Big announcement on 6 music tues breakfast show

matt2007

only a musical titan like lauren laverne can be trusted with this kind of news

Bbc radio announcements are never great unless we are told what it is in advance like the reading and Leeds lineup.

Generally it's a special radio show or something in the live lounge

I have a sport spot for Lauren though with her been from my home city

Edited by brettredmayne

Bbc radio announcements are never great unless we are told what it is in advance like the reading and Leeds lineup.

Generally it's a special radio show or something in the live lounge

I have a sport spot for Lauren though with her been from my home city

That reading and Leeds announcement certainly wasnt great ;)

it must be someone big - perhaps a gig, or special show (probably at Maida Vale) or perhaps it's linked to Latitude's announcement tomorrow - don't 6Music promote one of the stages there?

Might be something up here at Media City - I've noticed the lack of special gigs here (they still seem to do everything in London despite the station having a base up here) so it'd make sense, and fit in with the billboard outside the presenters' favourite pub in Manchester (which makes me think its not Latitude as its like 5 hours away!). Which is incidentally over the road from the GMEX so maybe something there?

Hope its something reasonably big in Manchester - if its like a 100 capacity gig or something its not really worth the fanfare considering about 50 normal people will actually get in.

Calm down. It'll just be the fact that they're broadcasting live from Piccadilly records tomorrow and have got some gigs going on instore. It's all the shows from 10am-4pm I believe. Might pop down but I imagine there'll be queues of unemployed hipsters and students looking get a quick gawp at Lauren Laverne.

Calm down. It'll just be the fact that they're broadcasting live from Piccadilly records tomorrow and have got some gigs going on instore. It's all the shows from 10am-4pm I believe. Might pop down but I imagine there'll be queues of unemployed hipsters and students looking get a quick gawp at Lauren Laverne.

The announcement will be that they're broadcasting live on that day?

...announcements will come in bits all day apparently.

Looking at this now and the fact that on the 6 Music schedule for Shaun Keaveny show states:

Shaun is live from Salford as The Hawk and Mary Anne Hobbs join to show him around 6 Music's northern home. With Earworms and Small Claims Court as usual from 7am

Possible doing a major revamp of the station, changing presenters around confirming Salford as 'where its at'.

Looking at this now and the fact that on the 6 Music schedule for Shaun Keaveny show states:

Shaun is live from Salford as The Hawk and Mary Anne Hobbs join to show him around 6 Music's northern home. With Earworms and Small Claims Court as usual from 7am

Possible doing a major revamp of the station, changing presenters around confirming Salford as 'where its at'.

A revamp of the station would seem to make sense, with other announcements throughout the day about the revamp, how the schedule will look, plans for the year etc. Would then be able to include the Latitude announcement within that seen as though the station (I should imagine) is continuing their broadcasting rights to the fest.

Pretty sure this will be a festival/week of gigs in Manchester as opposed to anything to do with the station changing. Unless you've got a big name draw you're bringing to the station, you wouldnt put this kind of promo into moving Mary-Anne Hobbes to weekdays for example

Im gonna predict, festival similar to The Great Escape

Edited by Alcatraz