12 Days of Download

Guest luckysalt

Pretty embarrasing to be announcing that type of bands this early on, but this year in general seems to be struggling. Judging by the size of bands I wouldn't expect us to have any 3rd top mains yet, or sunday 2nd headliner. I'm gonna guess Steel Panther are 3rd main Sunday though (really weak, don't get how they are getting bigger) but that still means 6 biggish slots left (2 3rd's, 3 4th's and Sunday 2nd headliner).

I think they're really struggling to get the bands tied down or something cause they'd have announced them by this point otherwise. Given that last years second stage went on like this for a while before they decided to put Black Stone Cherry there I'm gonna guess we could end up with some very weak bands high up lol.

Maybe they'll just book Bullet again instead.

Given that most of this announcement is low main/2nd & 3rd stage bands if they hyped it then there'd be a lot of disappointed people expecting 'name' acts.

If you take the opinion of the official Download forums then next year will be packed, but seeing as that's hardly the home objectivity what does everyone else think? Looking around social media the general response has been the most disappointed I think I remember? Do we think the attendance will be as low as in 2011? Even then we had System (big reunion), A7X, Alter Bridge, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, BFMV & Disturbed.

Given that most of this announcement is low main/2nd & 3rd stage bands if they hyped it then there'd be a lot of disappointed people expecting 'name' acts.

If you take the opinion of the official Download forums then next year will be packed, but seeing as that's hardly the home objectivity what does everyone else think? Looking around social media the general response has been the most disappointed I think I remember? Do we think the attendance will be as low as in 2011? Even then we had System (big reunion), A7X, Alter Bridge, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, BFMV & Disturbed.

It's not a bad announcement (DEP, Feed The Rhino) but there's little to make people part with their cash. None of our group have bought tickets, everyone's waiting for the big name acts (top 5 mainstage, top 3 2nd) to be revealed so they can make an educated decision.

Did Download do any ticket giveaways etc in 2011? Can anyone remember?

They've obviously just decided to lump it all together and announce it instead of doing the 12 days, cus its so shit.

There's a couple of good acts in there, Volbeat are main stage Friday, but overall its very poor.

I did say on the official Download boards 2014 will be the worse selling Download in a long time, even worse than 2011.

Not overwhelmed by this announcement. Dillinger Escape Plan, Arcane Roots and Sikth are all amazing. I've been wanting to check out Volbeat and Feed the Rhino live for a while and Memphis May Fire were decent at Warped. Otherwise don't really care.