Pukkelpop 2014

TheNewUnion

Just had confirmation on Twitter from the guy who books all the bands that the War on Drugs will be playing in the Club!! Very happy with that, although they'll no doubt be headlining which might mean a nasty clash with one of the many dance acts/DJs I want to see late on.

Schedule is usually 2/3 weeks before the festival starts but we should get the stage splits before then.

Saw Jungle, Drenge and Temples earlier today and all sounded very good. Been looking over the Glasto line up and can't even begin to think how I'd navigate my way around it - there must be at least 5 stages every night that I'd be more than happy to camp out at!

I don't doubt your call on R&R Dave but my only concern is that I can't see anyone else on that day who could headline the Marquee??

Maybe move Röyksopp & Robyn to the Main to close it then? Really don't wanna see that show in daylight...
But yeah agreed there aren't a lot of 'typical' Marquee closers on Friday, although The Van Jets, Balthazar and maybe The Hickey Underworld are pretty big Belgian acts right? I'd expect them earlier in the day on the Main Stage, but Van Jets could build a party at night.
Another option is putting a dance act to close the Marquee, they had Kalkbrenner do so in the past. There's a lot of acts that could headline dance stages that day: Bloody Beetroots are probably pegged for the Dance Hall, Rustie in Castello, Andy C I expect to be the headliner of the Boiler... So then you're left with DJ Fresh, who could probably close the Main by now right? Or am I overestimating his popularity? Either way you could have him in the Marquee (or put Röyksopp there, move DJ Fresh to the Main?)

Although it wouldn't surprise me either if they just let Macklemore & Ryan Lewis close the Main after Ed Sheeran and The National.

If anyone wants cheap food/drinks tokens pm have 2 sets of 20 tokens to sell will let them go at half price. Got them from the year of massive storm and aint attending this year and nobody i know from luxemebourg is attending so hope they don't go too waste.

These have been sold now - rgds

Just had confirmation on Twitter from the guy who books all the bands that the War on Drugs will be playing in the Club!! Very happy with that, although they'll no doubt be headlining which might mean a nasty clash with one of the many dance acts/DJs I want to see late on.

Schedule is usually 2/3 weeks before the festival starts but we should get the stage splits before then.

The Club would suit The War on Drugs, but aren't they a bit big for it now, like The Ting Tings were in 2008? I'd have thought they'd do better in the Marquee (please not on the Main though).

I'm intrigued by The Amazing Snakeheads, but just read that 2 out of 3 of them left the band in a huff 2 weeks ago. It'll depend on whether the newbies that replaced them have settled in properly.

Whats good people?

Countdown for PKP14 has started for me, really looking forward to it!

Just wondering if anyone could help me, one of my friends can no longer make it (we are a group of 8 ) but I've got another friend who is wanting the ticket. I have E-Mailed Pukkelpop and they just say I've got to wait until the ticket exchange service but they won't give me any details on how it works.

Friend 1's ticket is a Combi and Camping A, so will he sell the ticket to Friend 2 via this service? Is it as simple as that? I don't want to have any suprises and find that the campsite may have to change, especially as we are getting closer and I also have to change the name on the Ferry confirmation! (the joys of being the organiser)

Thanks for any advice you may have, take it easy

https://pukkelpop.pptickets.be/en/exchange-service/general-conditions/

please not The War On Drugs in the club. too many people wanting to see them... at primavera they had a massive crowd.

on the main stage: The National really 'only' third and then macklewis and röykbyn? but it would be a good sunset time. think the last time i saw them at pukkelpop was exactly the same?...

Pukkelpop allows this year to change the name of the tickets... I'm really surprised about it. It's an invitation for touts. i imagine that lot of people will try to get some money with the situation, and there is an importante risk of being scammed. i don't understand why pukkelpop has opened this door.

Edited by johnybegood

A couple of friends and I are travelling to Pukkelpop from Sweden, and plan on taking the train from Brussels Airport to Kiewit Station. Is there a supermarket nearby the train station or should we try our luck elsewhere? Also, how far is the walking distance from Kiewit Station to Camping B? We are planning on traversing this distance by foot since we are going to take a train that arrives early in the morning the 13th.

A couple of friends and I are travelling to Pukkelpop from Sweden, and plan on taking the train from Brussels Airport to Kiewit Station. Is there a supermarket nearby the train station or should we try our luck elsewhere? Also, how far is the walking distance from Kiewit Station to Camping B? We are planning on traversing this distance by foot since we are going to take a train that arrives early in the morning the 13th.

