Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tom Wells

BST in Hyde Park 2014

I think they are probably the best live band i've ever seen, but that's circumscribed as there are a few bands i'm yet to see.

I think it's because (as much as I like them) their stuff is pretty bland, they have a few belters but casually I find it hard to listen.

It's strange, I like them so much but their stuff sometimes bores me. However i'd jump to see them live at any opportunity!

Do people talk loads of shit about them? I thought they were regarded as a superb live act? And IF they do play, I'm there too ;)

I think they are probably the best live band i've ever seen, but that's circumscribed as there are a few bands i'm yet to see.

I think it's because (as much as I like them) their stuff is pretty bland, they have a few belters but casually I find it hard to listen.

It's strange, I like them so much but their stuff sometimes bores me. However i'd jump to see them live at any opportunity!

I get you. Hardly ever listen to them myself but would too jump at the chance to see them live again.

Wasting Light was a boss of an album. Had some truly beautiful songs on it.

But that's just you isn't it - if you weren't doing that something would be up :P

Fuck me, the Sabbath day has probably one of the strongest line ups of any fest going.

More stages and a few more (expensive) food stalls/funfair rides/crap but other than that, no.

(I haven't been actually, just going by whats on the internetz)

That is a pretty damn good line-up, although still seems daft to have it clash with Soni.

I think it's better to have it clash with the weak Soni headliner rather than Pearl Jam the following week.

But that's assuming people will go to both. They may be physically only clashing with the The Prodigy but are that many people going to buy a Soni wekend ticket and also do Sabbath, or do Sabbath and then get two Soni day tickets? If not then they're still contending with Metallica and Iron Maiden when people choose which one to go to.

I think most people who would get a Sabbath ticket, would then get a day ticket for Metallica and/or Maiden. Sabbath a bigger draw than Prodicgy in those circles!

I like how the Hyde Park show has a better undercard than all of the Soni undercard combined.

That Black Sabbath day is pretty damn tempting! Really decent undercard to go with them!

Friday though so would mean another day off work just after Glastonbury :(.

Sabbath, Faith No More & Soundgarden as the headliners with a decent varied undercard would have made a much more interesting Sonisphere line up than the boring repetitive stuff they've booked this year.

People moaning about the potential clash must remember that the Hyde Park gigs have been on these dates for several years, it's Sonisphere that moved dates when they came back. So if anyone's to blame, it's them.

More stages and a few more (expensive) food stalls/funfair rides/crap but other than that, no.

(I haven't been actually, just going by whats on the internetz)

Sabbath, Faith No More & Soundgarden as the headliners with a decent varied undercard would have made a much more interesting Sonisphere line up than the boring repetitive stuff they've booked this year.

People moaning about the potential clash must remember that the Hyde Park gigs have been on these dates for several years, it's Sonisphere that moved dates when they came back. So if anyone's to blame, it's them.

I love fnm and SG but they're not big enough to headline Soni. But yeah, metallica and maiden staddles the line between playing it safe (which soni really need) and being really boring.

And as much as I love metallica. I don't see the by request shows being too much of a departure from their regular shows.

Which means it would have clashed with PJ at the MK Bowl. With Faith No More & Soundgarden on the undercard, that obviously isn't a good idea...

FNM & Soundgarden co-headlining with Sabbath & Metallica as the other two headliners would have sold well.

Either way, Soni has a very uninspiring line up. But I guess it's easy to see why they'd play it safe after the financial difficulties they've had the last couple of years.

I am all over this like a rash. Never seen Sabbath, love FNM & Soundgarden...Motorhead are ace. Hands down the BEST metal line up I've seen for a long time in one day. If that was a day at Download people would shit a brick.

And as much as I love metallica. I don't see the by request shows being too much of a departure from their regular shows.