The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

38 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

As in you don't think they'll play at all or they'd play in different places? It's fair to say that perhaps none of them will make an appearance, but I think if any of them do then they'd all be best suited to be NME headliners.

Yeah don't think any of them will play. Don't think any of them would be popular enough at R&L to justify such a prominent slot and obviously they're not gonna be booked lower down.

I don't know, I could definitely see The Streets playing NME headliner or 3rd down Main as a comeback. New material out and the comeback tour. Pixies are still a possibility from the posters they posted, but i wouldn't bet on them being there. Jungle I really can see being booked, they'd go down well as NME headliner imo.

19 minutes ago, stanh said:

I think we'll see J Hus but maybe a lower slot; but the rest of the NME headliners I cant see happening 

J Hus wasn't an NME headliner on that prediction. Pretty sure he'll play, yeah. Got him down as 4th main but could also see him top 2 NME.

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

I don't know, I could definitely see The Streets playing NME headliner or 3rd down Main as a comeback. New material out and the comeback tour. Pixies are still a possibility from the posters they posted, but i wouldn't bet on them being there. Jungle I really can see being booked, they'd go down well as NME headliner imo.

Yeah I know they've got new material and a comeback tour I just don't think R&L is the place for them now. Bestival or something fits a lot better imo. 

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Just found Dave's EP recently too and have been jamming to that. Grime had some really good releases in the last year imo

Yeah that’s why I was absolutely loving the rap and grime acts that were announced for this year. Dave, J Hus, MoStack, The Manor, Fekky, Loyle Carner, Cadet, Lethal Bizzle, Giggs, Bugzy Malone, AJ Tracey and probably more I’ve forgotten all released solid albums, EP’s or couple singles before Reading that had me very impressed. At the time, I was particularly impressed with Loyle Carner, MoStack, J Hus and Fekky’s albums.

58 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dunno if something like this could mean the 1xtra stage could close early on the Friday & Sunday? That would definitely save money....

readleed.png

I would love this, mostly just to see everyone’s faces when Code Orange kick the arse out of it. There are worse ways to spend each night than Post, Foos and Shikari 

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main: Royal Blood/Paramore (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / The Hunna / Nothing But Thieves / Creeper / Marmozets / IDLES / Basement
NME/Radio One: The Wombats / Jack Garratt / Wilkinson / BROCKHAMPTON / FIDLAR / Tom Grennan
Dance: Hannah Wants
Pit: Glassjaw
Festival Republic: Half Moon Run
1xtra: AJ Tracey

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Foo Fighters / Courteeners / All Time Low / Don Broco / Lil Uzi Vert / Alien Ant Farm / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / Inheaven
NME/Radio One: Jamie xx / Charli XCX / The Internet / Dave / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Portugal. The Man / Alvvays
Dance: Annie Mac
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello
Festival Republic: Peace
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons / J-Hus / Everything Everything / Mastodon / Loyle Carner / Declan McKenna / Hinds / SWMRS
NME/Radio One: The Vaccines / Rat Boy / The Cribs / King Krule / SZA / Alice Glass / Princess Nokia
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: Skindred
Festival Republic: Death From Above
1xtra: Wretch 32

Looks pretty spot on imo. Only things I'd change for my own prediction would be Gogol Bordello and Peace on main, Gogol cos they headlined Lock Up a few years ago and Peace cos I just reckon they'll play a more prominent slot than FR headline but yeah only minor variations.

Edited by dentalplan

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks pretty spot on imo. Only things I'd change for my own prediction would be Gogol Bordello and Peace on main, Gogol cos they headlined Lock Up a few years ago and Peace cos I just reckon they'll play a more prominent slot than FR headline but yeah only minor variations.

Aye I thought that about Gogol Bordello when I first put em in but had a look through previous lineups and saw someone (might have been Alkaline Trio) did it with a smaller gap, but they were pretty much the only one that had been repeated recently so yeah maybe they do try to avoid it.