It's a better idea if you go from Brussels Airport to Hasselt station. There is a SPAR supermarket 100m from this station. Then you can take a free shuttle to the festival site from the front door of Hasselt Rail Station.

Agreed with Johnybegood above, probably better to try for Hasselt station: that's a lot bigger so easier to reach per train. Kiewit is a very small regional station to which the stop-trains will be way crowded. Do the groceries in Hasselt, then take one of the free shuttle buses (from Hasselt station) to the campings. They also stop at Campsite B if I recall correctly! Campings open at 12.00 on Wednesday, so I assume the shuttles start a bit before that.

Agreed with Johnybegood above, probably better to try for Hasselt station: that's a lot bigger so easier to reach per train. Kiewit is a very small regional station to which the stop-trains will be way crowded. Do the groceries in Hasselt, then take one of the free shuttle buses (from Hasselt station) to the campings. They also stop at Campsite B if I recall correctly! Campings open at 12.00 on Wednesday, so I assume the shuttles start a bit before that.

Okay, sounds good! Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Little more than 4 weeks to go. About time we had the stage splits, methinks.

Just checked last year's thread and the splits went up on June 27. The full timetable went live on July 23.

Maybe they're going to wait another week and announce both together...?

Yes.. I think so. In 2012, stage splits were announced June 18, so this year I think that they will announce both together.

I hope that the reason for this change of strategy wont be a massive number of cancellations... last year during july and august lot of cool bands cancelled ( Neil Young, Courteneers, Slayer, Pretty Reckless, Brand New, Frank Turner, Foreign Beggars,XXYYXX, Rainy Milo and Solagne). For example, Pukkelpop show disappeared two weeks ago from Jimmy Eat World webpage (http://jimmyeatworld.com/tour/)... I hope that my theory is wrong.

Good. Might get someone decent instead.

Ha ha :sarcastic: I sort of agree there, nothing against Jimmy.E.W but I don't know them really so wouldn't be concerned if they didn't play. I was wondering though, if they did cancel if PKP would fill the spot of just move people up/extend the sets of some others (though I hope they don't cancel, I was gutted with the cancellations last year, build you up let you down or what)

Looking at the line up now, I do think there is a bit of weakness in the "2nd tier" (even though I may have been more positive in the past) but I doubt that there will be much else added now. I wonder if they are saving for some huge names next year. 30th Anniversary, no more free food/drink tickets (last freebies from the storm years) seems like as good a time as any to have a blow out, and 25th anniversary was very a good line up.

It'll be a blast regardless, but I need to see some stage splits now if I'm going to get fully excited. Once you get to see who you will/can get to see then you can start planning - that's when you realise just how much there is to see (and how many clashes that you have to endure!)

Edited by TheNewUnion

It's great to think that in exactly one months time we'll all be on site, no doubt the worse for wear, enjoying the music and the company!

Agree that we will probably just get the timetable now and very much hope it will be this week. As I've mentioned before, Thursday will give me some serious headaches and difficult/upsetting decisions to make. There's way too many bands and DJs I want to see and I'm fully expecting a good few to directly clash, or at least overlap.

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of the cancellations we had last year but, if there are any, I don't think they'll fill them in with new names. Be interesting to see the timings as there's more names on the bill than ever before. As for the 30th anniversary, I'm sure they'll pull something decent out of the bag. Without wanting to sound like a stuck record, it's the middle and bottom of the bill each year that I go for. I'll probably catch a bit of Deadmau5 and Outkast next month but aside from that, there won't be any other headliners I'll see (unless I'm drunk and go along with the crowd!).

So you'll be seeing the headline acts then :-)

Yeah, sounds about right!!

However, if you see me anywhere near the Main when Calvin Harris is on then you have permission to drag me away by the feet. Watched some of his set from T and, while the lights looked amazing, the music was just awful. Fair play to him though as he's probably raking in £50,000-100,000 a show and it's little more than him wheeling out remixes of his album whilst messing around with the FX on the mixer when he feels like it/gets bored. Really wouldn't be surprised if he's got a mix cd and just presses play at the start.

Saw a couple of pictures on Facebook over the weekend of the site build!! It's very early days (just a few of those red/white portacabins being set up) but it's another reason to get excited as the start day comes closer!!