coming on 10 minutes after he's finished considering he won't have much of a stage setup.

Those NME acts could probably be bumped up a bit though yeah.

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Got 10 main stage acts assuming Big Shaq would be on for like 10 minutes, with Black Foxxes coming on 10 minutes after he's finished considering he won't have much of a stage setup.

Those NME acts could probably be bumped up a bit though yeah.

He’d certainly get more than 10 minutes. I’ve seen one hit wonders open that stage and they played four or five songs. If it happened I would expect his set to be the 25-30 mins that any opener plays.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Made a few changes to my prediction, don't have anything for 1xtra because I realised I really have no clue.

Friday/Saturday

Main: Royal Blood / Paramore (coheadline), Pixies, J Hus, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes, Big Shaq (special guest)
NME: Silk City, Krept & Konan, Charli xcx, Dave, DMA's, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, ??, Amber Run, Spring King, Darlia, The 1975 (sectret set), Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants, ??, Faithless (DJ)
FR: Peace
Pit: Gogol Bordello

Saturday/Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, The Prodigy, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Lil Uzi Vert, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Basement, Astroid Boys
NME: Wolf Alice, Nothing But Thieves, Foster the People, King Krule, The Amazons, Creeper, ??, Alvvays, Little Comets, The Big Moon, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run
Pit: Killswitch Engage

Sunday/Friday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, The Wombats, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Arcane Roots, Idles
NME: The Vaccines, Jack Garratt, Wilkinson (live), PVRIS, Moose Blood, BROCKHAMPTON, Sigrid, Pale Waves, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood, Bad Sounds
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: ??
Lock Up: Pierce the Veil

A lot of great acts on the nme stage, particularly on Saturday/Sunday. I think a few acts are too low though, particularly Alvvays. 

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Have to say this would be fully disappointing compared to the acts supposedly in the running to headline that stage

Considering it would be in the place of Annie Mac or Chase & Status or some other mob that’s done the rounds, a new Mark Ronson and Diplo project would not be disappointing in any sense of the word.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Considering it would be in the place of Annie Mac or Chase & Status or some other mob that’s done the rounds, a new Mark Ronson and Diplo project would not be disappointing in any sense of the word.

In fairness it may be the best option out of other DnB techno bollocks, rate Mark but have never really had any time for diplo since he released that monstrosity that was 'express yourself' in 2013, open to having my head turned though I guess. 

TBH I don't expect Silk City to show up. Diplo would surely be more likely to be stuck at creamfields with his solo stuff, his record label, major lazer, silk city and the rumoured return of Jack U (though I don't see that being true if Skrillex is actually working on an album too lol)

Just now, Mattymooz said:

TBH I don't expect Silk City to show up. Diplo would surely be more likely to be stuck at creamfields with his solo stuff, his record label, major lazer, silk city and the rumoured return of Jack U (though I don't see that being true if Skrillex is actually working on an album too lol)

Playing Creamfields didn’t stop him being at Reading and Leeds last year or the year before.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Playing Creamfields didn’t stop him being at Reading and Leeds last year or the year before.

Yeah but he had 2 fewer projects (assuming both Jack U and Silk City play Creamfields). IIRC he only did Diplo and ML at Creamfields last year, so it was a lot easier for him to manage. I guess it is possible, but especially as Silk City doesn't seem the best aimed at the R&L demographic from what I have heard, I doubt they'll make an appearance.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Yeah but he had 2 fewer projects (assuming both Jack U and Silk City play Creamfields). IIRC he only did Diplo and ML at Creamfields last year, so it was a lot easier for him to manage. I guess it is possible, but especially as Silk City doesn't seem the best aimed at the R&L demographic from what I have heard, I doubt they'll make an appearance.

So you expect him to do all of his projects at Creamfields? Why would that be the case?

Also I would think a Ronson/Diplo project would sell better at a bigger, more mainstream festival than Creamfields and tbh how you described it the other day sounds more R+L than Creamfields anyway (not that they wouldn’t do both).