My attempt at this year's line up:

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main: Royal Blood/Paramore (co-headline) / Stormzy / Nothing But Thieves / The Hunna/ Incubus/ Marmozets / IDLES / The Academic
NME/Radio One: Friendly Fires / Jack Garratt/ Portugal. The Man/ BROCKHAMPTON / Jorja Smith / Dead!
Dance: Annie Mac
Pit: Glassjaw
Festival Republic:  The Amazons
1xtra:  Wiley

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Foo Fighters / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Frank Turner/ Don Broco / The Hives/ Mastodon/ Beartooth/ Inheaven/ YONAKA
NME/Radio One:  Special Guests ( The Streets)/ The Vaccines/ Charli XCX/ Rat Boy/ SZA/ Black Honey/ Alice Glass/ Marsicans
Dance:  Disclosure (DJ Set)
Lock Up: Gogol Bordello
Festival Republic: Peace
1xtra: Vic Mensa

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: Arctic Monkeys / Jack White /  Chvrches / Everything Everything / The Cribs/ MGMT/ Miles Kane /Jamie Lenman/ Arkells/ 
NME/Radio One: Enter Shikari / J Hus / Neck Deep/ TV On The Radio/ Kate Nash/ Dream Wife
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: Asking Alexandria
Festival Republic: Death From Above
1xtra: Azealia Banks

Secret Set from The 1975 at some stage. Maybe a Main Stage guest slot from Franz Ferdinand.

Edited by QUASAR86
  • Upvote 1

I've had a go, probably well off:

Main

Kendrick Lamar, Alt-J, J Hus, Don Broco, Wiley, Sum 41, Beartooth, Boston Manor, Counterparts

Royal Blood/Paramore, Wolf Alice, Post Malone, The Hunna, Sundara Karma, Miles Kane, The Sherlocks, Off Bloom

Foo Fighters, Stormzy, All Time Low, The Wombats, Django Django, Marmozets, Black Honey, Bury Tomorrow, Citizen

R1/NME

Enter Shikari, Death From Above, Frank Turner

Marshmello (Closing), The Vaccines, Bugzy Malone, 

Friendly Fires, Nothing But Thieves, Run The Jewels

Festival Republic

The Cribs

Feeder

Liam Fray

The Pit/Lock-Up

Rise Against

Killswitch Engage

Lower Than Atlantis

Tried to make something that shows how bleak the lineup could be compared to what a lot of people have been predicting. This isn't necessarily who I think is most likely, but I also don't think something like this is completely off the cards.

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline), Wolf Alice, J Hus, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes
NME: Annie Mac (closing set), The Streets, Krept & Konan

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, The Wombats, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, Wilkinson (live)

Sunday

Main: Green Day, Travis Scott, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Death From Above, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: The Vaccines, Nothing But Thieves, The Internet

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Tbh other than imagine dragons and the green day undercard, i dont think that looks too awful lmao

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't get how that's any worse than the usual predictions tbh.

Maybe it's my personal preferences clouding my view but I think Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons, Foos, Green Day is a lot less inspiring than Royal Blood / Paramore, Foos, Kendrick.

I guess it was more of a mix up of headliners to show something different, but personally I think it's a lot weaker than other predictions :P

Paramore + Royal Blood (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / J Hus / Creeper / Tonight Alive / Arcane Roots / Black Honey 

The Streets / Lil Uzi Vert 

The Story So Far 

Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons / Post Malone / The Wombats / Peace / The Amazons / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Astroid Boys

All Time Low / Nothing But Thieves 

Killswitch Engage 

Foo Fighters / Travis Scott / The Hunna / The Gaslight Anthem / Everything Everything / Bugzy Malone / Marmozets / The Menzingers / Idles 

The Vaccines / Friendly Fires 

Glassjaw 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

My prediction is looking pretty good overall atm tbh, I just think I may have bumped a few NME acts a bit too high or possibly low, anyone able to feedback on:
Tom Grennan 4th 

Creeper 3rd

The Internet 3rd

The Amazons 4th

DMA's 5th

Not sure why but those stick out to me as potentially too high or low. Anyone think different?

16 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

My prediction is looking pretty good overall atm tbh, I just think I may have bumped a few NME acts a bit too high or possibly low, anyone able to feedback on:
Tom Grennan 4th 

Creeper 3rd

The Internet 3rd

The Amazons 4th

DMA's 5th

Not sure why but those stick out to me as potentially too high or low. Anyone think different?

I think Creeper will play the Main Stage if they do play.